PDA

View Full Version : FYI : Information On Class 1 Medical from IAM, IAF, Bangalore

spinbirdman
8th Feb 2012, 12:38
TO ALL,
I recently cleared my Class I Medical at IAM, IAF, Bangalore.
If you have your examination there, here are a few tips :

UP TO DATE AS OF 08.02.2012

(IAM is located right next to Bangalore airport.)

-> Before going make sure to take a Chest P.A. View X-ray along with 2 passport size photographs along with you. Class 1 at IAM usually takes around 2 to 3 days, so plan your stay accordingly. DO NOT EAT Breakfast before going for the medical, but to avoid further delay, carry some food along as you will be asked to report for 1st blood + urine test while fasting and then without, further, the cafeteria there opens only around 9:30am.

-> The system there has improved a lot in the past few years and you do not need to be worried about anything. You will be helped, if you present yourself professionally, politely and patiently.

-> Yes, your patience will be tested, you will be made to wait for a really long time, but its all worth it in the end when you clear. Bring along your MP3
players and other stuff if you can. Mobiles/Laptops/ipads will be taken at the entrance.

-> EEG is not required any more, unless asked for.

->You will have to pay around Rs. 1800 at the accounts section for all the tests, if you are within the weight limits i.e. you are not underweight or overweight. (overweight having BMI above 25% *mine was 25.40% and I had to go through the extra tests)
If you are underweight or overweight, you will be charged Rs.2285 and there will be a few extra tests. But do not worry, you can still clear the medical easily.

->If power of specs is high , relax. As long as you can read the 6/6
line you will be fine.

Let me know if you need any other information.

All the best! :ok:

P.S. BMI - Weight / Height in m^2

shony
15th Oct 2013, 13:28
do i require a valid class 2 medical?
and how long does a medical class 2 valid for?