PDA

View Full Version : PICUS and SPIC flights

LVL_CHG
2nd Mar 2012, 11:45
I'm applying online to a question that asks if I have a certain amount of hours as Pilot in Command.

As just PIC my hours aren't enough required. However if I add my SPIC and PICUS times to this then it is enough required.

Now I know that SPIC and PICUS are completely different entities to PIC but would you think for a question such as that above that the times could be cumulative?

mad_jock
2nd Mar 2012, 11:53
Nope if they had want those hours they would have asked for them.

PIC is PIC and in quite alot of cases its an insurance requirment for even flying in the RHS.

But the worst thing they can do is ignore your application so you might as well add them all together.

But the recruiters are very switched on so if you have done an intergrated course and have 180 hours TT and are claiming 120 hours PIC they will just throw it straight in the bucket. It is a ploy of some recruiting to avoid certain groups by tayloring the hours requirements to make it impossible for them to apply.

Finals19
2nd Mar 2012, 19:38
Depends what you're applying for and what your flying history is?

Not sure about PICUS, but P1S can be counted as PIC in certain circumstances. In our operation we log P1S from the RHS when its our flying sector. This can go towards P1 time required for the issuance of an ATPL.

If however you are asking from the perspective of a first commercial job, Mad Jock is prob correct in his statement. I think P1S (as mentioned above) only applies in a 2 crew JAR 25 operation.

mad_jock
2nd Mar 2012, 19:55
P1S is supervised PIC which is only done in intergrated flying courses.

PICUS: is PIC under supervision which can be logged with permission of the Captain (I know most folk don't bother but some will get in a right tizzy if you preseum you can) on your sector if you carry out all the dutys of the PIC and don't cock it up. Some countrys have different ways of doing it. It is also logged on completion of a passed flight test.

PIC is only when you are responsable for the aircraft and sign the tech log.

joflin
3rd Mar 2012, 07:37
Is this something authorized by ICAO;

mad_jock
P1S is supervised PIC which is only done in intergrated flying courses.

or is it an UK-thing ( don't remember what the CAP-acronym stand for) ! ?

If so, beware - EASA-FCL is coming. Proposed deadline is spring-2012...

mad_jock
3rd Mar 2012, 09:18
its PIC supervised.

Basically because they don't have a license until they are finished they have to do some exercises in the twin with an instructor sitting next to them because you can't has such sign someone out solo in a twin and no insurance compnay would insure you anyway if you could.