PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when Uploading Photo's

david1300
7th Feb 2012, 11:02
First, my name is David, and I have been using the Book of Faces for 3 years now. There, my confession is out of the way.

My problem is that whenever I upload photo's into a new Photo Album (yes, we have family in far away countries that like to see our piccies) I get an error message along the lines of: "Out of Memory at line 11" (Sometimes the line number is something else, like 28).

I have tried uploading various batches of piccies, from as many as 12 to only 6 piccies at a time (at a size of 800x600, average file size is between 400KB and 500KB).

Browser window then freezes, and I end up ending the application through Windows Task Manager, cursing as loudly as a I dare without upsetting the neighbours.

Any suggestions on what is causing this and how I can solve it.

Milo Minderbinder
7th Feb 2012, 15:32
appears to be a bug in the way Facebook handles javascript, and there are reports going back to 2009, though FB closed the bug report saying it had been fixed in 2011
Best to browse the Facebook help forums

david1300
8th Feb 2012, 03:07
Thank you, Milo. Will do as suggested.

Interesting that Facebook came up as Facebook and not FacePprune.

david1300
8th Feb 2012, 03:10
Well, it only comes up as Face8ook in the 'reply to post' screen and the preview screen, but when it gets posted for real it comes up as Facebook.