PDA

View Full Version : Sinsulin & High Blood Sugar

Babablackship
20th Feb 2012, 15:30
I recently had a blood sugar reading or 5.9, looking quite bad above the upper range figure of 5.4. My GP put me through the glucose tolerance test ( GTT ) and the results were within the normal range. I onder if many others have the same condition.

I heard of a product called Sinsulin which can help reduce blood sugar readings; has anyone have any experience with this DIY health supplement? Thanks.

morticiaskeeper
20th Feb 2012, 17:24
I'm a Type 2 diabetic. 5.9 for an hba1c test - the test that looks at an average over past weeks, is very good. My clinic always aims to get me below 7, 5.9 was my last and they're delighted.

An instant reading, taken from a fingertip test, has ranged in the past from 2 to 14! Once again, 5 to 7 is fine. I have heard of people seeing readings up in the 20's.

I don't even bother with instant readings these days, I can feel if I go below 5 or above 6, it probably only happens twice a year, and is always related to me doing something wrong, pigging out with out enough activity or not eating when I should.

As you say yourself, this stuff can help reduce readings, reducing readings when they're not a problem isn't the way to go about it. If you really want to reduce the numbers, just be mindful of what you eat, eat at regular times, coupled with regular activity. So called "Diabetic" food tends to replace the sugars with Sorbitol, which just makes you s##t when you eat too much. Mind you, the diabetic ice cream from Morrisons is devine :-)

homonculus
20th Feb 2012, 21:04
The blood sugar must be taken starving ie no food or sugar containing drinks for six hours and ideally an early morning reading

Even then 5.9 is within the range of error so if your urine has no sugar I would argue you are fine but should still aim to eliminate over weight and cut sugars in your diet

No need for drugs or worry but talk to your GP

gingernut
21st Feb 2012, 20:45
We're constanly refining the levels that we use to define diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension and kidney disease.

Usually, although it ends up in "labelling" people, who are actually quite healthy, it works out quite well, as most people tend to change their habit's once we bring them into the threshold of "illness."

bakutteh
21st Feb 2012, 21:10
I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but aren't we seeing too many revisions to what are the acceptable levels of blood sugar, cholesterol, b/p, uric acid over the past few decades? Granted that advances in medical science will call for such revisions but I can't help but notice the huge profits made in the pharmaceutical industry come with the ever increasing prescription of drugs to counter these conditions whenever such revisions are made.

I have some family members in medical research who opined that one have to be very careful about cholesterol reduction; the upsurge in Alzheimer cases and increasing incidences of neural atrophy comes to mind.

The AMEs in some places like China,Taiwan, Korea and Japan willl jump at any chance add more conservtive figures to their already ridiculous space-person type medicals; the power they wield increases everyday with such revisions.

White Knight
25th Feb 2012, 21:19
The AMEs in some places like China,Taiwan, Korea and Japan willl jump at any chance add more conservtive figures to their already ridiculous space-person type medicals; the power they wield increases everyday with such revisions.

And the AMEs are usually the fat **************s

gingernut
25th Feb 2012, 21:41
I have some family members in medical research who opined that one have to be very careful about cholesterol reduction; the upsurge in Alzheimer cases and increasing incidences of neural atrophy comes to mind.

Good to look at the bigger picture though.

Parallax Error
28th Feb 2012, 18:42
Gingernut,
I have had a couple of issues with higher than normal blood sugars. My AME told me that should it continue and I need to use tablets to reduce it I could still fly single pilot ops.
If it comes to that what will the CAA require from me or my GP or will it just be a case of letting them know what pills I'm using and dosage but I can carry on as normal?

Shawn Coyle
5th Mar 2012, 23:10
Paleo diet works wonders for blood sugars. Avoid carbs like the plague as well. Juice fasting is great also.