PDA

View Full Version : Should I try again EASA/JAA class 1 or go for FAA class 1?

JA8395
6th Feb 2012, 19:18
Dear readers,

This is my first post in the forum, Sorry if my english is not good. I´m currently holding a Spanish JAR Class 2 medical for training towards a PPL(A) license, but I did the Class 1 and I found myself out of the limits regarding Astigmatism ( L -2.75; R -2.50) and Thus, I just received the letter from AESA (Spanish CAA) today saying that my request for a class 1 medical is denied.

I´m now 17 (18 in 2 weeks time) and in my last year of school (2º Bachillerato) in the Science & Technology branch sitting my university admissions exams on June (Selectividad). For a long time I found myself that I wanted to become an airline pilot , because I enjoy flying a lot and I really like everything related to aircraft and aviation since I was a kid, also I´d like to do my best in order to achieve a good level of professionalism doing my job.

Should I wait and retake the EASA Class 1 medical in Europe, or go straight to the FAA medical?

Thank you very much

NOTE: I have a glasses prescription for wearing them at close work, also for flying (it appears in my Class 2 limitations section).

JA8395