PDA

View Full Version : ATR72-Type rating where to do it?

matalice
17th Feb 2012, 00:12
Dear fellow pilots

Im looking to do a Type Rating on the ATR 72 can anyone recomend a training organization where I could do this rating please?

Many thanks:ok:

magicmick
17th Feb 2012, 06:49
Hi, I’ve never been to either place but you could try Skyblue in Exeter or Aer Arann in Ireland. I think that Skyblue are slightly cheaper and I have read a lot of positive comments about them on PPRUNE.

Flying Beancounter
17th Feb 2012, 12:01
I did my ATR rating with Skyblue and was very happy with the whole experience. Their trainers and examiner were very experienced and professional and the cost was the best at the time.
Skyblue are a TRTO so they do not promise jobs or line training etc, etc. (unless things have changed recently). However, they are very well respected and also very well connected. This did help when getting an ATR job.
Have a look at their website or give them a call as that will give you the latest details, costs, etc

matalice
17th Feb 2012, 12:05
Thank you magicmick :ok:

I'm actually familiar with those two already but wanted to find more.

if anyone know of others FTO that provide ATR72 training out there please reply

Cheers!
:)

magicmick
17th Feb 2012, 12:58
Hi matalice, in that case you might want to try Farnair in Switzerland. They are expensive but I believe their price includes 400hrs/ 12 months (whichever happens first) flying on their freight ATRs. During the flying time I believe you get paid 2000 euros per month, not sure what the cost of living is like over there but you might be able to get by with accommodation and food after paying taxes etc.

zeeri linda
2nd Apr 2012, 07:15
Hi, I am looking for a sim partner for the rating of ATR 72. If you are interested then let me know. I would be doing fron GTA, Spain.

downwind24
2nd Apr 2012, 09:58
Does anyone have experience of the TR and LT with Farnair? I understand that the LT is carried out on the ATR 42 , would this have much impact when trying to gain employment with ATR 72 operators?

Dofi27
2nd Apr 2012, 13:50
How stupid is pay a type rating of a plane that is not using a lot companies? Why do you try to get a more useful plane like 737 or a320? Think about it

IRISHPILOT
3rd Apr 2012, 23:01
CSA. good luck.