PDA

View Full Version : How to Recover lost a Outlook Calendar File?

Agaricus bisporus
1st Mar 2012, 22:24
I have accidentally lost an important calendar entry in Outlook and have cleared the deleted items folder.
How can I recover it? What type of file is a calendar entry? ie a dot XYZ???

Mike-Bracknell
2nd Mar 2012, 08:36
In full-blown Outlook, calendar entries are entries into a database, not file items.

If you're running it against an Exchange server with retention capabilities there is a possibility of recovering it from the deleted items. However if you're running it via a PST (and getting your mail via POP etc), then your only hope is shadow copies of the PST.

mixture
2nd Mar 2012, 11:19
What Mike said... and next time....

remember to .....

backup backup backup backup backup backup backup backup backup backup

:E

Bushfiva
2nd Mar 2012, 11:39
There are a couple of options, neither of them particularly pleasant. First, you can copy the PST file, then on the copy, corrupt the TOC using a hex editor and use SCANPST to recover the copy to a third PST file. Your deleted calendar entry may be miraculously found there.

Or, you can pay for a commercial recovery tool. They tend not to be cheap. A couple of them have a free demo download, which will show you roughly what it can recover but not in detail.

Google will help you destroy the TOC, but I'm not going to go into it here and take the ensuing blame!

Milo Minderbinder
2nd Mar 2012, 20:00
All versions of Outlook come with an Inbox Repair Tool which in reality looks for missing / corrupt data in the PST files, The name and location depends on the version of Office, you just need to Google it

Bushfiva
2nd Mar 2012, 23:34
Inbox Repair Tool's name is always scanpst.exe