PDA

View Full Version : Jeppview v4

kalavo
1st Mar 2012, 01:35
What were they thinking with this new version? Slower to load and the text section is just as woeful as it's always been.

Aimpoint
1st Mar 2012, 06:22
It stinks. I'm sticking to version 3.

JCJ
1st Mar 2012, 06:31
Won't print 2up properly on the Jepp paper,prints over the ring holes. Email today says they are aware of the problem and should be a fix within a week......

Capt EFIS
1st Mar 2012, 11:48
It sucks... won't let you print out some of the charts until their effective date. I lasted about 2 days before going back to v3.

Pass-A-Frozzo
31st Mar 2012, 07:18
Shouldn't be too long until Jepp weigh in with big boots... they generally do, and wipe out everyone else in their path. Many pilot's have a relationship with Jepp products like druggo's do with crack cocaine.

Old Akro
31st Mar 2012, 08:16
There is some stuff that is different and takes some getting used to, but overall I think its a more powerful thing. I like the weather option.

Pass-A-Frozzo
31st Mar 2012, 08:50
At the end of the day, Jeppesen have won the day with their products. I've found that many professional pilot's might try some other amateur "I'm a pilot and programmed xxx" products.. but after a year or two, Jeppesen kill them all.

They already have all the features, the NOTAM feed, their own WX feed and the followership of many pilots. They just have to port it to a new OS. When you know what you've programmed, this isn't a particularly difficult process. Much harder than 3rd parties working it out for themselves.

Capn Bloggs
31st Mar 2012, 09:25
Somebody's certainly on Crack here...

Frozo, if half of what has been written about Ozrunways/AIP is true, those two blokes have gazumped Jepp bigtime. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I didn't have to buy an ipad for it. Jepp have been at this for years and still haven't tailored the electronic Airway Manual text to be country-specific or add changebars.

kellykelpie
31st Mar 2012, 11:10
Go and get yourself an iPad Bloggs! Do yourself a favor...

G Limit
1st Apr 2012, 02:15
Does anyone know a way of finding out what charts have been revised in a previous update? So if I miss a revision cycle and still want to print the previous revision without doing a complete re-print.

Cheers