PDA

View Full Version : Blue Island Blues

Turbo-Prop
26th Feb 2012, 09:56
the new-ish MD at Blue Islands seems to loathe pilots.

the jersey based crews were stuffed into a tiny cubbie-hole last year but at least they retained some kind of view of the apron and runway.

The guernsey crew room has been chopped in half because the MD wants an office in there.

He's taken the half with the windows so flight crews cannot see the apron, aircraft movements or the rudimentary appraisal of the weather.

He already has an office on Guernsey at the healthspan offices.

In the last year or so since he took over the company has changed dramatically from a close-knit, all-for-one-one-for-all team to a fragmented, you-watch-your-arse-and-i'll-watch-mine 'bunch'.

There are loads of stories of conditions at BI diving.

Come the revolution.......

......or rather when the market upturns.

TSR2
26th Feb 2012, 10:12
Come the revolution.......

......or rather when the market upturns.

The MD will get an even bigger office :ok:

Calmcavok
26th Feb 2012, 10:51
Your gripe is that you can't see the aircraft from the small crew room?! Blimey!

Turbo-Prop
26th Feb 2012, 11:06
I don't understand your reply.

Do you mean my point is or isn't significant?

Carving up the crew room is the latest in a string of changes at the expense of the flight crew.

LN-KGL
26th Feb 2012, 15:07
Aren't you pilots are supposed to fly, and not sit idle in the crew room. I've flown with you while you still were hopping from rock to rock with the Islander, and I am supposed to fly with you in April on a short hop from a big island to a smaller island. I hope not every pilot is more interested in staying on the ground than flying us paying passengers.

davidjohnson6
26th Feb 2012, 15:19
Europe has been been either on the edge of or in recession for the last 3 years. When the economy is doing well companies give out pay rises and improved conditions. When times are tough all the touchy feely stuff like flat hierarchy and work-life balance gets ignored.

If you think you can find better elsewhere then nobody will stop you. Otherwise most people just keep quiet and try not to be a target when management instigate a round of redundancies

Aero Mad
26th Feb 2012, 15:45
Old thread here: http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/461506-blue-islands-3.html

Older thread here: http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/210544-blue-islands-47.html

mad_jock
26th Feb 2012, 20:00
We wondered if you might be interested (or perhaps you know other J32 Pilots and Licensed Engineers who may be)?

The leasing Company has provided the following outline plan and details:

•They’ll operate 3 x J32
•Start date late May/early June 2012
•Contract duration 2-3 years
•Contractor personnel plans include 6 x Captains, including 2 x TRI/TRE plus 2 x A&C Engineers and 2 x Avionics Engineers
•They would like to secure 6 x young First Officers with low total time, provide them with a J32 type rating and offer a lower salary while the Pilots gain experience
Contract benefits will include
•Good quality apartment accommodation
•Return ticket to country of residence every three months with one month off there
•No per diem
•Domestic service from and return to xxxx
•Duty transportation to and from airport
•Max flight time of 80 hours per month
•Minimum 6 days off per 28 days while in xxxx

Would you be kind enough to reply, letting us know if this Programme might interest you please?

If you’d also forward it to you J32 industry Pilot and/or Engineer colleagues so they can get in touch with us, that would be appreciated too.

Currently on the hot list of pimps at the moment. Paying about 5k year more than BCI for LHS.

And currently no JAR sim, and one TRTO that can do aircraft type rating but they don't have an aircraft. And there are very few Jetstreams Captains out there. And realistically nobody will come onto the jetstream to get LHS especially if they have to pay for a rating.

HWY4A
28th Feb 2012, 07:06
TP, what on earth are you talking about? Conditions at BI diving?? Apparently you've got the best office on the Rock! All but one of the Tris Pilots was saved from redundancy with the Company paying for type ratings. And apparently, everyone just got a pay RISE in Jan of 4%.

Where on earth do you get your info from? Not many pilots (of the very few UK small regionals) got a pay rise for the last 3 years running. Any concept of what is going on in the big world outside your little bubble?

JennyB
29th Feb 2012, 10:48
"Any concept of what is going on in the big world outside your little bubble"

Well, he hasn't got any windows init.