PDA

View Full Version : Moorabbin Flight Training Academy

tuaapache
28th Feb 2012, 23:54
Hi all,
Has anyone ever trained at Moorabbin Flight Training Academy located at Mangalore? If so, pls give me some feedback.

Cheers

MArk Hemming
1st Mar 2012, 13:40
You have to be Chinese to train there, all their students are Chinese airline cadets

tuaapache
1st Mar 2012, 14:53
I e-mailed them to see if they accept oversea students and they said there would be provision to accept private students. I am not sure if this is a good school though, it is in the middle of nowhere and there is no controlled tower.

Jerry Lee
1st Mar 2012, 17:07
Give a look at MFS.

Jabawocky
1st Mar 2012, 19:33
I am not sure if this is a good school though, it is in the middle of nowhere and there is no controlled tower.

I can see this thread getting locked....unless the IP address is from Bangkok, but it will get zipped eventually, but my thoughts on the comment above............... The best place to have a flying school is a non towered aerodrome. You need to learn to fly, you need to learn non towered, and you will then be better placed to learn controlled airspace.....once you can actually fly the thing.

nomorecatering
1st Mar 2012, 22:28
I used to work there 3 years ago.

Its a good school, I know a few of the instructors and they seem quite switched on. MNG is a great place to train, weather is fairly benign, the runways are long and wide. probably the best local to get your training done likety split. Being north of the dividing range means the weather is 99% of the time suitable to fly.

The fact it doesnt have a tower is no prob, there will be plenty of navs into CTA and MB or EN. The fact that the training area starts literally at the runway is a huge bonus. You are only 50nm north of Essendon, controlled airspace starts about 15nm south of mangalore, so its not the middle of nowhere.

The aircraft are Warriors, Arrows and Seminoles, all old but serviceableand will do the job.

So if you can fo to MFTA.....do it.

DK08
2nd Mar 2012, 01:57
i dont want to say much, but ive heard of some interesting stories about mfta.

also, ive always wondered why they call themselves MOORABBIN flight training academy. does anyone know why they call it moorabbin even though they aren't located there?