PDA

View Full Version : Should I choose Flight School?

fawwaz1122
19th Feb 2012, 18:34
Hi I'm Fawwaz and completely new to this forum. I'm 17 years of age and currently in 6th form (1st year) doing my AS-Levels.

I am really interested in being a pilot. I just love it. I've never been so interested in something. I am not very well off so iI can't just self sponsor into flight school. Do you guys think that the British Airways Future Flight Program (BA FPP) will continue.

I really want to apply to one of these airline programmes so I can be funded and be guaranteed a job as a First Officer afterwards. Also I want to know if you think I would have a chance.

For my GCSE's I got 6As in Religious Education, Triple science, English language and literature, 2A*s in Maths & Spanish and a C in Music.

I go to a 6th form called Bancroft's school. I am on a scholarship and am doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics. I intend to continue doing these for A-Levels.

For a student like me, the application process is during September and if I remember correctly, I read that the BA FPP application process was during September in 2011. Can I apply with just AS levels and predicted grades for my AS Levels.

DO YOU THINK I HAVE A CHANCE?

I am serious about this and am not an idiot. I had to do a shed load of research just to find this forum so please advise as much as you can.

MY GOAL IS TO BECOME AN AIRLINE PILOT!

average-punter
19th Feb 2012, 19:30
I don't think any airline scheme guarantees you a job afterwards... of course your chances are far greater.

I think the BA FPP will run again as the risk is taken by the student and not BA. I also remember them wanting the actual grades but could be mistaken by that. (Pretty sure someone asked that on the FPP thread a few weeks ago).

Get a job and start saving. Go and visit potential schools to see what you think

Nice results by the way :ok:

Buena suerte

Halfwayback
19th Feb 2012, 19:45
Fawwaz
Welcome to Pprune! You will find lots of people here willing to help you but they do expect you to do some research yourself.

As a Moderator I would expect you to read the 'stickies' at the top of the page and spend some time exploring the forum before posting questions that have been asked - and answered - many time before.

Could I ask you to do a bit more research and then let me know by private message and I will re-open the thread.

HWB