PDA

View Full Version : So will there be any sponsorships this year..?

Topper187
8th Sep 2001, 04:49
Apart from BA does anyone have the lowdown on whether any of the lesser i mean smaller airlines will be offering sponsorship in the UK. And does anyone have any ideas of what to do with my life in the mean time..?

Wicked Witch
8th Sep 2001, 17:13
I'm sorry. I don't actually have the answer to your question but am sure that as soon as an advert is put in Flight that the site will hear about it!

If you REALLY want to be an Airline pilot then don't rely on a sponsorship. Few people are lucky enough to get a place, what I suggest you do with your life in the meantime is look at how you can sponsor yourself! I know it is alot of money which most of us don't have, but if it is want you really want then I am sure you can find it somehow!!!

Good Luck!!

WW

HazardWarning
8th Sep 2001, 19:43
I have heard that there will not be the usual number of sponsorships taking place this year.

bmi british midland will probably not be doing anything this year - do not require as many pilots as previously thought.

Airtours are also probably not going to do anything until their financial situation gets a little better.

Haven't heard anything about Air 2000 or British European usually run through Cabair.
Although British European were going to take a number of self sponsored cadtes from Oxford earlier this year nothing happened, they called it all off, interpret that any way you want.

I would like to offer a disclaimer that htis is all rumour though form several different sources!! :confused:

window-seat
9th Sep 2001, 14:22
Topper 187,

From your profile, it seems that you don't have your PPL. Have you done any flying? If not, perhapse you could save some money and buy some lessons! Don't wait, expecting an Airline Sponsorship to fall into your lap, cos I feel it may not happen. ;)