View Full Version : UPGRADE TO CPT

philippes
29th Feb 2012, 15:17
Hi . I'd like to know about the work atmosphere in HKA , the money you can earn ( after taxes ) in the A320 fleet as a F/O and as well the time it takes to upgrade to the left seat . I have around 6700 h of A320 as a F/O .
THANKS

Madp1lot
29th Feb 2012, 16:03
Hi there!

Gonna give you a "head's up", b4 a bunch of guys come here telling you to f8ck off and stuff, that you should do your own search and stuff... :P

don't know about the A320, I'm searching for the A330 FO position... but what I know so far is:

A330 FO:
final pay ~82500HKD (~70005HKD after taxes check out this site (http://www.taxrates.cc/) about taxes) and 10HKD ~ 1€
young fleet, both in hardware as in HR, truly international.
usually 3 years contract, probably 5 if without TR
lots of new toys on the way (100ac, A320/330/350/380, B737/787 and don't remember what more)

Last news I heard was that some FOs that joined up 4 years ago are about to upgrade.

You're from Spain right? do you know anything about a HKA recruitment over there on the 19th? I tried to call SEPLA to check, but no one answers.

philippes
1st Mar 2012, 05:56
Thank's a lot !

yes , people fm HKA were in MAD to recruit pilots . Most of them passed the interview and the sim and there are waiting to be called to go to HK .

Madp1lot
2nd Mar 2012, 10:57
and do you know if they are going there on the 19th? or some other close by date?

I'm really interested on attending an interview with them, so help will be very much appreciated. I've got no clue where to contact to get this info.. like where they'll be, and how can I "enroll" to attend those interviews.

thanks if you could help.

note: reply here or msg me :)

AAIGUY
2nd Mar 2012, 19:49
HKA has never upgraded anyway.
They still to this day don't have a CAD
approved upgraded program

PA28r200hp
3rd Mar 2012, 11:36
NO ETOPS
NO LWMO APPROVAL
NO COMMAND UP-GRADE APPROVAL
EVERYTHING BLAMED ON HKG CAD
SHOULD INSTEAD LOOK AT THEMSELVES AND THEIR MANAGEMENT PILOTS.
:mad:

PA28r200hp
3rd Mar 2012, 11:39
Remmember you are expected to live in the most expensive city in the world where an average flat will set you back HKG$30000:ugh::ugh:

Madp1lot
3rd Mar 2012, 21:55
dudes, we get it... the contract sucks, their management team are thieves, the contract's signed in blood with the devil himself, the city is crappy and expensive (here I agree with you)... but put it in your minds that ppl are applying and interested in moving... so stop with the propaganda crap and enjoy your lives...

Peace!! :ok:

AAIGUY
3rd Mar 2012, 23:04
It's not propaganda.
NO ETOPS
NO LWMO APPROVAL

simple fact.

Other things like.. No roster (or certainly not one that doesn't change 15 times)
you may choose not to believe.. but the above quote P28.. is simple fact

philippes
5th Mar 2012, 15:57
Sorry , but as far as I know , they won't be in MAD in march .

icemankk2001
6th Mar 2012, 14:58
totally agree with Madp1lot,

stop all the propaganda, there are ppl that enjoy what some refers to '****' place. maybe what those ppl enjoying are '****' to me?

cheers.

Algol
6th Mar 2012, 18:01
It's not propaganda.
Quote:
NO ETOPS
NO LWMO APPROVAL
simple fact.

Other things like.. No roster (or certainly not one that doesn't change 15 times)
you may choose not to believe.. but the above quote P28.. is simple fact

I might not always see eye to eye with AAIGUY but he's dead right here.
A lot of time was wasted concentrating effort on ETOPs approval, to get an Aussie route going. Even though HKA had no rights to operate to Oz.:ugh: Last September the negotiations on such rights collapsed and will not re-start for a year. :D

Meantime - due to a planning screw-up by HNA a charter flight flew an ETOPs route.
The HKCAD found out, and now all approvals are now on hold while thats investigated. :{

The LWO approval should have been the number 1 priority - but somebody bet the house on ETOPs.

The lack of CATII has caused HKA massive disruption and delays all winter. It ain't over yet - now the LGW service is about to kick off with no LWO ability. :rolleyes:

Bad call guys.
Who's calling the shots?

PA28r200hp
7th Mar 2012, 09:11
Last week-end TPE faced a similar fate with the inaugural flights in total chaos to PAX.
Local press reported of Pax spending 17hours aboard a 1.5 hr flight there and back twice ,and severe delays for 2 days due fog in Taiwan.
:D well done HKA:D NO LWO
Choose an airline with experienced crews,years of operation,and good ops in the eyes of CAD before making a career choice.It will be your licence and be proud of your qualifications.Dont sell it to a cheap and slack operation. :rolleyes:

seventhreedriver
7th Mar 2012, 11:43
It may be a stupid question but what is LWO?

Fly747
7th Mar 2012, 11:56
Was LWMO, now LVO.

Algol
7th Mar 2012, 12:06
There are plenty of LVO experienced pilots at HKA.
The aircraft are CATIIIB capable.
But if the approvals aren't obtained, the paperwork isn't done, and the required training program isn't in place - might as well be flying a DC3.

What a stupid waste of a priceless asset.

PA28r200hp
11th Mar 2012, 04:03
ID rather fly an icon like the DC3 than an HKA non etops non LWMO non SOP A330 a la singapore la!!!!:ok:

Algol
13th Mar 2012, 19:56
Well, as a 'PA28 200hp' hero you'd no doubt be dazzled by such a step up.
Maybe you might even get an 'Upgrade to CPT' on it.