PDA

View Full Version : How about Europe??

estdl.rio
28th Feb 2012, 19:01
Hello fellas, I have some questions that I hope you can answer. I am Mexican with Spanish nationality, and my intentions are to study in any country in Europe and then return to Mexico to convalidate and work in my country. My question is what courses do I need (I think ATPL course will be unncesary) here in Mexico we follow much of FAA rules, first we do PPL, IR, CPL and ME 180 hrs in total how about you guys in Europe wich courses will I need so I can convalidate? Also what FTO do you recommend me, the cheapest option? (yeah I know quality and cheap dosent get along) but believe me everything is better than any FTO here in Mexico BELIEVE me. Spain will be great because of the language it will be easier to get a job in McDonalds or something like that to pay the rent. What do you think? Greetings and Thanks

Jerry Lee
28th Feb 2012, 19:17
I highly suggest you to do the course in America.

If you come in Europe you will have to study the ATPL theory and you will have to pass 14 exams.

If you 're thinking of seeking job in Europe too, then it may worth it.

There are several good FTO in Spain like Gestair, Aerolink in Barcelona, Aerofan in Madrid and Aerodynamic in Malaga.
Not to forget FTE Jerez, but it is extremely expensive and I heard negative things about them recently.

estdl.rio
28th Feb 2012, 19:27
I forogt to tell you, by personal issues studying in the United States is off the table.

Yeah maybe in a near future after working several years here in Mexico maybe having my JAA (If I get it) I could think in searching for a Job in Europe, how is job situation in Europe? How are the odds to get a job (not necessarily in an airline any job as a pilot is perfect to me) just after finishing in the academy in Europe?

PD> Remember I am serching for the cheapest option, Thanks

Jerry Lee
28th Feb 2012, 19:38
The only ways to get into airline industry in Europe are the following:

- Integrated course sponsored by airline or not sponsored. If not sponsored do it at a good flight training provider that may have connections with airlines;
- MPL Scheme;
- Ryanair and other low cost carriers;
- P2F and taking the risk to lose your RHS because another young pilot wants to pay to fly an A320 or 737.

I'm going for the modular way and I will probably be a flight instructor. I'd like to start flying at Ryanair or get a job with an airline without paying - a bond would also be acceptable.

I wouldn't mind if I never got a seat in the airline industry. General Aviation and bizjet industry are more exciting and funnier! Well... hard to find a RHS on a bizjet too, but networking is the key work.

There are a lot of experienced pilots around looking for job. Spanair and Malev collapsed recently.
In Italy there are still plenty of ex-Alitalia pilots on forlough. In Germany Cirrus Airline collapsed recently too. Air A!ps in Austria lost his AOC for two weeks or so and now flyes on a reduced route map.

I'm starting on August.

pelonsifero
29th Feb 2012, 15:48
Yeah, as I said there is nothing wrong with bizjet or GA, so what cheap school do you recommend, I am not sure that I will need ATPL since in Mexico that dosenŽt exist. Thanks

Jerry Lee
29th Feb 2012, 19:04
Well, you will need it in Europe because it is requisite almost everywhere here in Europe.
Do you want to study in Spain?
Give a look at Aerofan in Madrid, Aerodynamic in Malaga, Gestair, Aerolink Air Services near Barcelona.

This is a database of flight school that another user sent me kindly via PM.

Flight School Database - Pilot Training Directory (http://www.flightschooldb.com/)

zondaracer
29th Feb 2012, 20:33
I love Mexico!! If youŽd like to talk offline, shoot me a PM.

Jerry Lee
17th Mar 2012, 21:26
Know a few of italian guys who studied there - all quite happy.