PDA

View Full Version : Direct Entry Captain Emirates.

Gear Pin
29th Feb 2012, 20:25
Has anyone got info on this.

I've got an interview on March 17, and I've been told Qantas pilots get massive concessions during the interview process.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm a 17 year Qantas pilot, but just under the 3000 hrs, and was accepted for interview through a friend based on projected flying before I start.

(Apparently, QF 767 pilots are considered "world cutting edge" due to the intro of RNP and Cat II RWY16 in MEL):ok:

One of the perks of being a Qantas pilot ( and ex cadet:ok:)!

Angle of Attack
29th Feb 2012, 21:01
I think he might be talking about the 3000 hour PIC Jet time required for the DEC in emirates but apart from that I have no idea what he is going on about? :confused:

nitpicker330
29th Feb 2012, 21:27
If you blokes are as god as you say then you won't need any concessions!! :D

Get over yourself.

RNP, CAT 2 in MEL???

Wow I'm speechless :}

Livs Hairdresser
29th Feb 2012, 21:28
Don't feed the troll

parabellum
29th Feb 2012, 21:59
Gear Pin - read your calendar more carefully, it is the 1st of March, old boy, not April!:D

(Nice try though!).

kellykelpie
29th Feb 2012, 22:44
Wind up....

The The
29th Feb 2012, 23:17
It is true that considerable concession will be given to Pilots such as yourself from QF.

Don't worry about any preparation for the assessment or interview, you won't be asked anything technical. Since being from QF, you don't have a practical assessment in the simulator. It is assumed you are of exceptional standard and therefore not necessary to undergo the same selection criteria as lesser pilots.

Wear your Qantas uniform to the interview so everyone will assume your abilities and thus not need to ask.

Be sure to enquire about the QF pay adjustment wherein former QF pilots get a pay loading because they were QF pilots and therefore more worthy.

Let us know how you go!

pcx
29th Feb 2012, 23:52
What an attidude.
Sadly "and ex cadethttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif" says it all for me.

Toruk Macto
1st Mar 2012, 00:12
No interviews for a Qantas pilot, just a limo straight to the Burj .

bdcer
1st Mar 2012, 00:20
Come on guys, this just shows how immature we are. Yes it's a wind up, but unfortunately that's how we like to behave (?). Why can't we get past our squabbles & focus on aviation, isn't that why we learnt to fly in the first place?

Capt Kremin
1st Mar 2012, 01:00
Any real Qantas pilot has all the info they need on Qrewroom, coming mainly from guys who have already gone and one who left some time ago and is now part of the pilot selection team.

Please don't feed this troll.