PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Training College Ireland - Living Costs

richw626
13th Feb 2012, 22:42
Hi all,

I was just looking for some information about PTC Ireland.

I am aware that their ATPL course costs cover accommodation but not living. I am interested if anybody who has been to PTC could advise what to budget for the duration of the course for this. I am trying to make the decision of whether to apply for a course there or not, and if living costs are going to be astronomical, it may deter me!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advice you may have!

Tipp14
13th Feb 2012, 23:39
Hi,

I have never been to PTC but i would warn you that living costs in the Republic of Ireland are very high.

James Darlington
14th Feb 2012, 20:59
Ditto to the above, have family that has moved to Mayo from Liverpool and arent short of a few pennies and they are complaining of how expensive it is. I think people living near the Northern Ireland border republic side actually travel there for shopping as its that much cheaper, could be wrong but have definitely heard that.

206Fan
14th Feb 2012, 22:09
I think people living near the Northern Ireland border republic side actually travel there for shopping as its that much cheaper, could be wrong but have definitely heard that. Thats been the case the past 3 years. The South is ridiculous to live in at the minute. The Shops in Newry and Belfast take in more Euro than Sterling. I last heard that the Southern Residents are getting charged for Fire Brigade / Ambulance Callouts. Nuts!

Any idea how long you will be staying in Ireland IF you do decide to come over?

humhaw
15th Feb 2012, 22:40
OP:

Check out Daft.ie : Property for Sale in Ireland, Overseas Property, Property to Let, Houses to Rent, Accommodation Sharing, Parking Spaces in Ireland (Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Belfast) (http://www.daft.ie) to get the cost of accommodation. Cost of living is all relative of course.

anywherebuthome
16th Feb 2012, 13:53
Im a current ATPL student and i would advise against PTC, everything surrounding PTC is too expensive. Quoted 46000euro for an ME_IE_CPL and MCC minimum. I think not. Cost of living is the least of your concerns. Do yourself a favour and think long and hard about where you will do your training. Ive met lads who have paid 110,000plus with no job prospects, ridiculous money!

Ronaldsway Radar
21st Feb 2012, 13:07
Can any current / previous PTC students advise on how long the Waterford stages of the training might last and if there are any "hidden" (for lack of a better expression) expenses that may need to be accounted for whilst there?

Appreciate the actual stage timings may vary slightly due weather etc.

Have read the integrated course brochure and their website, but no mention.

Many Thanks