PDA

View Full Version : 777-300ER vs 772

EmadIV
23rd Feb 2012, 11:19
Hey guys,
I've posted another thread similar to this one (sorry) regarding the 787 vs A380, but I'm just wondering whether Boeing enhanced the 777-300ER's cabin quietness when compared to the classic 777s. I have flown on the 772 many times, but never the 77W.
Thanks.

WHBM
23rd Feb 2012, 13:29
I've never had an explanation about why the 777's cabin is so noisy inside comared to other types (Airbus in particular). It's even a step back from the 747, despite advances in technology over time and half the number of engines. I presume the reason is known to Boeing, but can anyone give a pointer. Is it engine, airflow, air con ?

EmadIV
23rd Feb 2012, 14:36
The way I understand it Airbus installs better and quieter air conditioning as well as a more efficient airflow. I have to agree with you, since after flying the A330 for the first time, I noticed the much quieter cabin.
It could be that the soundproofing is better, since the A330's engines (particularly the CF6s and PW4000s) sound louder than the GE90s from the exterior, whereas the GE90 is slightly louder from the cabin.

TightSlot
24th Feb 2012, 09:04
EmadIV - You seem to have some sort of fixation with cabin noise as expressed in multiple posts on multiple threads. Single issue PPRuNe users are usually suspect. In this case your habit of stating subjective opinion as fact Only adds to the irritation levels.

I'm sure that somewhere out there on the Internet there will be a forum where enthusiasts discuss perceived noise levels of aircraft that they have not flown on. Please find it and use it.