PDA

View Full Version : R66 Training in UK/Europe

mickerick2
20th Feb 2012, 16:00
hi,

Is it possible to do R66 training /familiarisation in the UK ?

I have a R66 arriving soon,

I hold a FAA rotary certificate, plenty of time on turbines and Robinsons R44's

Is there a FAA Instructor willing and suitably qualified in UK or Europe

thanks in advance.

Hughes500
20th Feb 2012, 17:23
you're brave :eek:

Practice Auto 3,2,1
20th Feb 2012, 17:33
I'd try Heli Air or Sloanes. Both bring the 66's into the UK so either or both should have suitably qualified people that can help you.

helihub
20th Feb 2012, 19:02
Those are the only two UK options, and I'm sure they will have trained up some of their existing customers. There are now seven R66s in the UK, including one demonstrator with each of these two companies. All are on the N register.

If it's Europe you are interested in, then I'm aware of one N reg R66 in France, and an un-registered example in Germany currently parked up patiently awaiting the EASA approval.

Are there any others in Europe?

krypton_john
20th Feb 2012, 19:16
Your vendor does not offer a conversion training package? I wouldn't expect much from their maintenance department then.

xtremalsound
20th Feb 2012, 20:18
There is another one in Spain.

aengus
21st Feb 2012, 00:09
Try Q

Helicopter Training Denham - Learn to Fly Helicopters - HQ Aviation (http://www.hqaviationltd.com/)

Hedski
23rd Feb 2012, 22:16
M2, PM sent.

H

chevvron
24th Feb 2012, 09:11
Possibly Fairoaks in the near future.

ka26
29th May 2013, 08:22
Hello everybody,

I am a JAA CPL(H) pilot. Who can tell me where can I get my R66 rating around Europe or elsewhere (excluding USA)? Is it possible to put the rating on the JAA license?

Thank you. Your help will be highly appreciated.

USL-Toad
29th May 2013, 08:29
Don't believe you can put a type rating on license for a type not certified in Europe.

Plus nobody can give you an EASA type rating for the R66 yet.

helimo
29th May 2013, 21:13
The one in Spain could be at Intercopters in Madrid.

MartinCh
30th May 2013, 08:54
Nisa Air FTO (Czech Republic, near-ish the capital Prague) and RHC products dealer should have finished assembling R66 delivered earlier in May. It'd be on N-reg for the time being. They are also Part 145 approved mx/service centre for about two thirds of the Robinson fleet in country, so have skilled engineering/technician staff to put one together and been previously trained on it.

The manager mentioned to me (when I asked few details, not working/flying with/for them myself) that few Czech pilots actually went to UK to try the 66 out. Obviously current 44 owners thinking of upgrading or wannabe 66 owners.

The whole process has been ridiculously delayed. I'm not fan of rushing/bribing certification process in FAA world and 'not mimicked' elsewhere, but the NRV and redundancy on the light heli etc, even with recent talks of ELOS being worked on.

Yet the S92 is in the fleet all over the world with the Newfoundland crash as very real reality check of :mad: ups on the certification level. R66 which is still reasonably controllable HYD off just like lil' brother R44.

HillerBee
29th Aug 2014, 21:24
Does anybody know ATO's for the R66 typerating?

VP-F__
29th Aug 2014, 21:42
Possibly Heliflight at Gloucester

tu154
30th Aug 2014, 15:16
HeliAir for sure. Sloane probably. One of the HeliAir instructors is also an FAA instructor, has been flying them since they arrived in the UK and will be one of the most experienced on type in Europe at this stage.
(I have no connection with either).

Flying Lawyer
8th Sep 2014, 12:51
This thread began in February 2012 so the information provided in a number of posts has been superceded.

EASA issued a type certificate for the R66 on the 30th April 2014.

I have no connection whatsoever with Heli Air - and would not wish anyone to think that I do.
(Nor do I have any connection with Sloane.)

FL