PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi or AUH to DXB?

TwoTone-7
15th Feb 2012, 06:34
Morning!

I'm looking for advice on the best possible and cost efficient way of getting from Abu Dhabi City / Yas Island / AUH Airport to DXB airport on Friday.

If anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Dubaian
15th Feb 2012, 07:00
The cheapest is almost certainly a bus but AFAIK they do not go via Yas Island. There is a luxury coach service with reclining seats and wi-fi access that goes from the Main Bus Station on 4th Street in downtown Abu Dhabi. Big red Volvo powered things - operated as Emirates Express - but nothing to do with the airline. And virtually non-stop. Route E100 @ 20 Dirhams one way. Cruise at 120 kph were possible.
They don't go to DXB airport but end at Ghubaibah Bus Station near the mouth of the Creek. As long as you can get to a Metro Station from the stopping points in DXB you can finish the journey that way - also at low cost. (Unless you want to go to Terminal 2 where I think you have only local buses or taxis as the option.) More info on the RTA website RTA Portal - Home (http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal?SwitchToLatestLocale=true)

If you can get to AUH airport, EY have an inter-airport coach service. Free, if you are on EY. Must be booked 24 hours in advance.
EK also have a complimentary inter-airport shuttle if you are an EK ticket holder.

RemoveB4Flght
15th Feb 2012, 14:03
That means you have to take a 40-50 aed taxi ride into the city to catch one of those buses... then wait for a bus which may or may not take him all the way to DXB.

Taxis in Abu Dhabi are reasonable, from Yas Island to Dubai International should cost 200-220aed max. Door to door, no connections or waiting. You may find a cheaper option with a bus, but is the hassle worth 100aed, or $26? a 70 mile ride for $55 is nothing, and that's what I would do.

my 2 dirham

FZckntkawrap
15th Feb 2012, 14:28
Take a taxi. You might save few dirhams by taking the metro from Ibn Battuta Mall after the taxi from Yaz, but again save yourself the hassle and just take the taxi to DXB. Also, the metro in Dubai only goes to Terminals 1 and 3, not Terminal 2.

TwoTone-7
16th Feb 2012, 06:01
Thank you very much, appreciated. :ok:

Jetjock330
17th Feb 2012, 05:31
Two Tone-7,

There is an Etihad bus (http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/etihad/ae/en/experienceetihad/attheairport/pages/Coaches.aspx) that runs a few times a day from AUH airport, next to the taxi pickup zone, to DXB and will stop and the Jebel Ali Marina mall and possibly else where. Click on the link above.

I hope this helps;)