PDA

View Full Version : Future Concept Commercial Aircraft

Shabbi
7th Feb 2012, 00:09
Hi, I am a grad student for transportation design and for my THESIS I Am designing a new commercial air craft.
This design is meant to serve the large commercial air craft manufactures, It is similar to the single- aisle segment, and has between 175 and 210 seats.
Rethinking all aspects from the ground up; structure, technologies, scenario of use, materials, and propulsion systems of the aircraft, and integrating them all, making the most out of the available resources to achieve a significant aviation leap.
I would like to have discussions and ask questions her and use your expertise

Shabbi
7th Feb 2012, 00:23
What are the influences of a Winglet that is facing downwards instead of up? Will it reduce the lift-induced drag as equal to the facing up one? If the winglets are extended can they replace the tail?http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/as-the-croft-flies/winglets_compare.JPG

Genghis the Engineer
9th Feb 2012, 17:01
Presumably you've discovered Raymer, Stinton and Roskam? Also FAR-25 and FAR-E, and you understand where they fit in relation to ICAO and the Chicago Convention?

And you're aware that the project you're describing at Cranfield (arguably the best aeronautical university in Europe) would be a project for probably a team of 20 students over one year?

You've also looked up Cranfield's past projects, and also looked at the outputs of the Cambridge/MIT "Silent Aircraft Initiative"?

Oh yes, and that aircraft is one word?

One imagines you are only doing conceptual design? Anything bigger would be impossible in a year.

G

(Used to teach this stuff, currently playing around with a design for a replica WW2 fighter, purely for the fun of it).