PDA

View Full Version : CTC wings or FTE Jerez?

imran_x66
18th Feb 2012, 20:26
Hi guys, I am looking to start my ab-initio training within the next 6 months. Since I don't qualify for a airline cadet programme due to citizenship restrictions, I will be doing self sponsored training. I have shortlisted CTC wings and FTE Jerez.
Now, I would like to know which one is more value for money and with which one will I have a better chance of employment? To be honest, I will prefer to work in middle east. Your advice will be appreciated.Thanks

nabanoba
19th Feb 2012, 04:54
When you first graduate as a pilot you don't really have a choice of where you work. You have to take whatever is on offer to build your hours. So whilst it may be possible to work in your preferred location, you would be fortunate to do so.

At the moment CTC has a better record for pilot placement. Whether that will be the case when you graduate, who knows?

imran_x66
19th Feb 2012, 17:55
Thank you for you reply. i am going to attend on of their open days in march. Lets see what happens

jmparis
29th Feb 2012, 13:05
At the moment CTC has a better record for pilot placement. Whether that will be the case when you graduate, who knows?

@nabanoba Where did you get the information about the CTC pilot placement record?

ArabianHawk
20th Mar 2012, 13:52
:rolleyes:
I don't think CTC Wings can offer the integrated ATPL (A) any more !

check this and download the PDF.
Standards Document 31 Version 106: Organisations Conducting CAA and JAR-FCL Approved Courses of Flight and Ground Training - Interim Document | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=2854)

pipersam
21st Mar 2012, 04:24
An Integrated ATPL includes an MCC (Multicrew Cooperation Course) which is what the likes of Oxford provide.

CTC provide their own unique AQC (Airline Qualification Course) with multi crew endoursement instead which they say is more relevant and better prepares you for the airline world. Because of this they are allowed to provide an integrated CPL/IR course, but you still end up with an ATPL license once you get your 1500 hours.

springbok449
21st Mar 2012, 06:52
Hi Imran,

If as you say you can't apply for cadetship/sponsorship because of what you call citizenship restrictions then it is also more than likely that you won't qualify for a placing with CTC as most and I do say most and not all the airlines that CTC have "partnerships" with for cadet placements would have the same citizenship restrictions as the sponsoring airlines you mention above.

Just something you need to look into when fore spending your money.

Good luck.

imran_x66
22nd Mar 2012, 20:00
Thank you for you advice springbok 449
Well what i meant by citizenship restriction is that I do not have the unrestricted right to live and work in UK.

I went to CTC open day last week and spoke to their selection team. Well, I was really disappointed with the response. The lady said if I don't have the unrestricted right to live and work in UK, they will not be able to assist me anyway in finding an employment. I asked her about the middle east and far eastern airline, but she say they are not their partner airlines and if any opportunity arises in those carries, they will give more importance to the people in their cadet programme.

Mr Boombastick
22nd Mar 2012, 20:15
At least she was honest!!