PDA

View Full Version : Will EK take pilots from QR?

shjomi83
1st Mar 2012, 10:23
Anyone heard info on this

AquiElJefe
1st Mar 2012, 11:26
I hear the pilot poaching rule is about to expire and can't get much info but if it's true then QR will be losing a lot of pilots cause most think EK is a much better life. Word is that over 500 from QR have applied already from QR. also with EK taking DECs. That may really start an exodus there.

shjomi83
1st Mar 2012, 19:33
Is the poaching rule gonna expire in July?

Qatari515
2nd Mar 2012, 04:14
Answer to the original question: no they will not, unless you are well connected with someone inside EK.

Why: because they do not have to!

:E

Capt Bubbles
2nd Mar 2012, 07:02
I've also heard that this anti-poaching agreement will end in June or July but unfortunately not from a reliable source. I know that at this time EK are definately rejecting applications from QR guys, their response being "give us a call back in 12 months" :ugh:
If anybody from EK can confirm or deny this it would be a great help to a lot of very frustrated QR guys and gals.

touch&go
3rd Mar 2012, 08:56
Can't see QR allowing this agreement to laps for the following reason, if QR's biggest competitor has the ability at a stroke of a pen wipe out around 30% of QR's flight deck as people are estimating then do you think they will allow it to happen? No.

No a great position to be at the hands of your biggest competitor though.

Just how I see it.

Gutter Airways
3rd Mar 2012, 09:14
There comes a time in your career as a QR pilot when you reach a crossroad. You either stay and try to keep yourself happy, or you move on and truly become happy.

I have moved on.

If you really want a chance at EK, you will probably have to do the same.

captain.weird
3rd Mar 2012, 09:55
Gutter, how did you do it then? Sat home for 12 months after qr?

Gutter Airways
3rd Mar 2012, 11:12
captain.weird, I found a clause that allowed me to join Karwa for 12 months, what do you think I did? :}

Plenty of other options. Depends on you and your circumstances.

Just don't let the Stockholm Syndrome set in.