PDA

View Full Version : Flying jobs in middle east

Sina320
29th Feb 2012, 05:25
Hey guys/girls,

I know there are already tons of information on this website about different airlines operating in the middle east. I've been on this site for the past 8 hours, reading different threads about QR, Etihad, EK, AA and other airlines but most of the posts are from folks who got their JAA/ICAO license. My situation is a bit different.

I live in California and have my FAA Commercial multi engine license with instrument rating. I'm taking my ATP written test next week and have just over 1,000 hours TT with only 30 multi. I have a current flying job here in CA flying C-206. With my times, I could probably get a job at one of the regionals in the states however, my goal is to move to the middle east as soon as possible and if I accept a job with a regional here, I will most likely have to sign a training contract for 3-5 years.

I understand that I will need to convert my license first. I'm working on that and should have it done within the next 3-4 months.

Now, the reason I'm desperately in need of moving to middle east is because my fiance is a cabin crew at EK. If we are lucky, we get to see each other twice a month when she has layovers in SFO.

I was thinking about the QR second officer but according to their website, they do require time in turbine planes or planes with max TOW 12,000. But at the same time, reading the posts on this website, it seems that's not really what they are sticking to and people are getting hired with less hours and no turbine experience.

Some people have told me a 737 or A320 type rating could help me and I’m willing to spend 10-15K on it, if its really going to help.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you,

Sina