PDA

View Full Version : Career Advice please

loveman
16th Feb 2012, 20:57
Fisrt time poster so please be gentle.
I am currently at a crossroads in my current career and recently considered a career change to that of a pilot. I have read countless posts on this website which have already offered great advice on costs, challenges etc but what i really need is the answer to the following question(s)

firstly - at 31 am i too old to start the training and thus change my career. I have done a few lessons but understand in the grand scheme of things this means nothing.

Secondly - realistically what is the minimum length of time it would take to start earning a living from flying?

Many thanks for all advice given

Genghis the Engineer
16th Feb 2012, 21:11
Please old chap, use the search function. There are numerous existing threads on every question you've asked.

G

loveman
16th Feb 2012, 21:23
i have been searching but obviously not well enough.

i will have another look

thanks

redsnail
16th Feb 2012, 21:34
PPRuNe search isn't brilliant, but you can use Google search with "PPRuNe" in the search terms and whatever else you're looking for.
Actually, I've just been advised you put in "site: pprune.org" and the search terms. :ok: (with no spaces)

pudoc
16th Feb 2012, 23:01
loveman,

Go here and if you scroll down there's a small list of threads relating to age and training.

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/131649-archive-reference-threads-posting-guidelines-read-before-you-post-question.html