PDA

View Full Version : List of pay to fly companies

AlexanderH
10th Feb 2012, 02:19
I noticed that the "list of pay to fly airlines" under the terms of endearment section had been shut down and thought I would rephrase the question with "list of pay to fly companies" instead.

So far I have:

EagleJet
Flya320 (simulator-experience.com)
Skies Consultancy

I know there are a couple more. Anyone please feel free to add to this list. So far I have found it difficult finding other companies.

And please no posts whinging about how pay to fly is ruining the industry blah blah.
Thanks.

AlexanderH
10th Feb 2012, 12:12
So if anyone would care to add to add to that list that would be very helpful.

I dont necessarily agree with the schemes either. I'd just like a list of companies if possible?

Jerry Lee
10th Feb 2012, 13:29
Roope good luck for your future.

The point is that there are people who went through ths kind of programs and now fly for real company.
At this time, the best deal is Eagle Jet and Lion Air. 500 hours + 4 years of employment and you get paid. Obviously the pay is not that high, but is commensurate with the cost of living there.
I'm not a fan of P2F, but when it'll be time to make a decision this program, unfortunately, might be an option.

AlexanderH
10th Feb 2012, 20:56
I dont think the eaglejet +4 employment deal is that good.
4 years is a real stretch especially in a place like Jakarta.

They have one other program in Turkey I believe but nothing else!

Bit annoying really that there isn't much variety. That's why I put this post up.

One more thing, if I could ask you all very kindly, please try to stay on topic.

Jerry Lee
10th Feb 2012, 21:59
Do you like Italy? Check out Windjet. They sell A320 TR + 300 hours. As far as I know, once the deal was TR + 500 + 1 year employment. I don't know if it still is.

Jerry Lee
10th Feb 2012, 22:05
Oh, there is another organization in California that seals a deals - yet again with Lion Air. The difference is that you'll be employed for either 1 or 2 years.

I still think EagleJet-Lion Air is the best one if someone wants to invest that money.

What really prevents me from doing this is that I haven't known yet what the pilots that went through P2F are doing now and where they are.
Heard a couple of times that one flyes now for Qatar Airways, others work in for other carriers. Is that really true?

On the other hand, what would experience on SEP and MEP in Africa give me in terms of odds to get employed either on turboprops or jet?

I wish I won the Green Card lottery!:ugh:

AlexanderH
10th Feb 2012, 23:37
I know a couple of pay to fly guys at Lion Air with the Eagle Jet program and they seem to be enjoying it despite being overworked. They didn't say it was amazing or anything but they were pleased that they were getting the hours they needed.

A few foreigners who worked there for a year and half have now left, one went to Cathay and a few others to the Middle East.

That scheme with windjet, is that through an agency or through the airline itself?

Jerry Lee
11th Feb 2012, 09:17
As far as I know the program is with WindJet itself. I don't know if you are required to be fluent in italian. You have to check it out.

AlexanderH
11th Feb 2012, 18:32
Cheers guys, really appreciate all your useful comments re p2f.
Does anyone else know of any other agenices other than EJ, Skies Con., and a320?

captplaystation
12th Feb 2012, 08:59
In line with your original Q, airBaltic last Summer (probably this one too ? ) & Small Planet Airlines to add to the list.

Ganzic
15th Feb 2012, 08:49
Here comes another, for the rich boys and girls:
Type rating opportunity for First officers on A-320 with Brookfield Aviation International Ltd | 1401335163 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401335163/type-rating-opportunity-for-first-officers-on-a-320/)

Shooting_Star
15th Feb 2012, 15:13
Royal Air Maroc?

englishman
28th Feb 2012, 10:42
@moderator

This thread is titled 'list of P2F companies' and yet there is no such list present in the thread, only the same old complaining that we find in virtually all of the threads in this forum. Can you do something about it?

Halfwayback
28th Feb 2012, 10:45
You posted as I was 'doing something!'

Halfwayback

Jerry Lee
28th Feb 2012, 12:21
Hmmm... P2F companies???
Well, in Italy there could be Mistral Air (737 CL), WindJet (A320), Blue Panorama (often called Blue Banana) and if I am not wrong, Air Italy as well.
Now, things may change as Alitalia is going to "take" WindJet and Blue Panorama.

Oh, Air Dolomiti has to be added too.

Shooting_Star
28th Feb 2012, 13:08
Add Nouvelair (Tunesia) through Brookfield :ugh:

Halfwayback
28th Feb 2012, 17:03
OK - some ground rules.

If thread drift happens the posts will be deleted; repeated attempts will result in a ban.:=

If you want to post about P2F then go to http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/472739-pay-fly-merged-feb-12-a.html (http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/472739-pay-fly-merged-feb-12-a.html) rather than every thread that comes up.

HWB