PDA

View Full Version : LGW transit on a Sunday morning

NWSRG
15th Feb 2012, 21:34
The challenge...

0820 BHD - LGW, arriving at 0950.
Then, connect with 1120 LGW - LAS, with VS. Hopefully, bags will be checked through from Belfast...

What are my chances of making the connection? Can I stay airside at LGW, or do I have to come land side and check in, security again?

All advice welcome!

PT6A
15th Feb 2012, 21:51
What airline are you traveling on BHD-LGW

Skipness One Echo
15th Feb 2012, 22:23
If you have a through ticket then you can use Flight Connections and stay airside. However I don't think you can through check baggage with flybe to the US with Virgin, you will have to pick it up and re-check it, be aware that the Virgin check in at Gatwick is chaos most mornings.

NWSRG
15th Feb 2012, 22:58
Flying with Flybe to LGW...I think we've through checked bags before, but I also think we had to come landside ourselves that time.

Hartington
16th Feb 2012, 09:10
So one ticket = 1 contract FlyBe BHD/LGW and a 2nd ticket = a different contract VS onward from LGW. If you fail, for any reason, to present in time for the VS flight they are quite within their rights to decalre your ticket null and void and insist you buy a new one (and if you have a return you'll have to buy that too).

Evanelpus
16th Feb 2012, 09:30
Timewise, looks way too close for my liking. I'd worry about this even if it was the same airport, let alone a trip round the M25.

Good luck sah!

AlpineSkier
16th Feb 2012, 09:38
I'd worry about this even if it was the same airport

It is ( so you can carry on worrying :E )

Evanelpus
16th Feb 2012, 09:59
Doh! Must pay more attention, must pay more attention!;)

ExXB
16th Feb 2012, 10:30
Why don't you call flyby and ask them? If it's on a single ticket they likely will through check, if it's not - they might.

A lot of airlines won't on two tickets because the MITA (IATA's multilateral interline ticketing agreement) doesn't apply. This agreement sets out procedures and liability in case the bag gets delayed or lost.

Some airlines will do it on-line, or intra-alliance (BA, for example) but check their conditions of carriage before you go to the airport.

OverRun
26th Feb 2012, 23:27
The minimum connect time for Flybe-VS at Gatwick, international to international, is showing as 1h30 on ExpertFlyer. So it looks like your transfer meets the minimum.