PDA

View Full Version : FOCA issue of "A" license on B777

nelbhoy
10th Feb 2012, 08:42
Hi,

Does anybody know of any instance of the Swiss authorities granting an "A" license on the B777?

mono
10th Feb 2012, 09:31
A licences are not type rated. It is for the Airline/MRO quality department to issue authorisation on any relevant types.

nelbhoy
10th Feb 2012, 13:04
OK sorry I'll re-phrase that, does anybody know of any airline or MRO working under FOCA that have issued a B777 "A" license to any individual?

Flightmech
10th Feb 2012, 16:48
As mono stated. Type ratings do not apply to the A license. Certifiying mechanic tasks/approvals are issued on applicable aircraft types by 145 authorised companies to staff holding an A license. I can't see why they wouldn't. Wheel & brake changes etc for example are not ETOPS signifcant systems.

nelbhoy
11th Feb 2012, 17:18
Thanks flightmech.
I understand that, but the organisation I work for are having problems issuing the B777 "A" ticket due to FOCA. I'm just trying to determine whether it is due to it being my organisation's first B777 "A" license approval (in which case they will have to change the company exposition), or because FOCA have never issued a company the right to appoint an "A" license on that type.
I'm guessing it is the former, but not sure.
So is there any "A" license guys on B777 certifying under FOCA out there?