PDA

View Full Version : JAA to HKCAD

schweizer2
16th Feb 2012, 06:50
Hello,

I have completed all UK ATPL exams at the end of last year and I am now looking at returning to the UK to complete a CPL conversion from CASA followed by doing an MEIR.

Been reading a few HKCAD documents regarding the conversion to HK.

Part 3.1.4 states:

"Subject to all of the above, the holder of a valid ICAO Contracting State professional flight crew licence applying for an equivilant Hong Kong licence may be eligible for exemption from certain written licensing examinations and flight tests in accordance with the provisions of this chapter."

From what I understand, If I hold a JAA frozen ATPL, I would be exempt from sitting: Flight Planning, Navigation, Instruments, Meteorology, Radio Aids, Human Performance.
All other exams would have to be taken.

I can see that there are quite a few exams to be done for a conversion.

From KA's website I see:

"Dragonair’s pre-qualified cadets have to pass a rigorous selection process. The final stage of which is a fully sponsored 6-week assessment and training course at Flight Training Adelaide. After successful completion of this selection process, Pre-qualified Cadets may be offered employment to join our professional flight crew team."

Does the 6 weeks include the time for theory and HKCAD exams?
(Currently not aware of how the 6 weeks are spent as KA dont post a "schedule" on their website like they do for the CPL course)

Any advice would be great as I am looking at qualifying for KA's PQC programme.

I want to make sure I do things right this time and would like any helpful information.

Thank you in advance and I shall keep reading through the documents to make sure I am not getting the wrong idea.

16th Feb 2012, 07:44
No it's not included. You'll have to arrange with KA, and to see what HKCAD can offer for your exam scheduling.

And it is after all the conversion exams, your actual "training" starts.

schweizer2
16th Feb 2012, 08:00
Thank you for the answer.

I guess it just makes things slightly more complicated as I now am going to have to search theory material for the CAD syllabus.

thanks again.

schweizer2
16th Feb 2012, 15:12
Thank you Remus,

I presume these exams would have to be sat in HK, does KA cover the cost of the exams and travel to HK if not currently there?

Thanks for the reference for the syllabus aswell. :ok:

schweizer2
17th Feb 2012, 03:17
replied and already gone though appendix A and B last night, very useful!