PDA

View Full Version : California Falcon Aviation

aircupidon
21st Feb 2012, 17:08
Anybody Got infos Regarding this company mentioned above?they recruiting for lion air,and offer 500h line training plus 24 months contract for USD 4K to 4,8K depending on hours flown.Program cost 29k
any suggestions will be welcome

LeeluDallas
22nd Feb 2012, 12:48
It's strange that the company is the same as EJ (Lion Air) but the salary is different... I was also trying to find something about it, but didn't find much, so anything posted here will be welcome!

aircupidon
22nd Feb 2012, 13:22
Yea kind of...:confused:probably everybody got an equal salary and depending on how much hours you end up flying at the end of the months u could end up with 4k?but its still a lot....for lion air,remember this is indonesia..that was the main reason with garuda pilots:unequal salary!!!!
and how it would be a scam if they have a lionair email adress?who got lion email so we can ask to see if this **** is real or fake.
All i got to say is if its true,its going to be cheaper than eagle jet and quicker,since the waiting time is not that much!!!

LeeluDallas
22nd Feb 2012, 16:48
I think waiting time will be the same, take into account that there are lots of F/Os wanting to enter but only few check captains to give them training. I'm about to start the 737TR to enroll in one of those 2 Line Training programs (EJ or CFA) but i'm worried about both of them.

aircupidon
22nd Feb 2012, 18:03
did you get in touch with one of them?even if there is a line of wanabees F.O,eagle jet and Cafalcon both have agreement with lion air to provide pilot, and Since Cafalcon have entry every 3 Months,things may happen fast.
Msd aviation provide at least 8 to 10 FO to lion air every months:E so why not the others?

737max
22nd Feb 2012, 20:42
aircupidon, Im not being rude chap but don't you think you should read the program requirements first before you start posting questions on this forum?...

The minimum age for this program is 23 years old and on your profile you are 21.

:ugh:

bureaufly
26th Feb 2012, 16:05
I've been reading a lot about EJ but nothing about CFA !! who is this guy ?? saw the website but found no history !! how can i thrust this people giving them my money ?? talking with some guys already in the program with EJ in Jakarta they don't know anything about CFA, only MSD and EJ!!
Anyone can provide some reference ??
Tanks

Gomrath
26th Feb 2012, 18:36
See this:
Maybe the same outfit
California Falcon Aviation, Inc. - Florida Company Profile (People Search and Company Search) (http://www.florida-annual-report.com/california-falcon-aviation-inc.html)

737-NG
26th Feb 2012, 18:50
Sorry to say this, but you guys are really pathetic.
Talking about this subject under "interviews, jobs & sponsorship" are you aware you'd be making more money and be less in debt driving a bus instead of pretending to be an airbus "pilot"? If you really wanna sit up front, just buy a first class ticket, and you might get a tour of the cockpit, plus the FA will be really nice to you, and nobody will put any responsabilties on you for missing an approach. Unbelievable.

Move On
29th Feb 2012, 08:17
737 NG...If the guys on here are "pathetic" then report it to the "moderator"....

Moving along...

There's nothing wrong "maverickFL390" that there is a Miami base. There are alot of operators there. Such as....Boeing Alteon, Panam , Aerostar, eagle jet, California falcon aviation (also L.A), ATP flight training school etc etc. It is a hub!

Now, I personally spoke to A.M. He is the real deal.:ok:

Lion Air is awake and in full swing.

As I have mentioned in my previous post's, these operators have a place in the aviation industry.

You have the baby boomers and X generation with old school ways and the Y generation who will pay to get ahead and progress. "It's just different".

If you come on this thread with your smart a.se comments, at least back it up with facts from a reliable source. My reliable source is I spoke directly to A.M and Lion Air....whats yours???? PPR>Ne threads....

Keep in mind....there is 3 BILLION people living in the Asian part of the WORLD!!!!

Keep your western frame of minds at bay and understand that things don't work the same in your neck of the woods.

CFA is on the go.....

Pistonking
24th Apr 2012, 15:44
Has anyone had any experience of going through the Lionair program with California Falcon Aviation ?

AlexanderH
8th May 2012, 14:55
California Falcon Aviation is legitimate. They are a sort of subsidary, if you will, of Lion Air. This is the reason for it being slightly cheaper than EagleJet and definitely more attractive with a 2 year employment deal as opposed to a 4 year contract.

josemarb
31st May 2012, 11:39
Does anybody has information about this program for Lion Air as a FO?

Any info about the contract?

Thanks

PPfly
31st May 2012, 12:06
One month ago, I sent them an e-mail on both e-mail adress, but no answer.

Fed1998
7th Jun 2012, 03:56
You need to insist!

AlexanderH
8th Jun 2012, 11:23
Yeah you need to be quite pushy with CFA.

JS-A
20th Jun 2012, 20:22
Just checked the link that Gomrath posted:

California Falcon Aviation, Inc. - Florida Company Profile (People Search and Company Search) (http://www.florida-annual-report.com/california-falcon-aviation-inc.html)

Anybody knows if they are still operating/working with Lion Air... it's says "Voluntary dissolution" in the last update...

IRS ALIGN
21st Jun 2012, 09:30
Try doing the same search for companies in California. The clue is in the name.

Business Search - Business Entities - Business Programs (http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/cbs.aspx)

:ugh:

And before the accusations come flying in - no, I don't work for them.

AlexanderH
22nd Jun 2012, 09:06
Guys just ask the TRTOs as to if they have sent pilots through the CFA program and you'll find that they have sent a good few already.

IRS ALIGN
22nd Jun 2012, 09:44
I know of a few pilots who have gone through California Falcon Aviation without any complaint so far.

FlyingDumbells
24th Jun 2012, 13:56
Would be interesting to hear about some first hand experience...

AlexanderH
25th Jun 2012, 14:14
I doubt you will hear any first hand accounts on here. I believe all pilots who go through those programs have signed non-disclosure agreements.

ROO-C26B
27th Jun 2012, 03:44
Hi All,

I am interested in the Captain program,

Could any one out there presently undergo this program kind enough to share some insight about Lion Air training?

Also those who are in the know the failure rate for this program?

Much appreciate any information.

AlexanderH
9th Aug 2012, 19:56
Check out the new intro. Oooo yeah. Lol.

California Falcon Aviation (http://www.cafalconaviation.com/)

jojo737
19th Aug 2012, 07:35
Hi ,
I am also interested to know if you got any information about this captain program .
Let me know if you heard something .

Thank you

Fed1998
28th Aug 2012, 13:31
Dear LeeluDallas ,

Have you already begun the line training?
Thanks for your answer!

AlexanderH
13th Sep 2012, 07:42
Their website is constantly being updated and looks better than it did previously.

The intro music keeps changing though much to my annoyance.

Johnny Bekkestad
13th Sep 2012, 08:03
I am not going to talk about what i think of P2F, but i looked at their website and saw numerous spelling errors and bad phraseology, makes me think if this is legit.
Looks like the Chinese and Nigeria letters (translated with google translate)...

AlexanderH
14th Sep 2012, 13:43
Honestly, they are legit.

There are a number of TRTOs sending their students to them.

737RIDE
1st Oct 2012, 09:09
I know of a few pilots who have gone through California Falcon Aviation

without any complaint so far.

Well i know another bunch of guys ( like those 9 that didn't pass the check ) that are not so happy ( expecially becouse they did pay upfront )... or the other bunch that pass and after months doing nothing here and walking in the streets of jakarta didn't start line training yet... people here in jakarta from 8 months .. no start yet...

IRS ALIGN
2nd Oct 2012, 10:38
You pay a an initial payment of US$5000 and you lose this if you fail your assessment.

I have heard the assessment is tough but many pilots just turn up and don't put enough work in or fail due to the low number of hours and poor training from their TRTO.

If you pass your assessment then you pay the remaining line training fee.

There is an average wait of 2 months before you start actually flying. In this time 2 training sessions, your simulator assessment, your medical and all other paperwork to get you flying is arranged.

cirrus_
2nd Oct 2012, 13:26
ah good luck to all those who go for this, I self funded a TR to go on this with Falcon, but failed the sim assesment, and there are no second chances.

if your not up to scratch they take no pitty on you, nor do they care about the money you have spent to get this far.

they really do put you through your paces in the sim, be prepared.

despite what you read on here, Lion do have very high standards and its not a job you can just walk in to.

Babicha
2nd Oct 2012, 15:00
Cirrus
You join them right after your type rating?
How many sim session did you go thru when you reach jakarta with falcon aviation?
I know it cost a lot of money specially when your not a jaa license holder!!
9 people out of 10 all fail the last month batch.

cirrus_
2nd Oct 2012, 17:43
yes pretty much straight after type rating, this was the intial sim assesment in Jakarta, I had got past the JAA check ride in Miami but only after 3 extra sessions.

in Jakarta the instruction was poor and I personally felt things were very unclear which led to mistake after mistake, I left the sim furious.

however it is a saftey issue and I do respect Lion air for that, fortunatley I was able to find something else, but the real message here is no the aircraft systems inside out, and be quick with pre-flight etc etc these people will not baby sit folk

Babicha
3rd Oct 2012, 01:51
I had got past the JAA check ride in Miami but only after 3 extra sessions.

what do you mean by 3 extra sessions? upon signing the contract you go thru 4 training Sim of 4 hours each and another 4h for the lion check,its almost like doing a new type rating!so y that much of failures?
when you get there how long you had to wait before going for sim training?
was that after ground school or before?
after you fail how long have u waited before flying,what is the waiting time lets say if you get there and pass everything @first attempt
Thanks

ROO-C26B
3rd Oct 2012, 10:05
Cirrus and IRS Align

Could I ask are you guys going through CFA as a FO or Captain? Do you start training and assessment straight away or do you have to wait a month after you show up the first day?

Cheers

IRS ALIGN
3rd Oct 2012, 10:13
All the information I have received is from fellow pilots that I know who have completed 500 hours with Lion Air through Eaglejet or CFA and are either now employed with them or have been employed with them and moved on to find employment with other, larger carriers.

They have told me that there is a delay of one to two months when they arrive there due to paperwork and bureaucracy etc. which can be frustrating. The feedback I have been given is that the organisation isn't great but they did say though that when you start flying you really do build up hours quickly which is why you're out there in the first place.

In two years they have been able to unfreeze their licenses and move on. They all went through the FO program.

737RIDE
4th Oct 2012, 00:33
Hi IRS, i'm sorry but your info are not totally correct,

If you pass your assessment then you pay the remaining line training
fee.

as far as i saw everione payd upfront, after you fail you get more or less 70% your money back after months , plus travel, leaving etc etc you loose about 10000 and more dollars.

There is an average wait of 2 months before you start actually flying,

Sorry but this is totally incorrect... the lukyest one i knew started after 5 months, i know people that is now waiting 8 months... average 6 ( JAA HOLDERS )

737RIDE
4th Oct 2012, 00:51
hi babicha

How many sim session did you go thru when you reach jakarta with falcon
aviation?

Eaglejet (more expensive ) gives you 2 extra 8 hours session with JTC in Jakarta , not really lion sops and very poor uman skills.. their instructor was just fired for that reason, Guys from CFA didn't get those so when the situation became hot they bouth extra session but was too late ...

9 people out of 10 all fail the last month batch.

True, the standard is becomeing higher months after months becouse there is no shortage of first officer anymore, providers makes money anyway.... ( 7000 times 9 failed guys is really good money considered you just have to write some email and wait for the money transfer )

737RIDE
4th Oct 2012, 01:10
Dear IRS

i'm sure your info is acuurate, maybe we just hav a different way to look at this things,
anyway, CFA started is "business" at the beginning of this year, so looks odd they compleete the 500 and employed in another "larger Carrier",
i can tell you what i see around me.... some guys did manage to jump ... like two in Norwegian ( they were locals with fluent language and with more than 2500 o type ) another one in hongkong expr. , but its just a few% of the expats pailots , i can tell you what i see around me , guys with 2/3000 on type applying on any agency or airline ( even the crapy ones ) and not getting any answer so far afthe 8 month and moore..
and even if you get it you can not give any referencies, becouse youre afraid to be fired when the management find out... and anyway, you will never get a free week to go in flydubay and do their 5 days assestement.....
Really Sorry to disappoint you

All the information I have received is from fellow pilots that I know who have
completed 500 hours with Lion Air through Eaglejet or CFA and are either now
employed with them or have been employed with them and moved on to find
employment with other, larger carriers.

Babicha
4th Oct 2012, 13:32
It seems that the price has increase from USD $29500 to $34,500 and this without base training fees!
there is no more 2 years contract,only 4 years!
waiting time when you get to Jakarta 6 months:E

IRS ALIGN
5th Oct 2012, 13:09
You say it is not true that there is a wait of 2 months once you arrive in Indonesia and it is in fact 8 months?

It seems all of the people who have given me first hand accounts of being at Lion must be lying to me when they say they were waiting for 2 months.

I agree with you that the pilots I have heard from who got into Lion Air through CFA are still on the program as CFA have not been around for that long but I do know of many Eaglejet pilots who have moved on from Lion Air who have now found gainful employment with other airlines. Unless...maybe they've lied to me too.

I think the wait after application to the line training program varies depending on which TRTO you completed your type rating on but the wait once you arrive in Jakarta is fairly standard.

737RIDE
12th Oct 2012, 03:15
You say it is not true that there is a wait of 2 months once you arrive in
Indonesia and it is in fact 8 months?

Dear, in 2 months you might go for the Checkride, if you pass it will take not less than other 3 months for visa application in Singapore, working permit issue and license verification, if your autority is good and at liontower your file does not get lost youll start line training in 5/6 months, if your autority is crap or your paper work is not perfect for any reason you might wait 8 months .....

It seems all of the people who have given me first hand accounts of being at
Lion must be lying to me when they say they were waiting for 2 months.

I hope the people you're talking to are not just pprune or any other forum friends, you should know that there are many people under fake names in many forums like this one that works directly for training providers or agencyes , they promote programs with any kind of BS and happy ending stories about P2F just to get the week one that beleives it....

Eaglejet pilots who have moved on from Lion Air who have now found gainful
employment with other airlines

This is partially true, expecially in the past years, but the situation is getting worst very quikly i'm afraid... i know people as well , many peoeple that is still here dreaming , i know one guy that left lion after a mental breakdown and now is home jobless.... i know at least other two FO fired becouse of a tailstraik(2012 they were pilot monitoring and now jobless)
i personally know a guy tha left lion in December and is now in NAS
onother last mont in air Hong kong

Last week a turkish airline asked me 15000 $ to line training again in a AirPlane i have more than 2000 hours and current !!!

I can tell more stories if you want....

Don' be shy My friend , i just write my story , i think people in this forum have the Right to read every story and then beleive whatever they want to beleive......

have a nice day

pursang
22nd Mar 2014, 11:02
Dear move on, you writed this:
"Now, I personally spoke to A.M. He is the real deal."

Please said me which is this dealer, if you prefer send by a private mail not hesitate.