PDA

View Full Version : Log Book hours - Canada/USA

resident
17th Feb 2012, 15:54
Good day,

I will be graduating from a Transport Canada recognized institution soon. If I find employment in the States, will my hours/tasks count towards my Canadian license?

Dwayne

Connaught
21st Feb 2012, 01:43
dwayne,

from memory (it has been a while) yes they do, as long as the work is certified by a guy that hold a valid license for the work

ie you do the work, the licensed individual certifies in the aircraft logbooks, that licensed individual then also certifies your logbook for doing the work,

from memory there is a section at the front that he needs to fill in, kind of a signature register with his details, name, license number etc

i have done this in the past with australians certifying my log book and had no problems

Shanemclennon
23rd Feb 2012, 12:49
Just had a quick read over CAR's Chapter 566 and it looks like to get approved for your foreign work it's a case by case basis in which you have to submit a letter to the minister. Have a read in CAR's but I suggest your best plan of action is to go to your local Transport Canada Aviation office and get their opinion. CAR's has all kinds of fun grey areas in it so check out what the local TC guys say about it.