PDA

View Full Version : Ferrying a November plane to Argentina

guilherme18us
10th Feb 2012, 19:14
Normally I land at international airports when im jumping from one country to the other, AOE.. Im gonna be departing a curitiba , brazil direct to pigue where i was told it would be ok to do so .. I'm not very familiar with argentina's airspace regs or entry but is it legal or not .. pigue doesnt have a international airport .. This is a November plane coming from the u.s to be deliverd in argentina ... Any info would be great thanks ..

themagicman00
10th Feb 2012, 21:48
You have o make sure the aircraft has all the required registration (LV) before entering Argentina. There was some local legistation prohibiting foreign registration a/c staying in Argentina. A couple of years back, everyone was evading taxes by having a foreing registration a/c with your ICAO license. Now adays, you have to have your local license issued by ANAC and your a/c with LV registration. Also, there is no radar coverage in Argentina, so should be fine as long as you file a proper flight plan....piece of cake. BTW, what type of a/c are you ferrying south? I used to live in Buenos Aires, military flight instructor.

guilherme18us
10th Feb 2012, 22:03
Actually just got the news ill be landing in SARI first then to pigue.. I have a FAA license and ill im doing is dropping off the plane . Im flying down a mooney m20 .. Nice plane flys fast. So whats a LV .. like i said the plane is FAA registration and im FAA pilot .. I know in brazil i'll need a overflight permission from anac but do i need one in argentina ? thanks

themagicman00
10th Feb 2012, 22:28
LV is the Agentine aircraft registration (ICAO), the US is November. If your coming from Brazil, then you shouldn't have a problem. What airport are you flying into?

guilherme18us
11th Feb 2012, 00:45
i'll be going into SARI from curitiba, BR to iguazu SARI... any suggestions ?

themagicman00
11th Feb 2012, 04:50
From Curitiba BR to SARI you have roughly 1000miles, the range for the Mooney is about 1600miles, you should be able to get a couple of alternatives +/-45mins. San Fernando and perhaps Santa Fe and even Cordoba. Easy flight.

DPeterson3
15th Feb 2012, 06:36
I'm going to head that way in my Mooney later this year. How does one get an overflight permission from ANAC? I have been planning to simply file a flight plan and head into Brazil. Tips on any unique requirements are appreciated. Mode S?

Not many Mooney's have a 1600 mile range. Mine does, but I just installed long range tanks. Most of the stock Mooneys have perhaps 600 - 900 NM range, depending upon wind.

I'm aware the Argentinian flight rules are under some sort of change, and that it is a Custom's rule that limits how long a non-LV aircraft may remain in the country. Has this changed any in recent months? I'm planning on basing my Mooney in Uruguay with the understanding they are more flexible.

Cheers,
Don

themagicman00
16th Feb 2012, 12:33
Don
You are correct about Argentina's customs restrictions, non LV can't stay in-country no more than 30 days(not 100% sure). You should try to get a place in Carrasco airport in Montevideo Uruguay.
As far as Brazil's ANAC, you should file your plan accordantly, ICAO form and should be ok.

captjns
18th Feb 2012, 12:55
AOPA has a wonderful department to help GA pilots flying internationally with their personal aircraft. No matter the aircraft, bit it a C-152 or a GV. Worth the chat:ok:.