PDA

View Full Version : JQ Base Freeze DRW

Ratherbefishintoday
22nd Feb 2012, 01:30
Jetstar has advertised a base freeze in Darwin for 3 years for captains.

The 3 years starts from check to line. Rumor has it that training for these positions will not start until the end of 2012, therefore pilots that take these positions will be unable to leave or bid on other positions until 2016 or possibly 2017 (depending on when the next allocation is advertised after the freeze is concluded)

Good luck to anyone taking these BS positions!!:sad:

The Bunglerat
22nd Feb 2012, 21:06
Unless someone's putting a gun to your head & forcing you to take it, what's the big deal? As I have been told numerous times at my airline: Only bid for what you are prepared to accept. If you don't want it, don't put your hand up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for advancement in the workplace, but I recently turned my back on a command opportunity, because I wasn't prepared to commute or to uproot my family from our home & everything we enjoy about our lifestyle, just for the sake of a command. If I have to wait a few more years for an opportunity to present itself in my home base, so be it. It's taken me a long time to get this far, a few more years won't kill me. One thing's for sure though, I won't be lying on my deathbed wishing I'd spent more time in the cockpit.

neville_nobody
22nd Feb 2012, 22:06
Problem is if there is no strict seniority then it can degenerate into a situation where the only way to get a command is to move to DRW. Company knows noone wants to live there (or can afford to) so they start forcing commands through DRW and blocking people from getting upgrades in the major cities.

waren9
22nd Feb 2012, 22:27
...if there is no strict seniority...

There isn't.

leffe
23rd Feb 2012, 02:31
Unless someone's putting a gun to your head & forcing you to take it, what's the big deal? As I have been told numerous times at my airline: Only bid for what you are prepared to accept. If you don't want it, don't put your hand up.

Well said Bunglerat...:D:D:D

I'm with you also:ok::ok:

Jetstarpilot
23rd Feb 2012, 07:03
Well done JPC:D Finally got some kahunas to stand up to the mighty sky gods... Do the hard yards like the rest of us jocks then take a plum possie down south...

Such a sence of self importents and intitlements:=
:yuk:

hotnhigh
23rd Feb 2012, 07:17
Hey Jetstarpilot, 10+ years in the 'jetstar group' for darwin command.
Hard yards indeed.
Bwahhhaaaaaaahaaa.:D

Mister Warning
23rd Feb 2012, 07:25
Such a sence of self importents and intitlements

Wow - every word over 4 letters long misspelled. Jestar :*

Stalins ugly Brother
23rd Feb 2012, 07:51
Jetstarpilot,

With comments like that i'm sure 95% of colleagues must cringe at your posts!

You must be a bag of laughes to fly with, I guess you are living proof

psych tests do actually work............... :rolleyes:

Ratherbefishintoday
23rd Feb 2012, 08:22
If the MOU pilots do move across to JQ for the base frozen positions, they will be required to return to the mother ship (IF a position is available) or resign from QF (kiss your redundancy payout goodbye) PRIOR to the conclusion of the freeze. LWOP from QF is 3 years.
What a position to be in, the thumb screws are being applied and guess who comes out smelling like roses, the little irish fella. :ouch:

Back Seat Driver
23rd Feb 2012, 08:44
Jetstarpilot, somebody has secretly rearranged the keys on your keyboard, because nobody who has graduated year 6 Primary could be that stupid.
Keep doing the 'Hard Yards' dude, you obviously need the practice.

adsyj
23rd Feb 2012, 09:01
Is he drunk????

allthecoolnamesarego
23rd Feb 2012, 09:27
Those 16 year old cadets can't be expected to spell correctly. He probably hasn't finished school yet!