PDA

View Full Version : Hours required for CX AE Program

10th Feb 2012, 13:31
Does anybody know the breakdown of hours required for the 250h AE program?

What categories?

crwjerk
10th Feb 2012, 17:42
I don't think it would matter. At 250 hours, you can't have many categories, can you????

schweizer2
10th Feb 2012, 17:51
I did receive a form from CX a while back. It explained the categories they needed the 250 hours of flying to be in for the AE course...

Cant find the attachment atm as it was nearly a year ago but if you e-mail them like i did, they should reply quite quickly.

good luck

cl12pv2s
11th Feb 2012, 12:16
These courses are based on the applicant's qualification to convert to HKCPL(A). Thus, the requirements are laid out in the document HKCAD54, Chapter 1.6.

Part 1 Appendix C of the document is a table explaining the logging of hours per HKCAD requirements.

http://www.cad.gov.hk/english/pdf/CAD54.pdf

1.6. FLYING EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1.6.1. The minimum flying experience required for the issue of a Hong Kong
CPL(A) is 250 hours. This may be reduced to 200 hours where the applicant
has completed an integrated course of flight and ground training approved by
the Hong Kong CAD. These minimum hour requirements are to include the
following flying hours obtained in aeroplanes:-
(a) 100 hours as PIC or PIC U/S, of which, 70 hours must be as PIC. In
the case of a Hong Kong CAD approved CPL/IR training, such hours
can be reduced to 90 hours as PIC of which 20 hours can be SPIC;
(b) 35 hours cross-country flying as PIC, PIC U/S or SPIC of which 30
hours must be PIC. This cross-country flying should include a flight
as PIC on a route of 300 nm completed in a single day, in the course of
which the aeroplane landed and came to rest at not less than two
intermediate and different aerodromes;
(c) 10 hours night flying as PIC, PIC U/S, SPIC or P U/T, of which five
hours must be as PIC. This night flying must include 10 take-offs and
10 landings without assistance, and two cross-country flights as PIC or
PIC U/S or SPIC terminating at an aerodrome a minimum distance of
65 nm from the point of departure. It must also include three hours
night dual of which one hour must be navigation training; and
(d) 10 hours instrument flying as P U/T in aeroplanes.
1.6.2. The remainder may comprise flight time as either PIC, PIC U/S, SPIC or P U/T
counted in full, or P2 counted at half rate.
1.6.3. SPIC (Student Pilot-in-command) refers to the flight time obtained in a Hong
Kong CAD approved CPL/IR training during which the flight instructor on
board the aircraft will only observe the student acting as pilot-in-command
and must not influence or control the flight of the aircraft.

Hope that helps.

Cpt. Underpants
11th Feb 2012, 13:55
Right now, its a bonus if a "candidate" can recognize an aircraft at 100 paces...

GrobRanger
18th Feb 2012, 10:12
lol I could, tracing back to the time when I applied for it. It's not difficult if the candidate does have passion in aviation.

btw, the AE course = 250 hours which is stated clearly but heard from my friend which has just joined in, he knew a guy with just 180-200 hours still being picked for the AE.

ixg888
21st Feb 2012, 13:04
Total hours = 250
Total PIC not including PIC u/s= 100
Total cross country = 35
Cross Country PIC = 30
Total Night Time = 10
Night PIC = 5
Night T/O and LDGs PIC = 10
Night Navigation training = 1
Night Dual = 3
Instrument flying = 10

cc. re-post.

for the 180 - 200 who got in. awesome job.

404 Titan
21st Feb 2012, 21:26
GrobRanger

I’m sorry to burst your bubble but 180-200 hours won’t cut the CAD requirements for the AE course. CX have no discretion in the matter. That’s all irrelevant now anyway as the immigration department won’t issue any iCadets a visa unless they have a minimum of 250 hours. It’s local cadets only if they have less than 250 hours.

boxerpilot
22nd Feb 2012, 00:37
Titan is on the money. Jan interviewees that were trying for the Advanced who fell short of the 250Hr requirements were asked at the interview how they would feel if they had to do the 61 week course. Eventually guys who were 15-25 Hours short were all offered Ab-initio. The HKCAD will not give dispensations and even if you offered to pay to fly those hours, it would have been too late at point of interview. If anything, do it before even applying.

bs007
3rd Mar 2012, 09:08
any body got call from cathay airlines regarding AE program which held in Mumbai

smurf84
3rd Mar 2012, 09:56
bs007 -

Unless you're talking about Cathay sending the 'pleased to/regret to' emails to all the candidates who sat for the interview in Mumbai from Feb 20-24....No! I haven't heard from them yet. Maybe next week or so. Did you do it in Mumbai?

captain.weird
4th Mar 2012, 12:33
@bond: that can be the situation yes.

If I were you, I will fly my hours NOW! How much do you have now?

captain.weird
4th Mar 2012, 15:27
Yes for the result. But the 2nd and 3rd stage are (if you pass) mostly a month later after the feedback of the 1st stage. So you have almost 2 months for those 15hrs!

1: if you fly those 15hrs and pass the selection process you will do the AE course and begin a half year earlier as a second officer + you will get the forgivable loan ;
2: if you don't fly the needed hours you will have a big chance to do the AI course, you will begin a half year later as a second officer + you will not get the forgivable loan ;
3: you screw it up.

But I know a candidate who passed all the selection stages with a frozen ATPL (JAA) and he did an integrated course. So he had max 175hrs. He was offered the AI course. He didn't accept it. Twee weeks later they called him and they offered the AE course. He didn't accept it, he got another job.

Success and let us know!

ixg888
6th Mar 2012, 00:04
I bet this guy with 175 hours is a hong kong citizen am i wrong?