View Full Version : Airmed International School of Aviation

Tino
19th Dec 2000, 18:10
first off all, my apologies for not writing in Spanish.

In February, I will commence training for my ATPL/CPL licence at Airmed Valencia, through the European Aviation Agency who selects students from the Netherlands and Belgium to train at Airmed.
Can anyone give me some more information/tips/experiences about Airmed.
I've heard good things about them, but it seems that there are a lot of schools in Spain (Adventia,Aero Madrid,Aerotec?)
Thanks in advance,
and I will of course learn Spanish, courses are however in English.

Secret Squirrel
19th Dec 2000, 18:48
Hi Tino.

I used to live in Valencia; lived there for five years, got married there,etc.etc. When I embarked on my aviation adventure I looked into the various flying schools in Valencia.

Without wanting to cast a shadow over your forthcoming adventure I will just say that if you are parting with any money (i.e. part or self sponsored) do some research and in any case make sure you get some guarantees. A couple of years ago a Valencian flying school was in the papers over a scandal which left many students who had paid a lot of money for their training, high and dry.

I can't remember the name of the 'academy' off the top of my head but if you know any spanish I'm sure you could download old newspaper articles.

Having said this, I'm sure that the EAA have done some homework and if they are putting any of their own money on the line you should be pretty safe.

On a much cheerier note you will find Valencia a great place to fly and live. Although I have never physically flown there myself the terrain is interesting and the weather is very favourable most of the year round. The night life is excellent and the girls are stunningly bronzed with a hint of arabic in their genes. The people are friendly but the 'Manana Syndrome' may get to you at times. My advice is not to let this get you down; adopt the 'Manana Attitude' yourself and you will find life very relaxing.

They are in the process of renovating the city center to it's former medieval glory and it is a sheer joy to walk around now.

It gets blisteringly hot and humid in the summer. The beaches around Valencia are not much cop but if you go 50 - 100kms south towards Javea and Altea and as far as Alicante, the coast is littered with crystaline sandy beaches and the holiday atmosphere amoung the locals is clearly felt.

If you are young, free and single the club scene's great. Ibiza is but a short boat ride away or a quick fly away.

I envy you much and wish you all the best. Please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

SS

------------------
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam up my clothes!

Tino
27th Jan 2001, 03:39
Anyone else some experiences with Airmed or tips about living in Valencia (Manises)?!

wince
28th Jan 2001, 16:18
They send a nice video when you request info....they still don't tell you things like how many hours do you fly total or how long the course is.....