PDA

View Full Version : Problems connecting to PPRuNe

Bravo73
3rd Mar 2012, 19:45
Has anybody else been having problems connecting to PPRuNe recently? If so, can you please point me towards any relevant thread.

Otherwise, is anybody have the same problems as me? Over the past 3-4 weeks, it often takes a long time to connect to PPRuNe and often it won't connect at all. However, after a few 'refreshes', it does generally connect. But it then subsequently takes a long time to refresh. Everything seems to be generally quite slow and sluggish.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with my Mac/browser/ISP combo or if others are experiencing the same or similar.

green granite
3rd Mar 2012, 20:30
It's frequently a bit sluggish recently, it was about 0800 this morning, took a few minutes to open a tread.

Bravo73
3rd Mar 2012, 21:51
Whilst trying to access PPRuNe to read this thread, received this message several times:

The connection has timed out
The server at[/URL] [url]www.pprune.0rg (http://www.pprune.org) is taking too long to respond.

:confused:

G-CPTN
3rd Mar 2012, 23:31
For about ten days now I have been receiving the 'connection timing out' message whenever I send a reply that has been more than a few seconds in compiling.
If I copy and paste the text and immediately select 'send' (Submit reply) then it all works fine.

Today I have also been 'timing-out' when requesting pages to view.

givemewings
7th Mar 2012, 21:23
Same. Thought it was because I'm accessing from the Middle East, but it's patchy even with a vee pee enn which normally clears it up right away...?

BrandiNettIB
7th Mar 2012, 21:34
What browser(s) (including version numbers) are you guys using?

We've been dealing with some issues that are specific to certain browsers. I don't know if this is related, but the info would be good to know regardless.

green granite
7th Mar 2012, 21:37
Mainly FireFox V11b and12a.

Bravo73
7th Mar 2012, 22:43
Firefox 10.0.2 on a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.7.3).

FYI but the speed seems to have improved over the last couple of days.

Edited to add: Scratch that. The old 'connection timed out' problem is back.

dazdaz1
8th Mar 2012, 15:28
Never had any problems on this site for speed/connection, FF 7.0.1 I would imagine this could be down to geographical location of the user.

Daz

BrandiNettIB
8th Mar 2012, 17:47
Alright, thanks for the reports, guys. I'll have the tech team take a look to see if they can find anything.

sitigeltfel
10th Mar 2012, 01:10
For about ten days now I have been receiving the 'connection timing out' message whenever I send a reply that has been more than a few seconds in compiling.
If I copy and paste the text and immediately select 'send' (Submit reply) then it all works fine.

Today I have also been 'timing-out' when requesting pages to view.

Exact same probs here. I cleared cookies as suggested on another thread and it has improved.

givemewings
10th Mar 2012, 19:04
FYI geography is usually making a difference for me (e.g. outside the ME the access is unrestricted) however recently it's been patchy everywhere.

Having said that my o/s was reinstalled today and no problems so far.... hope no-one else has resorted to that (it was an unrelated issue, am not that desperate for Pprune haha)