PDA

View Full Version : Shell AVGAS / Jet Bowser problems

Jabawocky
29th Feb 2012, 01:28
Just a quick note to anyone who uses Shell outlets via a credit card.

There was a processing change made by some banks, most likely ANZ and Westpac that renders your credit card transaction declined, despite your coorect pin or credit limit being OK. There is a bank industry glitch that someone did not test through properly basically.

From my call to COMPAC today they believe that since they tetsted it and advised the banks there has been corrective action happening and should be rolled out at the end of the week.

Too bad if you were stranded in Coober Pedy with an ANZ Visa card and no fuel :uhoh:

185skywagon
29th Feb 2012, 02:03
There will be a software upgrade for these bowsers in the next day or so, apparently.

cheers,

Jamair
29th Feb 2012, 06:10
So when is BP / Mobil setting up a bowser / truck at CAB Jaba? :E

Jabawocky
29th Feb 2012, 11:01
We wish:sad:

Dora-9
29th Feb 2012, 19:06
It seems that ever since Shell installed their new "you-beaut" CC machine at YCAB (and simultaneously dumped the services of the previous agent, the ever-helpful Jim T), this has been an unmitigated disaster. Where else can you approach the bowser with serious misgivings as to whether it will actually give you fuel???

Please sir, can we have someone (anyone) else?

Wally Mk2
29th Feb 2012, 22:08
'jabadabadoo' you should know that it's a leap year (Feb 29th) this year so next time wait 'till the next day b4 using any computer bank related contraption!:ok:
See told ya SE planes where dangerous. Had you bin in a twin then you wouldn't be able to afford the fuel in the first place so the whole exercise would have been academic buddy!:E

Wmk2

rioncentu
1st Mar 2012, 06:06
Dora-9

MKost of the other Shell bowsers I too approach in such a manner. !!

185skywagon
1st Mar 2012, 06:25
Software update completed here in YBCV today.
seems to work fine.

Jabawocky
1st Mar 2012, 09:04
Jolly good!

Will test on Saturday when I get back from down south.

Dont like the wx down south.....test out that stormscope :ooh: