PDA

View Full Version : No Christmas Rosters AGAIN

Jive Bunny
28th Nov 2001, 21:08
It is that time of year again when we all look forward to christmas and start to make arrangements for the festive season, except of course if you work for Air Europe, as usual they have not issued rosters for the full month or even the first half of the month. December rosters were issued today (28th Nov) until 10th Dec along with a letter from the director of flight operations making pathetic excusses as to why there was not a roster for the full month and finished by saying 'thank you for your co-operation'!!!!
What chioce do the employees have..

:mad:

ex-amm
28th Nov 2001, 22:14
At least you have a roster. I am simply "not required for duty".

Guess I can plan for Christmas and New Year though......always look on the bright side!

clockworkclown
28th Nov 2001, 22:21
Jive bunny, tell you what mate, I know of a few blokes who will gladly take your place. Instead of their roster this month, all they got was a notice of reduncancy. Suggest you keep your feelings to yourself, they are not exactly pc at the moment!

411A
29th Nov 2001, 00:14
Yeah Jive Bunny.....you must be a jonnie-come-lately to the airline business, awhhh, poor baby!

Scando
29th Nov 2001, 00:29
So times are bad. Does this mean we don't need proper rostering anymore? Close our unions, and give away everything we have worked for? Bend over?
Sorry, not me. I feel for the guys who have recieved letters from "those who think they know", but I still want to be treated in a decent way.

Pandora
29th Nov 2001, 01:21
While we are all aware that it is a difficult time for the airline industry as a whole, it is not a license to treat people badly. I have every sympathy for those who have been stood down or made redundant, but the rostering problem is one that crops up every year. Jive Bunny is perfectly within his rights to feel upset that he has no idea what is going to happen to is work pattern over the next month.

411A - you really are full of some nasty taunts and your inane contributions not welcome on a rational forum.

Pirate
29th Nov 2001, 13:25
Pandora

411A, and anyone else,is perfectly entitled to post views on this forum - that's why it's called a forum. British Parliament and US Congress are also fora, where our elected representatives spend a lot of time spouting utter tosh, but we would hardly abolish them because a lot of blood has been spilt to allow us to live in democratic societies. "I don't agree with what you say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it"

katiecorrigan
29th Nov 2001, 13:43
It frustrates the wotsits out of me that some haven't yet got their December rosters. Do some of these airlines think employees have no personal lives? How are they supposed to plan anything personal, never mind knowing if, when the current roster runs out on Saturday, if they have to work Sunday or Monday, and whether it would involve a stopover or not.

Not only that, but why do some airlines still print individual's rosters and then fax them to the bases to be put into people's drop files? Why can't they make use of technology and email them to employees, or put them on an intranet site where you just enter your staff number to view/print your roster?

Katie C.

The Guvnor
29th Nov 2001, 14:46
Katice C - spot on; we're intending to a 'bureau' operations service called Navtech based at LGW that provides exactly that. Now if we, as a low budget start-up operator can do that, why can't the big boys?

Scando
29th Nov 2001, 18:26
I can access my roster right here, from my home PC.

Mr Angry from Purley
30th Nov 2001, 00:50
The Guvnor

So your a "Low budget, start up carrier".
I thought you'd abandoned plans to start up?.

So whose rosters are you doing apart from Cpt GUV Nor, Cpt Wane Ker?, F/O Wane King. If you ever start up, your rosters will be well early if you spent as much time on producing rosters as you do on PPrune.

Jive - I hope the situ improves at AE,if not
then bout time you bailed out

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dirty Harry
30th Nov 2001, 18:07
Jive Bunny,

I understand your frustrations about your roster, but do spare a thought for those who would at this moment give their right arm to have your job. Have a great Christmas though, assuming your not flying.......

kippa
30th Nov 2001, 18:40
"Spare a thought for those who would give their right arm to have your job"

I guess if they did have your job, they too would be PI$$ed off if their rosters were late/incomplete.

Perhaps there is a body of pilots out there who dont care about roster stability.

Sure it's tough being out of work but as soon as you are in work you want good rostering or you shout about it and guess what there are always guys out there saying what are you complaining about I would give my right arm.

Life goes on .... No excuse for cr4p rostering.

:mad:

Desk Driver
30th Nov 2001, 20:38
Guv,

I think I spotted a typo

Now if we, as a low budget start-up operator can do that, why can't the big boys?

Should'nt that read

Now if we, as a NO budget start-up operator

:D ;) :D ;) :D

FL310
30th Nov 2001, 20:40
My roster is very stable for the month starting tomorrow..it is all off because of leave...and all off after xmas because not employed anymore.... :(
And I am not alone...and we got no warning... :mad:

411A
30th Nov 2001, 22:00
Makes Jive Bunny's post a litte ridiculous, doesn't it? Xmas is one of the busiest times of the year, with many changes to rosters and extra sections...but some simlpy cannot resist to complain....perhaps he should head for the unemployment line for a taste of the real world that MANY professional pilots face today. Another "junior" guy perhaps?
Altho in management now, when line flying, worked EVERY Christmas for over twenty five years. Comes with the territory...
If he wanted a 9-5 job, he should have applied for one.

GEENY
1st Dec 2001, 13:16
Why didn't AEI pilots strike over it before? :confused:

jimbob
1st Dec 2001, 13:33
I get my roster send to me by E-mail. Two weeks before existing roster ends I get a new - This usually covers three to four weeks.