View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment III

Pages : [1] 2

TightSlot
6th Feb 2012, 17:08
Continue Here

Esprite
7th Feb 2012, 01:23
QR Application Process (What do I need to do?)
Thursday, October 6, 2011

What do you need? to apply for QR!

1. Ask yourself if you really wanna be a Cabin Crew!

In Korea, people call service job (and construction job) “3D” → Dirty, Dangerous and Difficult! I don’t know if it’s true or not but yeh bear in mind that there is always a glamorous side and … a NOT-SO glamorous side of every job so KNOW it and keep asking yourself at least five times if you really wanna do this.

To me, finding a .. so-called perfect job is impossible because it doesn’t exist, all you can do is; find a job that you can live with .. most importantly it must be a job that you can be patient doing it and you think you can enjoy it no matter how hard it is. Yeh I know it’s easier said than done but you really need to think about it carefully because this might be a turning point of your life^^
2. Once you decide to work in the aviation field, you should RESEARCH not only about the airline, but also the aviation industry and the State of Qatar, the place where you’ll be based.

It helps you understand much more about the airline you are applying for and it gives you a big picture of the whole industry and the country that you’ll be living for a couple of years?, what’s going on there, what you need to have and need to know, what suits you and what doesn’t, etc. It’s not necessary to memorize everything about the company, but yes it’s better if you can answer when you are asked, right? One of my friends was asked “Who’s our CEO? When did he join the QR?” and lucky her cuz she knew it .. and of course she passed the first screening process. Well, this is one of your first impressions! Say … if you have the same qualification with Ms. A, but you can’t answer what the recruiters ask while Ms. A can, you know who they are gonna select! These are websites that I used for researching Qatar Airways and the State of Qatar:

Cabin Crew | Qatar Airways Global (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-cabin-crew.page) (research the company and the way they represent themselves)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/qa.html (everything’s there about the State of Qatar - fairly accurate and many scholars use this for their dissertation)

Qatar Airways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Airways) (double check the information pls lol)

iLoveQatar.net - A great community for Expats, Locals, and Tourists in Qatar (http://www.iloveqatar.net/) (very detailed for Expats in Qatar)

What’s more, go to Google (http://www.google.com/) and type “Qatar”, “the State of Qatar”, or “Qatar Airways”, you’ll find thousands of info! Enjoy googling! lol

From QR homepage →
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reach for the stars! Join one of the most awarded airlines in the sky.
Do you love travelling and meeting new people? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Are you a team player who would love to be part of an award-winning team?

If your answer is YES, then Qatar Airways wants to hear from you. We are looking for dedicated and energetic individuals to join our multinational, award-winning cabin crew. Apply now to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to travel the world and become a flying ambassador for Qatar Airways.

Requirements
Being cabin crew is not just a job but a way of life.
We invite applications from those who meet the following requirements:

•Minimum age: 21 years → If you are turning 21 in a couple of months, go for it!
•Minimum arm reach: 212 cm (on tip toes) → For male applicants, I think it’d be ok but for female, please be careful because if you can’t reach 212 cm on your tip toes, you’ll be asked to go home at once!
•Minimum education: high school degree → Everyone should have graduated high school by the time you apply for QR.
•Fluent in written and spoken English (ability to speak another language is an asset) → To be honest, not so many people are fluent in both written and spoken English. So don’t worry because English is not only the qualification that they are looking for.
•Excellent health and fitness → Make sure that you are VERY healthy and not coming down with infectious diseases as they take it into account very SERIOUSLY.
•Willingness to relocate to Doha, Qatar → Hmm, this is VERY important because you must LIVE there. Many people say Doha is not for them and simply give up applying and there are many people who can’t stand living in Doha and decide to walk out. So make sure that you’ll be all right living in a conservative, extremely hot, and many “must abide by-rules” country!
•Outgoing personality with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a multinational team → Maybe, this is the most important one! They’ll observe these skills from your performance, interaction, attitude, etc during the preliminary screening and your final interview.

Benefits
We offer a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package including:
•Competitive tax-free salary → Yes, it's tax-free!
•Fully furnished, shared accommodation with private bedroom → Some get private room!
•Welcome bonus (2000 Riyal) → You'll have to pay them back 1000 if you quit in 1 year.
•Three-year, open-ended contract
•Meal allowances while on duty → Depends on your flights!
•Transport while on duty
•Comprehensive medical insurance
•Life insurance
•Travel benefits on Qatar Airways and partner airlines → 1 free tix and unlimited 90% & 50% rebated tix for you ... and there are for your family members as well (no free tix)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Prepare your “Resume”, “Photo”, “Cover letter”

If you don’t know how to write a CV, google it!
Resume Writing - Free Resume Examples and Cover Letter Samples (http://www.resume-resource.com/)

What I can say is; keep it SIMPLE, EASY to read (and to get the required info) and your CV (work experience, education background, etc) SHOULD relate to the industry! Definitely, it should be UPDATED, PRECISE, and HONEST.

Well, I know many people are trying to appeal by writing everything they have experienced but honestly some of your extracurricular activities might not interest them, so pick up the most interesting and appealing one! Remember that they spend no longer than 1 min going through your CV when you walk in! Double check spelling, grammatical errors, and EVERYTHING – you can ask your friend to do it for you as s/he might notice something that you don’t.

For photo, you need 1 recent passport-sized photograph on a plain (avoid white) background and 1 recent full-length postcard-sized photograph (business attire) on a plain (avoid white) background.
Photo Format: stand facing the camera, feet together, hands relaxed by the sides and a warm open smile!

For cover letter, it’s not mandatory. I used to submit a cover letter but some of the recruiters didn’t even look at it while some read it carefully so decide it yourself! lol

4. Check the recruitment campaign schedule!

Cabin Crew Events | Qatar Airways Nigeria (http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/careers-cabin-crew-events.page)

From the QR website:
You are most welcome to attend our open day/ CV Submission Recruitment Campaign in all destinations WITHOUT any invitation letter. Please note that all expenses incurred by you to attend any recruitment campaign will not be the responsibility of Qatar Airways. Short listed candidates will be required to attend further interview processes over the next two or three days.

What to expect
If you want to meet us, please make sure to be on-time, wear business attire and be yourself.
Ladies - Knee length skirt and short sleeve blouse. Hair neatly tied back.
Gentlemen - Business suit with neck tie
We are looking for candidates with good interpersonal skills that raise to our 5-star service level.

*Double check the City, Country, Date, Time, Location, and Event type! Sometimes they recruit female only and occasionally recruit only the citizen of recruitment country! Be very careful.

5. Once you have all the required documents and info in your hands, APPLY online (if you wish to)

Again, this is NOT necessary. You DO NOT have to apply online.
You can only bring your CV, 2 recent photos, and your confidence to the recruitment campaign and that IS enough. (According to QR Homepage, “You are most welcome to attend our open day/ CV Submission Recruitment Campaign in all destinations WITHOUT any invitation letter.” 2011/10/06)

But for people who want to get an invitation email from QR, you might apply online.
What you’ll get is the information of the recruitment campaign and that’s it.

I used to apply online just to make myself feel relieved but I NEVER passed the recruitment campaign that I applied online … haha

Now you know what you have to do, why don’t you give it a go? Be ready!
Opportunity never knocks twice!

I’ll come back with the tips and what you have to do on the open day later on!

Fingers crossed!

http://qatarairways-ken.********.com/2011/10/qatar-airways-application-process-what.html

Esprite
7th Feb 2012, 01:26
Recruitment Campaign (Walk-in/CV submission)
Friday, October 14, 2011

Recruitment Campaign (Walk-in/CV submission)

Now you guys know what you need! If you are ready, why don’t you give it a go?

Honestly, QR has NO STANDARD on selecting people, in my opinion.
It’s all about (YOUR) timing, opportunity and ….. LUCK!

Basically, recruitment campaign is held weekly around the world so go to the nearest country to where you live! It normally starts from 9-12, 9-13, 10-13, it really depends so don’t forget to double check! The recruiters basically come 5-20 mins early so BE THERE at least (I say at least .. people who are late sometimes ARE NOT allowed to get in because there are too many people) 30 mins before it begins because they might give you very important information and they sometimes tell you what they LIKE and DISLIKE, etc. And most importantly you get to know what kind of person they are and you MAY select whom you want to submit your CV to. lol

Today is nothing actually, you just follow what they want you to do, SMILE, be NICE (Hmm, you can be yourself that’s right but remember that you are applying for a (service) job!), behave properly (you are applying for the world’s 5 star airline, you know what you should/shouldn’t do), submit your CV and leave! That is it! (you might have to wait, wait and wait! So make sure that you’ll be ok standing for a couple of hrs because some people faint!!)

Yes, this process is of importance as your VISA will be permitted (whether you can go to preliminary screening or not) at this stage. And as y’all know, people are easily failed! I have seen many people speaking FLUENT ENGLISH but they are failed. And many neatly-groomed-people do not get selected! Why? Beats me cuz I don’t know either. lol Maybe, they are not impressed ?…

What I can tell you is if they LIKE you, then it’s your day.
But if they don’t, althou’ you think you are one of the best candidates/you are ready and excellent enough, you will be asked to come back when you are ready! They always say …

“You guys can come back anytime!”
“It’s not the end of the world.”
“If you don’t get selected today, it doesn’t mean that you are not good but you are not what our company is looking for right now.”
“Improve yourself and you are welcome to come back anytime.”

These are what you will hear during the recruitment campaign so familiarize with them! lol

**These are questions they may ask you when you submit your CV. (There are many more but these are what I know.)

- Hi, how are you?
- What is your name?
- What is your first name?
- What can I call you?
- How old are you?
- When is your birthday?
- What do you do?
- Are you working or studying?
- When will you graduate?
- How many foreign languages can you speak?
- What is your hobby?
- Where do you live?
- What did you do yesterday?
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
- Is it your first time applying for Qatar Airways?
- Why do you think you were failed last time and what have you improved?
- Why Qatar Airways?
- Where did you hear about Qatar Airways?
- Why do you want to be a Cabin Crew?
- What do you know about our airline?
- What do you know about Middle East?
- Why do you want to quit your current job?
- Do you know who our CEO is?
- Show me your teeth, ears, hands.
- Thank you for coming.

Bear in mind that they check your personality and your communication skill!
Don’t speak too much.
Don’t be too nervous.
Try to break the ice.
Be friendly and professional.
.... and you’ll be fine!

If it’s your day, they’ll invite you to attend preliminary screening which might be held either on the same day or in the following day depending on them.

They always ask you to read the instruction paper for people who are shortlisted – it’s about grooming, venue, time, etc so read and memorize it.

Basically, LISTEN carefully and DO what they ask you to and you won’t miss anything.

Language proficiency and grooming does matter to some of them. But I think your IMAGE, PERSONALITY, and ATMOSPHERE are the most important today! So do WHATEVER that you think might impress them,
be yourself (actually I don’t like this phrase cuz I don’t know how but it really works once you try! lol),
behave properly and ....
BEAR IN MIND that you are applying for a (service) job and it's the world’s 5 star airline!

http://qatarairways-ken.********.com/2011/10/recruitment-campaign-walk-incv.html

Esprite
7th Feb 2012, 01:33
LUCIE QR
(posted on 4th Sep 2011, 00:50)

Hi guys thought id post a few hints and tips..inside information lol as ive been here for over 2years now.

well firstly..if you dont succeed the first time around..try again. i know many people who attended a few open days, or even had interviews for different airlines etc etc, if you think youve got it..keep trying. they deal with alot of applicants week in week out and its only natural they might miss someone who is suitable.

alot depends on who the interviewers are..what mood there in. there is no set crew, everyone is different. age i would say 21-31 but i know plenty of crew who are older, my flatmate with no prior experience joined when she was 34.

show your qualities as:

1.smiling..genuinely..not fake..
2.being polite and considerate..'thankyou for your time' etc will go a long way.
3.dress well..business like and professional
4.listen, eye contact, facial expressions and body language.
.if there is 1000 plus people you have to make yourself memorable in a good way!!
5.prepare answers..

why do you want to be crew? say things that they want to hear- your friendly, like working in mutli-national teams, enjoy a hospitality based environment but also the responsibility of making sure people are safe..its not all about travelling and earning more money than your current job.

why qatar airways? if you have travelled on another airline, maybe a low cost where they only sell food, say that you would enjoy working for an airline that prides itself on having the highest standards of grooming,service etc. good reputation etc

these things will make you stand out.

how do you know you will like it? maybe in your current job your used to dealing with lots of different types of people or working unsociable hours.

6.practice english writing skills, especially if english isnt your 1st language.

they NEED crew..but obviously they cannot take everyone all at once. try an attend somewhere where not so many people attend..manila, mumbai its all very competitive!

if you do make it through, dont be worried if you dont hear anything for along time. there under a lot of pressure, and things always take a long time at qatar airways. they will tell you either way so until you get a reply try not to think about (although it is difficult i know)

its not the end of the world:
theres other airlines-emirates Teahid etc
you can try as many times as you like
look into going to a low cost domestic get some experience and try again
i know someone who tried 12 times before she got accepted.

ask yourself, is it really for me?the job is not easy, its not easy being away from home, in a different country, working and maybe living people from different backgrounds..whats meant to be will be.

if you get an offer with etihad or emirates, go with one of these instead of qatar but if qatar is your only offer..then take it, come here, see whats its like for yourself, enjoy the new experiences and when you get sick of the rules and politics (it does exist i wont lie to you) then at least you can say youve done it.

ive had 2 great years of meeting loads different types of places and experiences new things. i was so worried before i came as i read lots of negatives, the negatives do exist and it is sometimes hard but you just have to play the game and go along with it.

when you get here..listen to what they say during training...if they say your not supposed to do something..then dont do...or dont do it until you know for sure you can get away it..so many crew throw away the opportunity to travel the world for silly things..

well im not sure if this will be of any help so message me with any questions. i would gladly offer any individual help advice information tips whatever to those of you who are interested.

good luck guys

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/395662-qatar-airways-wannabes-recruitment-ii-97.html

MizzCrew
10th Feb 2012, 09:19
Hey. I'm in Nairobi. I applied for Qatar n was invited for the preliminary selection process taking place on Saturday ie tomorrow. Any Kenyan here attending? N anyone who can advice me on how to go about it?I wud really appreciate it. Thanks. Halla..

MizzCrew
10th Feb 2012, 09:24
Hey.. I'm goin for a preliminary srlection process tomorrow n am kina nervous, dunno what to expect, please gimme hints?

ughostess
10th Feb 2012, 10:00
Hello Mizzcrew,

first congrations, about what to expect i would advise you to try and read through the previous threads to have a crew of what takes place.

according to what i have read in the forum, be confident, keep a positive attitude, be on time(30 mins) before your arrival time, dress in a business suit-skirt knee length,jacket-short sleeves, heels(black), hold your hair in a bun neatly, wear make up that matches your skin complexion(not forgetting the red lipstick), carry ur resume,photos,academic documents, proof of employement ie if ur working just incase the paper work is needed.

lastly i would say, smile, interact with others, speak up, maintain eye contact and pray for guidance,knowledge and wisdom. i cannot say i have mentioned everything but i hope iam of help. all the best and let us know how it goes.:D

MizzCrew
10th Feb 2012, 10:45
Hey Ug hostess, thanks alot for the tips, i'll b sure to implement them as suggested.. One question tho, what happens if i dont wear Redlipstick? N i have a tattoo on my upper arm but its not so big, if i wear a relativly 'long' short sleeved, it wont be visible. Hope it aint a bad thing.

MizzCrew
10th Feb 2012, 10:47
Sorry, i meant.. What happens if i don't wear Red lipstick, just lipgloss..?

tabbys
12th Feb 2012, 02:53
Nairobi AD

Hope all went well..do they also conduct their recruitment at the tribe like Emirates? Any time I think of applying for QR something hinders me,or I feel a bit relaxed to do it and end up nt applying so I think I need to think deeper if I really need QR.As for Emirates, I would do it the first minute I see the advertisement..hahaa, I think that's where my heart and mind belongs,though they haven't recruited here since June last year maybe they no longer need Kenyans,but hopefully April might be the our lucky month.
Please tell us how it went.

Ughostess
Are QR also recruiting in Uganda? The last time I checked you said you were not shortlisted by Emirates? I also applied never got any invitation but my status reads applied so,I'll keep on applying. All the best.

ExpatSoul
12th Feb 2012, 05:36
Greetings everyone! I have been reading for about a month, but this is my first post. There is priceless information on here so thank you all for that.

I am attending the CV Submission in Seoul this Thursday. I see that they usually call you back for the next day if you have what they are looking for. Any chance it could be two days later, perhaps on Saturday? Also, if you are lucky enough to be called back, about how many hours could the assessment day take?

I only ask because it can be very difficult to get a day off of work here, especially on short notice, so I am concerned about my current job letting me have off on Friday (I don't start til mid-afternoon) IF I get a callback. I wouldn't miss the opportunity for the assessment, but I also can't afford to lose my current job until I have something else lined up because I'm an American living here, so my job is connected to my visa and losing it means having to pack up and relocate. :p

Anyone else going to the Seoul CV Day, let me know!

Esprite
12th Feb 2012, 20:20
@ ExpatSoul

In Korea, there will be too many applicants (more than 2,500 I guess), so the second round will be two days i.e. Friday and Saturday. You will be put in one of these days, if you are called back.
Final Interview will be on Sunday onwards. (you can choose your day.)

Normally, the second round will take approximately half day. Then, if it begins at 8 a.m., it will be done at 2 p.m., but if it starts at 2 p.m., you will finish at 7 p.m.

ExpatSoul
13th Feb 2012, 01:07
Thanks so much, that is very helpful to know! I figured there'd be a lot of applicants but didn't think there'd be that many. This is my first recruitment day for an airline so let's hope I have some beginner's luck. :)

wanda29
13th Feb 2012, 10:14
hey!i have a question for those who had to do the medicals for qatar...is there any problem if i have breast augmentation surgery?it is a plastic surgery after all,its not something i did cos i had any health issues...so,i have no idea if i should tell them about it or not...im afraid they might fail me if they find out that i have this surgery,even if its a plastic surgery...is there anyone on this forum with breasts augmentation surgery and working for qatar or any other airline?

ughostess
13th Feb 2012, 11:23
yeah, they advertised for cc position in uganda and our deadline was 28th of jan. so am hoping to hear from them not later than this week...since they have not sent out any invites.

about emirates, yes i did apply twice for the kenya recruits but i was never shortlisted for both so some kenyan friends of mine asked me to always indicate country as kenya if applying. as you said wait and see if they will be back, the year is young.

mizzcrew, how did it go? hope all went all. al the best.:D

lilibue
13th Feb 2012, 18:12
What i would tell you is dont just apply until you see on the EK website that they are recruiting again in kenya then that is when you apply for that AD otherwise your application will be there with no AD comming up and it will be invalid after 3 months with no AD comming up then you will have to wait for another 6 months thats when you will be able to reapply again

i went for an EK AD in june last year my 6 months is already over but i am still waiting for their AD to be advertised on their website then i will make my application

all the best

ffo
14th Feb 2012, 07:32
Hello, everyone! My name is Ivelina, everyone calls me FO :)

I am from Bulgaria and interested in this forum because I have also applied for Qatar Airlines' flight attendant position ;) I have been throughout the whole process of selection and already send my medical examinations they need. However, they are constantly asking me for some "report of the comments on the alignment of my spine?" and I do have difficulties to understand what exactly they want me to send them, the doctors here in Bulgaria, also have some difficulties... this is why I have decided to ask you, as some of you are more qualified and clear about this theme! I have already send the Cobb's angle(scoliosis) degree with result of 2% and the image itself(x-ray film) + some sentances written down by the doctor of the spine condition... but what else should be wriiten? Maybe some of you had the same problem? :ugh:

I am pretty worried already, as they asked me 2nd time, I asked them back for more info about the report- no answers! :confused: this is the last request from them and do not want to loose everything just because this report :P

Thank you very much, in advance, for all your suggestions and answers :ok:;)

tabbys
14th Feb 2012, 17:51
Ughostess

I am wishing you all the best. I have never known where QR does their recruitment here in Nairobi, am just curious. I am only sure of EK, that's the Tribe Hotel.

Liliblu

My last application was on their June advertisement of which I didn't get any invitation, my status still reads applied.I have never applied again, I am hoping for the next advertisement

R2jumpseat
15th Feb 2012, 06:43
@ wanda29

I would not bring it up unless they specifically ask you what surgeries you had lately or the topic of implants comes up (very unlikely).
There is quite a number of crew that have breast implants. Some have no issues with them while some others say that the frequent difference of pressure caused the implants to look a bit weird. I guess it is a something you will have to wait and see.

Good luck!

wanda29
15th Feb 2012, 11:09
I would not tell a thing about it but on the medical form ill have to fill is 'previous medical or surgical treatment(or any other serious injury)'...so...I think ill have to write it down on that medical form after all...if it wouldnt show up on X-rey I wouldnt tell ...I really have no idea what to do

New Crew
16th Feb 2012, 08:47
Hi i have a question regarding medical,as required i did ma medicals but some of them are in german as i live in salzburg the official language here is german,i even went to the biggest hospital here but no one did it in english,then i went to a regular dr and requested her to write the outcome of the reports in english,which she managed to do..but with not so clear impression...so m just worried,will that be a problem????? or is that find if i can get my reports translated from a professional translator and send them again?? Any suggestion

flyingdreams
16th Feb 2012, 11:51
You can bring to a professional translator or you can translate alone but they need the results in ENGLISH!
Good luck

flyingdreams
16th Feb 2012, 12:11
I was in the same situation. 2 weeks ago they asked me to send them new report about thoracic spine. What I did is only that I went to a second doctor, which gave me another paper. He wrote almost the same what the first doctor wrote about my scoliosis but without abbreviations. At the end I translated by myself because I saw the professional translator made some mistakes with the first report.
Since than I'm waiting for a sign from qatar but nothing... :ugh:
What about you? Did you sent them something?

wannaflyfast
19th Feb 2012, 16:49
Hi, i already send my medical exams as they ask and waiting for an answer, but my concern its at the arrival of doha, exactly what tipe of medicals exams do i have to take? same all over? or some extras like alcohol or drug free test aswell? hope someone can provide this information to me.
thank you very much:ok:

ffo
20th Feb 2012, 07:24
No! I didnt send them anything yet!
I also went to another doctor and he said that if my spine is ok, and do not have any scoliosis (cause my result was 2 % only and it is really not a big problem) he can not write anything more, simply because there is nothing more to be written :S I got that and I told Qatar the same thing... they still need this Report of Alignment, this is why I asked them to explain me what is this paper exactly? Because you know... different countries, different doctors and their habbits, practices and papers..maybe if they told me something more (some details) I can tell my doctor and he will know what to write....:hmm: but I do not have any answer from Qatar, one week already! May be I pissed them off... and they canceled my results hahahah I am kidding :P
But I really do not know what to do... just waiting them,Qatar, to send me some detailed info aboutthis report... cause so far, my result for the Thoracic spine is a picture (X-ray film) of the spine, and a paper where is written - No scoliosis found. Cobb's angle - 2% (degree). And it was added later that the examination is based on the Spine vertebrae of T1 to T12 (the thoracic vertebrae ).... but they want more?! phu.... :ugh: What kind of abbreviations do you have written in your paper?

ffo
20th Feb 2012, 07:34
As I know they are not going to repeat the same medical examinations, unless they do have some doubts about some of your results, but some different examinasions about the condition of the whole body, so I think it might include alcohol (liver medical test) and drug (blood and/or urine medical tests)... but I do not remember any specific tests they send we are going to take, they just said more detailed examinations ;)
Hope, I help a little ;)
PS - of course, I think you can also asked them ;)

molie
20th Feb 2012, 10:54
hey,has anyone been invited for interview by qatar in uganda,just wondering it has been 3 weeks now since i put in my application on 28th jan,12.i want to know if they have done the selections already. thanks

sofia16
20th Feb 2012, 11:50
Hi molie,

i also had my final interview in georgia last 30 January. and until now have not receive any email from them. Did they also tell you to email them just in case you will not receive one?

flyingdreams
20th Feb 2012, 14:47
Sofia16 be patient! I got my congratulation email after 4 weeks from my FI ;)

ffo!

Today my coordinator wrote me a mail. She was in her anual leave between 10-18 February! She asked me to send her the Cob's angle report. I sent her again the same report which I sent on 20th January... the report was prepared by different doctor. Unfortunately because of lake of tools and/or knowledge I could hardly find a doctor in my city who could calculate and indicate the Cob's angle. I don't know what to do if this wont be good again :ugh:

I'm already worried :sad:.................:{

Maldita
20th Feb 2012, 14:59
Hi! I am from Manila, Philippines, and I learned that there's gonna be an open day in Bali, Indonesia. Can I attend that? And what should I expect? Is that gonna be a different process?

dreams82
21st Feb 2012, 06:33
Ughostess have gotten an invite for the Qatar interviews yet? my lilttle sister got an invitation for this Saturday, they sent her an email:D

indiangirl
21st Feb 2012, 08:42
Hi can anyone from mumbai or india tell me if u attended CV submission day for QATAR AIRWAYS?
Did u reach finals?
What was asked to u?
What u replied?
Also what point u mentioned in cv to make it look different from others?
Thnx in adv.

indiangirl
21st Feb 2012, 08:47
Hi anyone from mumbai or india gng for cv submission dis month at qatar air?

dreams82
21st Feb 2012, 11:28
Moli my sister and my friend have gotten invitations for interviews in Uganda this Saturday at the Serena hotel. Ughostess who told you this i have some friends freaking out,they haven't got any feedback, Check your email

heavensent13
22nd Feb 2012, 07:44
Hello,

I just finished my medicals and submit it to Qatar Airways. My cabin crew coordinator replied that I had to repeat my urinalysis and have a Blood Uric Acid test. Here's the result:

urine reaction: acidic
color:dark yellow
transparency:hazy
protein:negative
sugar:negative
specific gravity:1.020
mucus threads:few
amorphous urates:few
uric acid:within normal limits
epithelial cells: occasional

Do you think I will have issues on my acidic urine and amorphous urates:few?
I have repeated the results so many times already and the doctor told me this is normal. But I am just wondering and still worried on this.Any thoughts or anyone who knows may case ? ;)

cabin pressure
23rd Feb 2012, 06:02
we goooo :ok:cant wait

ffo
23rd Feb 2012, 07:37
Dont worry maybe this time it will be okay ;) I also have send them the test result from my Cobb's angle.... and I had the same problem as you, only one doctor in my city can do it and he did eventually ;) But now, I am still waiting from more explanations , from Qatar, what is this Spine report they want me to send them? :confused:

Did they ask you to send them report of alignement of your spine? or only the result from Cobb's angle? :)

flyingdreams
24th Feb 2012, 10:59
Yes ffo, they asked me two weeks ago to send them a report of the alignment of my spine (second time) and this week on monday they asked only the Cob's angle

Tinker.bell
25th Feb 2012, 08:18
Hi Sofia...
I applied in Georgia as well, had FI on the same date :)

No reply yet.. I guess they just need more time...

cabin pressure
25th Feb 2012, 19:36
Only four girls made it to final interviews tomorrow.

molie
26th Feb 2012, 09:31
hi cabin pressure so how many girls where invited?and how did it go for you?

katarko
26th Feb 2012, 18:13
Hello.
I worked for Qatar Airways before and my advice is:

Take someone else to pee instead you.

They will just check ur urine in Doha for drug test etc on ur initial medical check after u join them.

:)

So send some ur friend or somebody else to pee instead you.

indiangirl
27th Feb 2012, 08:34
Although i was called for second round of interview my first mistake was i didnt heard time well and had to reach early then when i told hr abt my timing she gav me a rude look n said these r imp things u shud remember :(

Then interview proceeded at 12:30 a quick demo was shown no use to note it down coz no one can remember it so fast :( u shud do the homework before appearing interview.it was my second mistake.also HR asks commonly some points abt airlines and salary n stay in qatar u shud participate in those.i did but very less.coz i didnt remembered much things

Lack of info abt airlines ditched my selection on test papers itself then i did third mistake i asked HR if i can write my name on question paper? She turned back again rude n said u shud hear what v say first i told not to write or scribble anything on question paper :(

End of selection !

Then they called names of all those who got disqualified !

I was one of them.

katarko
27th Feb 2012, 10:28
Who was recruiter?

ffo
27th Feb 2012, 11:12
Nice :) so now you are only waiting for the final decision ;)
What is this report of the alignment of your/my spine? Who is writting this? And what is writting in the report?
Because they asked me first for Cobb's angle and I send it to them but now they want from me this report and I dont know what is this, what they want me to send them :p Can you help me :P

Thank you ,in advance ;)

ccdreamgirl
27th Feb 2012, 12:00
ffo, could you check your Inbox, please :O - thank you in advance ... the rest of you - sorry for the spam

Aleria
28th Feb 2012, 08:17
Hey everyone, I had my FI with QR in South Africa last week, already nervous as can be. Everytime an email pops up on my phone, I hope its the congratulations e-mail. Thank you for all the good advice on the forum, it has been a tremendous help in preparing me for the recruitment process. Good luck to all my fellow wannabes who are awaiting their congratulations email.

dreams82
28th Feb 2012, 10:48
Molie they were two groups invited one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each group consisted of about 50 people, They ariived watched a video about Qatar then questions and answers then an English test, during the English Test you go do the reach test. after which in the first group they selected 4girls to continue to the final interview and the afternoon group 2girls were picked. Bring me Emirates interviews anytime and i will redo them at least they give you a chance this was just sheer wastage of our time!

flyingdreams
1st Mar 2012, 08:49
ffo!
I think we should ask somebody who is accepted already! I'm waiting for an answer from Monday (last week) I can't be sure if is good what I sent them... :rolleyes:

Is anybody know something about alignment of the spine? What do they wait to write on the report about this?

Maldita
4th Mar 2012, 06:47
I wonder how was the Open Day in Bali? I was supposed to go, but I cancelled the last minute. I am thinking of attending the one in Hong Kong. Is the competition tight over there? I am from Manila, btw.

justmichelle
4th Mar 2012, 14:11
Hi all, i'm new here from Malaysia! i just got the Congrats email and now proceeding to medical check up.

I went for the chest and spine x ray and my doctor comments were really easy such as " The heart size was normal and the lung fields were clear. No mediastinal abnormality seen'' for chest. and '' the thoracic vertebrae and disc spaces are normal with no scoliosis seen" for the thoracic x ray.

Aren't he too simple????? any advice then? i haven't send out my reports yet to qatar. Should i ask him to write more in details? but how detailed they want?

thanks!!:O

bttfly
4th Mar 2012, 19:28
Can somebody tell me if there is a time restriction when you can re-apply to Qatar, if i just got the rejection email on the other day, and my final interview was on the 20th of February? Thank you.

justmichelle
4th Mar 2012, 23:54
Hi, i remember there's no restriction ahead from what the recruitment officers said when they eliminated a few out. She said welcome to try again. Give it a go!!:)

heavensent13
5th Mar 2012, 09:12
Hello,

anyone of you waiting for medical clearance for 3 weeks now?

Should I still wait?How long will I need to know the medical results from Qatar?:hmm:

heavensent13
5th Mar 2012, 09:22
As for me I think it's okay.Because QR just want to know if you have scoliosis or what is the degrees of your spine if it is a bit curved. Like for me,its 6 degrees which should be fine as it is not classified or to be considered as scoliosis.

Since your doctor wrote that " the thoracic vertebrae and disc spaces are normal with no scoliosis seen",I think that it totally interprets that your spine is okay.

Dont worry if Qatar wants more details,they will email you back and ask for it :)

rockylopez21
5th Mar 2012, 12:23
Good day guys! I'm going to attend an open-day CV submission in the next few days. Acceptance into the airline would be a must for me. Concrete tips would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance. :)

justmichelle
5th Mar 2012, 16:01
just be yourself =) smile often, mix around. they'll be observing you ever since day 1. be there early and sit in the first row, they'll notice u and it's important! good luck for everything!

silalis
6th Mar 2012, 11:01
Hello all!!!

Is there anyone who is joining Doha on 10th of March?

Let me know!

Best regards.

Maldita
7th Mar 2012, 08:36
Do you have any idea on how the open day/CV submission in Hong Kong is gonna be? How does it compare to Manila?

2posh
7th Mar 2012, 13:24
Hello everyone,

I got an email yesterday to attend the Qatar Airways Cabin Crew recruitement preliminary interview in Lagos, Nigeria. I'm really excited about it. Please anyone who already works for Qatar Airways should tell me what to expect and how to ensure I ace the interview. Thank you:)

unprettyangel
7th Mar 2012, 14:47
I am going for a CV Submission this week. And i am really nervous. I am 22 an i have no previous experience with the airlines. What kinda advice you think you can give me? What will happen at CV Submission? Would they tell me there I can come back? or do I wait for a call? or if they dont call you, you cant go to the next round. I have no clue know what to expect. Any tips will be good. I am a nervous wreck already and its days away!

anjoby
8th Mar 2012, 04:51
Hi guys, newbie here

QR is actually having an OD here in Cebu, Philippines this coming Saturday 10th March. one of the requirements is actually complete set of teeth. Just would like to ask if they really have to count all 32 of them lol. Right now, I only got 31 because my dentist removed my 3rd molar (wisdom tooth) because it wasn't growing good. I am actually planning to attend the OD but will my teeth concern turn down my application?

flyguy87
8th Mar 2012, 10:16
Hi,
I attended cv submission for qatar airways.i did pretty well on my part but unfortunately i was unsuccessful. I still got no idea what went wrong. I answered all the questions they asked. Anybody attended cv submission in india ??

flyguy87
8th Mar 2012, 10:22
Hi unprettyangel,
Dont get nervous. Once you get in there things will seem to be much more simpler. You jus hav to submit ur cv, along with your recent passport and full size photograph(avoid white background) your latest updated resume and an id copy/passport copy.they will ask you
how your doing ?
How to address you?
Your currently working or not ?
How old are you ?
Which phone number you would prefer getting a call ?

So you dont have to wait there once your done. You can go home, relax and keep your fingers crossed to get your invitation call.
All the best for your interview :-)

flyguy87
8th Mar 2012, 10:25
Hi anjoby,
As far as i know and have seen they dont count your teeth :-) however they expect a warm open smile from you which i suppose means you ought to show your teeth while smiling. I guess its for the purpose to see if you got good set of teeth. And keep smiling during the interview.
Good luck !

turquoise
8th Mar 2012, 17:09
Hey Flyguy,

Did you attend the CV submission in Chennai?? did you get selected for the next round?

2posh
8th Mar 2012, 19:56
Hello all,

Someone please tell me what "no open hair" means. The QA preliminary interview invite stipulated that hair should be neatly tied back and then "no open hair" was added in parenthesis. Does this mean to use a scarf? Someone please help.

Thank you

justmichelle
9th Mar 2012, 06:26
no open hair means hair must be tidy, behind ears and no baby hair poking around. just tidy and neat is ok. Dun worry, as long as u look cheerful and friendly enough, it wont be a problem =) all the best!!

Anyone know how long does it take to get medical clearance from qatar? A week??

flyguy87
9th Mar 2012, 08:41
Hi turquoise,
I attended cv submission in trivandrum.as far as i know interview went pretty well althou it was unsuccessful. But guna keep trying. Thats what it says :-) hav u attended cv submission with them ?? What happened ??

flyguy87
9th Mar 2012, 08:45
Hi justmichelle,
I think it take 2-3 weeks for guys however for girls its like a week or two. . However you can cross check with any of your friends around.
Good luck

flyguy87
9th Mar 2012, 08:47
Anybody could tell me what was the topic given for group discussion?? How long you had to talk for ??
I have a very small scar on my right hand. It aint visible until and unless u stare at it. Lol :-)
Can any1 tell me if thats guna be a problem ??
Thank you

turquoise
9th Mar 2012, 12:55
hey Flyguy,

I attended the Chennai CV submission, got selected for the next day as well.. I did the test well but the problem is , i have six fingers in both the hands.. (am polydactly).. the sixth finger is hardly visible, but the HR lady somehow noticed it and asked about the extra growth . she was like "ohh" when i told her abt my sixth finger. I expected something is gonna happen cos of that. The result- I wasn't shortlisted for the next round :(

Aijougirl
10th Mar 2012, 10:56
Hi! :)
I'm new here. Just this morning, I submitted my resume for Qatar Airways cabin crew hiring here in Cebu, City Philippines 9am-12noon. Do they call you right away in the afternoon if you made it to the assessment day? It's almost 8pm here.
I haven't received a call yet. Guess I didn't make it. :sad:

anjoby
11th Mar 2012, 06:06
Hi Aijougirl

How many were you at the OD yesterday? How was the first day? I wasn't able to attend because there's an emergency that I need to attend to. Well, that's okay. keep on trying and believe in yourself. failure is not the end of it all, its actually one step towards success.

muffingirl
11th Mar 2012, 15:06
Hi guys am going open day on friday can anyone help who did it already with what questions they ask an what to do so i can do good. thanks

unprettyangel
11th Mar 2012, 21:03
I went to my 1st CV Submission today...i have no clue how i did. I probably didnt get it but anyone know how long do they take to call, if you should come to the next interview...i want to know how long i should plan to be on edge. Because i will be freaking out every time my phone rings. So how long you think? Same day? Tomorrow? Next Week?

anjoby
12th Mar 2012, 01:13
@unprettyangel, that's on the day itself. If you haven't receive any msgs/calls from them on that day, chances are you are not shortlisted for another rounds of assessment.

Aijougirl
12th Mar 2012, 04:06
Yeah, I didn't receive any calls. I did not make it. Sigh...I guess I'm really meant to pursue my profession. I'm a nurse, but I'm not sure if I'm still enjoying it. Lord... :confused:

anjoby
12th Mar 2012, 09:11
@aijougirl: really? so your also a nurse? i am a nurse too. chances are if you haven't experience working as a nurse yet, why not give it a try maybe you'd still be fine with your profession. However, if you have done it already and realize that you're not happy anymore because its not really what you wanted in the first place, then get out of there, follow your heart and be yourself. Hey, don't give up easily. its not the end of the road. failure teaches you to become better and stronger. so don't lose hope if this is what you really want in life. cheer up! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

BlueSkySid
13th Mar 2012, 06:20
Hi crew,

Would anyone here remember the last time QR came to Melbourne to recruit?

unprettyangel
13th Mar 2012, 06:27
I got the call for the 2nd interview but i wasnt chosen for the final group test and the next day. sigh...i wanted this so bad. but i guess thats life. sad, disappointed, cried but i will get over it. eventually

captain.weird
13th Mar 2012, 09:11
Guys, how much do you save from the salary?

Iceman330
14th Mar 2012, 17:38
Anyone have any information regarding recruitment of Airbus SFI's...are working conditions, salary, benefits etc?

Maldita
14th Mar 2012, 18:27
unprettyangel,

Did you attend the HK CV submission also? I was there too. I didn't make it to the group dynamics as well.

Cymmon
14th Mar 2012, 19:22
Good luck to all wannabee's.
I've flown Qatar many times and if you're trained like those onboard then, well ............

I like to be left alone, but also recognised when I would like a drink, the nice chat whilst it's in the middle of the night (for the time zone I'm supposed to be in), thank you and good luck for all who aspire to help my safety and also my many snacks, chats and again, safety.

aviatioismydream
16th Mar 2012, 13:53
Hi guys,

is here anybody who get the clearance and with a mild scoliosis..
i really worried about it.
and this waiting is killing me...
Thanks for the answers.
Have a nice day.

crystal13
16th Mar 2012, 23:04
Hi Guys,
I attended the open day in Trinidad today they said they will call by 4PM it's now 7PM. any one knows how long they take to call or should i give up by now:hmm:

KRomero
16th Mar 2012, 23:40
I went to the “Open Day” in Trinidad and Tobago today. It was the worst thing I’ve ever been too. They advertised this open day on FBook , in the newspaper and on their website then didn’t expect the turn out they got. Well, I was there on time but there was over 800 people I am sure of. I stood for an hour in a line waiting to get into another room to wait more. But before all of that I was placed in the first room where I had to wait as well.

When we finally made it to the Recruiters (this took us close to 4 hours to get there). They asked us ONE question, the one on my side asked me, “tell me about your work experience” and the other one asked for the participants on her side age. She asked me this questions after she wrote what she had to write in her notepad and stapled my photos and resume together. She basically gave me 5 seconds to tell her about this.

But that’s not the sickening part. These recruiters did not introduce themselves to us, when you go up to shake their hands, they’re shaking it before as if it hurts obviously signaling that they do not want to shake your hand. When you speak, they’re not listening. E.g. I was trying to talk to my recruiter to welcome her to my country with one short line but instead of waiting 3 seconds to hear what I had to say, she said “thank you” wrote something down on her file then looked at my resume for ½ a second and called me by the wrong name. I ever noticed their 3 and 4 stacks of resumes, after sitting in a room for long, you would know who goes where and some of the people who were placed in the small file pile looked crazy, didn’t shake their hand, didn’t speak to them about anything. They handed in their stuff and then just walked out like they didn’t care. It’s almost as if, they placed people in the stack to make up their numbers quickly then cut everyone else. Because everyone ahead of me and after me all went into the same pile.

With a couple of rows ahead of me, one of the recruiters stood up and told us that the people who are NOW coming in, that they’re just collecting CVS for now because of the turn out, which clearly gave the impression that we were all late when we were there ON TIME.
I have been to Emirates open day before and it was never like this. Even when we had way too many people, they separated the entire group into different sections and showed their videos and asked questions to each group equally. They were kind, waited to hear what we had to say to them, and even read your CV and CALLED YOU BY YOUR CORRECT NAME! All in all, waste of a day. These people didn’t care to know you or give you a chance.

Best of luck to the ones who make it to the end on Sunday. Certainly not my cup of Coffee. Hate the attitudes of the recruiters.

Maldita
17th Mar 2012, 17:08
I had a far different experience with the CV submission in Hong Kong. Amy and the lady from South Africa were all smiles, very welcoming ang nice. I was there very early, so I was third in line to submit my CV.

Do you guys have any idea on how many people attend the CV Submission in Bangkok, Thailand? I am planning to go there to attend CV submission again. Hehehe. :) :ugh:;):p

sofia16
18th Mar 2012, 06:58
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if anybody here experienced to receive an email from Qatar airways that your application is currently on hold? How long does it take to receive a final answer?

I am a female and I have read for males its quite a long time for them to receive feedback. But recently I received this email that I was put on hold and if there is any decision they will send a reply.

Anybody from this forum who experience or experienced the same thing. IMy Final interview was on 30 January. Its been 1 1/2 months already. I received the email that I was on hold last 8 March. Thanks in advance!:confused:

superstarboi
19th Mar 2012, 05:47
hello all wannabes, my views about Qatar recruitment team that was delegated to Trinidad in March 2012>>: they were unfair in many ways... with a turnout of over 600people just a few guys and most women were among the handful that got short listed... these 2women didn't properly review everyone's cv or assess them closely but choose and discard in their minds whom they felt either qualified or wouldn't meet to their expectation... On the open day they conducted the session with much rush and haste... it was disappointing for most people! although they are a 5star airline their recruitment process is crappy due to the fact that they're utterly UNFAIR to the how many applicants! Emirates does a much greater job... thumbs up for them!
Cant wait for Emirates to visit again!

flyguy87
19th Mar 2012, 06:11
Hi Turquoise,
Better luck next time buddy.

flyguy87
19th Mar 2012, 06:16
Even i too noticed the recruiters are pretty swift in looking around the resume. Dont know even if They check out the work experience but ask about your current working exp, age etc.However im guna try again with them. But i think it would be great if they could atleast intimate the candidates regarding the results :sad:

flyguy87
19th Mar 2012, 06:18
Hi sofia,
There was a similar post regarding the application on hold stuff here.maybe in t begining. You can check out that. Perhaps you might find your answer

Maldita
19th Mar 2012, 23:25
sofia16, as long as you haven't received a regret email, there's a big chance you are still gonna get a congratulatory email. There's still hope, just think positive.

sofia16
20th Mar 2012, 08:13
Thank you so much guys! I will be waiting for the result. Hoping to get a positive one. :ok:

ccdreamgirl
20th Mar 2012, 09:50
Sofia16, where are you from?

P.S. You could check you Inbox :p

justmichelle
20th Mar 2012, 11:00
hello sofia16, u got the on hold email? maybe it's better for you to call up to Qatar finding mrs. kramos and ask her about your status. I got the number if you are interested. Best of luck!

sofia16
20th Mar 2012, 11:15
thanks ccdreamgirl!

flyingdreams
20th Mar 2012, 13:09
I got my DOJ - 14 April
I'm sooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

sofia16
20th Mar 2012, 14:26
Hi justmichelle,

Thank you for your concern. I got her number as well she replied to my email telling me there is no decision yet regarding my application. Just concern of until how long would this could be. For males they said its quite a long time even months it could be. Do you got friends who experienced this and what would be their results?

Thanks,

Sofia16

justmichelle
20th Mar 2012, 15:50
hey sofia16, there's no one i know was on hold. maybe they need to sort out after the final interview. how many person is in the final interview with you? try asking them? my batch in malaysia is only 7 person, maybe that's the reason they sort things faster. but, dun give up hope, on hold is better than a regret email.

keep praying! dun lost faith =)

Maldita
20th Mar 2012, 16:51
Hi justmichelle! How is the volume of people that attend the OD in Malaysia?

flyguy87
20th Mar 2012, 19:17
:) Wish u good luck @ sofia16

justmichelle
21st Mar 2012, 00:57
Hi Maldita, the CV submission day was on 30th January, there was no crowd when i reach, just around 30 person, maybe due to that period is chinese new year and less people know.. you can try coming for malaysia's OD, Malaysians are more keen into entering Singapore Airlines and Emirates than Qatar.

flyguy87
21st Mar 2012, 09:10
Hi,
Could someone please tell me what was the topic given for group discussion ??
Appreciate your help.
Thank you

sofia16
21st Mar 2012, 10:55
Hi Flyguy,

Topics for group discussion depends on the ROs but based on my experience they gave us certain scenarios then the group will decide on how to prioritize the events - from the most important to the least important. There is no right or wrong answer. All opinion based. An example would be, if you are a cabin crew in a plane and there are passengers/people needing your help who would you attend first. (a) pilot asking for coffee (b) mother with a crying child (c) passenger asking for water (d) old man who has difficulty in breathing (e) passenger asking for blanket. Then explain your answer. Other topics will be (1) Give 5 important qualities of a cabin crew.. explain (2) Situational topics like: You are already a cabin crew - just got home from a tiring flight and you found your flatmate drinking and smoking and partying in your flat. What will you do and how will you handle this situation? (3) A VIP Passenger asking for a vegetarian meal but there is no available on board. What will you do? (4) Passenger messing the lavatory. - Most topics probably are situations requiring how you will be able to handle such things. Hope this help. :ok:

nyt_lyfshna
21st Mar 2012, 11:49
Hello everyone! I am new here and since i am also waiting for my FI result (it's been almost 4wks now) , i found this thread out of anxiousness. Btw, does anybody know if breast implants would be an issue in getting employed with QR? i had it done 1 year ago.

It's really nice to have read all of your stories here..I hope to hear from you guys soon as well !

More Blessings on your way<---> ;)

flyguy87
21st Mar 2012, 11:49
Thank you so much @ sofia for your response.
Seems like they got all tricky questions in their pocket. So then what happened with you ?? When did you attend the interview with them ??

sofia16
21st Mar 2012, 11:59
Hi There,

Yes all questions are really tricky. But as long as you could support your answer it will be valid. As for me, still waiting.. My FI was last 30 January. 7 weeks already and still waiting. March 8 they told me my application was on hold. Last Sunday, I received an email from them to be patient and wait for the result. This waiting is really difficult but I still hope to get a positive answer. How about you? Have you applied? planning to apply? where?

justmichelle
21st Mar 2012, 14:09
hi flyguy, mine was pretty easy.. they gave us a blank paper and ask us to draw a city where cabin crews stayed. From here, no right or wrong.. just be participative and remember to listened to others opinion and be supportive. take the initiative to volunteer in talking or taking down notes. they will give extra marks on the volunteers. besides, dun just keep all the good for u, initiate to ask others to help u..

for mine, i took the initiative to take down opinions on that piece of paper, then when times almost runs out, i ask every member to join and draw together (this actually shows team work). have fun in talking, treat the interviewers as transparent. Just enjoy! they can see ur motions and actions, which is what they wanted.

flyguy87
21st Mar 2012, 16:36
@sofia,

I understand how you must be feeling. . Its like you are so near to having that cup of tea and it aint served yet :p
Well i did attend the cv submission on 5th of march. I did my part real well however unfortunately i was unsuccessfull (I really got no idea why)
Anyways perhaps it was a good experience for me to get to know the other candidates and without fail im guna try again :)
No worries for you sofia. Yeah. They take sometime in replying back. I would really hope and pray you get through with flying colours :)
Patience always pays off to you at its best.
Take care and good luck
Stay blessed

flyguy87
21st Mar 2012, 16:44
Hi justmichelle,

Thank you so much for your response. Im really surprised to know they asked you to draw the city where cabin crew stayed
:D i understand they look for team work. Thank you for the points provided. Im certainly guna keep that in mind. I have also heard like you have to write an essay too during english test ?? I think its easy to handle. So then what happened ?? What they said ?? Did you made it to final round ??
Eager to know :-)

Thank you
Stay blessed

justmichelle
22nd Mar 2012, 05:18
erm. here's what i experienced and what i observed.. On CV submission day, it's important to be there earlier than the given time, sit at the front row, mix around with new people, remember to smile all the time and be friendly. The recruiters normally came in on time and remember to greet them with a smile and listen for instructions. At that time, they'll paste some notice on the board asking everyone to read for those who get the calls. As everyone rushes to read those, i waited patiently at my place and when the crowd is lesser I only walk and read it slowly. This is better as u can absorb all informations better. And please follow the instructions on the notice board, very important!

After I get the call, they asked to bring a pen and be there on time. As usual, get there early and make friends around (Don't be over friendly). Sometimes, you 'll meet people which you think they have better qualities than you, don't feel sad, instead see whatever you can learn from them. you might meet ppl who is nervous, be supportive and tell them they can do it as well. =)

The essay was to write about ''the ugly moment in your workplace, and state how you solves it'' . Don't write too much, be short and simple, the writting can actually see your personality. I was kinda sad as i feel that i didn't really do well on the Q&A session, i feel it's quite tough (oh ya, 1st session of Q&A is about the company background which they'll brief in the presentation, must take note!!*).. The recruiters tell us that they did observed us from day 1, so every steps you take and every moves they saw it! I did ask one questions after they present, ''no question is a stupid question'' , ask something (pls do not ask about the boeing or airbus, the pay etc, i guessed this annoyed them, those experienced cc asked those, none of them get into the next round) to get their attention. The question i asked was silly but effective, everyone laughed, so I guess i succeed LOL. And please show that you are interested in working with them during the presentation, your actions shows your compassionate =)

then it was the group discussion, teamwork, volunteering is important. Most importantly have fun!!

final interview was really very casual, they asked question based on what you filled in at the application form. I was quite nervous then, and the recruiters are kind to ask me stay relax, so I asked if i'm allowed to lean on the chair. Just treat it as talking with some old friend and smile. I chooses to become the last for the FI, there's are much advantage to be the last but rather risky. My photo wasn't qualified so I need to retake and everything was kinda rush, being the last actually gave me just enough time. Besides, being the last you are more able to chat with the recruiters such as ''have u all eaten?" (they should be rather hungry after interviewed everyone). "when are u all leaving?" (just to calculate the time it takes to hand in all applications to Doha''..

guess that's all.. sorry for writing an essay :p

frst
22nd Mar 2012, 07:50
@justmichelle Who was recruiter on ur OD/FI ?
I worked before with QR so they maybe recruited me as well.
:)

justmichelle
22nd Mar 2012, 08:08
hi frst, my recruiters were Kay and Cat. Kay is from singapore and Cat was malaysia.. they are very nice! =)

frst
22nd Mar 2012, 08:20
Caterine?
I dont like her...
She is in her 40s now?

She seems very nice etc, but she is much different.

LostSoul22
23rd Mar 2012, 05:41
Hello there!

I've been an active reader of the forum ever since 2009 and finally decided to sign up :8. I was an aspiring QA FA wanna be back in 2008-2009, i tried twice but couldn't even make it to the AD, i was very discouraged back then and thought that was it, i shouldn't be trying my luck with something that's not meant for me.... and i told myself to boost my self esteem being FA is hard and i'm not meant to be one, i'm not service oriented , I've got arrogant attitude which i used to hear all the time etc etc..graduated college got an office job sitting behind computer from 8:30am to 5:30pm it'll be 2 years since i got into job market this July. But I find myself unhappy, and not fulfilled at my current position. I guess its showing a sign that i really should start looking for something else which makes me fulfilled and happy. And once again i've got the courage to take my chances attending ODs pretty soon. Now i'm already thinking of quitting my job by the end of July and attend the QA OD nearby my home. The thing is , even though i was turned down twice :ugh:, something inside of me is telling me give it another try, even though failure was hard enough and discouraged me then i've learned alot of things about myself .. and my character. I've finally realized my weaknesses and tried to overcome all of that within the last 2 years and with some sales & marketing experience at hand i can finally be sure that I can be a FA, i'm qualified to be one. I'm writing this entry to all of those aspiring FA's that failed on their 1st or second try..... Don't give up if its ur dream go for until you get it! I'm mongolian national and both QA or Emirates dont have routes to where i live /mongolia/ i first got familiar with those two airlines while i was overseas which they used to hold ODs. Wondering if QA will hold any ODs in the near future in Beijing or HK? which is the two nearest locations from where i live and that doesn't require any visa or whatsoever.

Thanks fellow aspiring FAs for reading my long and dreary post i will keep you updated!:p

hitesh.ahire
23rd Mar 2012, 07:27
Hello people, I got appointed for Qatar as a cabin crew
My joining date is 14th April,
Is there anybody joining on the same date?

Please let me know about the joining formalities, as I am a fresher and I'm from India.

Any Help is appreciated.

Thanks i advance.

LostSoul22
23rd Mar 2012, 07:46
@hitesh.ahir Hey there, do you mind sharing your experience? By the way congrats that you made it to QA!!:D I'm thinking of attending one .... even though i've already failed twice :ugh:

flyingdreams
24th Mar 2012, 12:21
Hi hitesh.ahire (http://www.pprune.org/members/361309-hitesh-ahire)

I got the same joining date - 14 April! :E
I sent you a private message!

sisi imp
25th Mar 2012, 13:04
hi everyone I really love this thread any way I am joining next week on the 31st march is any one going to doha in this day or at least starting training on 1st of April it would be great to find someone to be with any one joining can send me a privet message

I REALLY WISH TO ALL OF YOU A VERY GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU THERE

I can not believe that I am leaving in a week

sisi imp
25th Mar 2012, 13:46
hi everyone I am joining 31st of march is there any one who join in the same date please I am starting training 1st of April

justmichelle
26th Mar 2012, 17:14
anyone have any idea how many batches are reporting each month???

heavensent13
27th Mar 2012, 16:56
Im leaving this April 7. I finally got my ticket and visa!

I still cant believe that one day I will be able to post it :D

Hope everything will be smooth going there.Anyone have the same date?:)

heavensent13
27th Mar 2012, 16:58
Hi Justmichelle,

My friend who"s working in qatar told me that every week 2 batches are starting consisting of 20 people per batch :)

justmichelle
27th Mar 2012, 17:57
Hi Heavensent13, congrats!!!! and thanks for the info.. i'm still waiting for my medical to be cleared. just sent them additional reports yesterday, hope to hear from them soon, hopefully not another 2 weeks :ugh:

Once again, congrats! i shall meet u there? LOL

Maldita
29th Mar 2012, 19:52
Question re medicals, on the eye grade, do they have a limit for that? Like mine is -2.25 and -2.00, but I wear contact lenses all the time.

justmichelle
30th Mar 2012, 03:50
hi maldita. vision is not a problem as long as u wear contact lenses. the medical clearance requires to achieve 20/20 based on snellen chart with corrected eyesight(means with contact lenses/ specs)..

mine is -9.00 both eyes, so, if i passed, u need not need to worry at all lol

Maldita
30th Mar 2012, 05:03
Thank you for the clarification. :) Bec in Saudia, I heard there's a limit, that's why some of the girls who've undergone their medicals had laser done.

Aijougirl
30th Mar 2012, 09:31
Thanks! Uhm, yeah I've tried working as a nurse for more than a year. I enjoyed it but I really love travelling and flying. I hope I can make it next time. :(
I'll try other airlines too. Wish me luck. :)

flyguy87
31st Mar 2012, 05:59
Congrats @heavensent13
Hope this be the beautiful start of your new career.

@justmichelle
Dont worry. Im sure they must have received your reports. I would keep my fingers crossed for you. You would surely receive your golden call soon.
Cheers

flyguy87
31st Mar 2012, 06:14
@justmichelle
Well your essay was pretty much accurate and what you said did happen with me too. The notice on the notice board. Two recruiters. Although i couldnt find a place in the front because it was also filled up. I smiled a lot. I wasnt sure about my photo although i though it might help get me through with a call. For us too i think it was the same recruiters. One of them was very friendly. Other lady looked quite different from the former one(kinda harsh on her facial expression) but it was a good experience for me. I really thought my past work customer service experience must help me get through.
I really feel these tips and the replies from the prune members could help a lot to get to that successful point.
Atleast a lot helpful than spending more money on those expensive courses out there :(

This place is really the best and hope suggestions from such wonderfull people will help me to be successfull one day (fingers crossed)
:D

flyingdreams
3rd Apr 2012, 15:32
I got my joining date for 14 April but I'm still waiting for my visa and ticket.
I would like to pack my stuff but I don't know how many luggage (kg) can I bring with me... :confused:

flyer22
3rd Apr 2012, 16:49
Hello guys.
Does anybody knows if any male batch will start recently?
I am waiting 6 months for reply...

flyguy87
3rd Apr 2012, 17:27
@flying dreams

Super man. Congrats :ok:

@flyer22
I read somewhere in here that every week they have two batches starting up.

flyingdreams
3rd Apr 2012, 17:51
Flyguy87 Thanks!

Yes, two batches but for girls not for boys!

ccdreamgirl
4th Apr 2012, 10:01
Hi there,

I finally got my DOJ yesterday - 14th of april, but in my application form I asked them for a grace period of 4 weeks because I am currently employed and I cannot resign without observing the 30-day grace period (and they want me to be ready within 11 days, which for me is impossible :sad:) So I send my coordinator a letter yesterday but since then I haven't received any reply from her. I didn't send her back the signed copy of the Offer Letter because I thought she has to book me another date and send me a new letter, but I don't know if I am right :ugh: Is there anyone in the same situation as me? :confused:

New Crew
4th Apr 2012, 12:04
Hi DOJ dont worry it usually takes 3-4 days to get any response from qatar team as they have so many mails to be taken care of, I have a small question which is how long do u have to wait to get you visa after getting you medical clearance? because they told me on 2nd April that they will forward my documents for the visa application? thanks in advance for any comments

flyingdreams
4th Apr 2012, 12:56
Hi.
I think if you don't send them the signed papers you can lose the chance to work for QA...

Rocky181
4th Apr 2012, 18:43
Hey Nikki88
I liked what you re-posted(is that like retwitted?). It had a lot to read. I went for a AD in Sydney with Qatar. Unfortunately I had to work that day so i couldn't stay all day but what I heard about the rules back then and it concerned me. I thought they were too strict and this is AD. Would you know how that would differ with that of Etihad or Emirates?

heavensent13
5th Apr 2012, 01:28
Limit for the luggage is i think 120 kg,max of 32 kg per luggage. Dont worry they will send you all the details you need :ok:

@ccdreamgirl:

I think as long as you inform them and they still have available slots for the upcoming date of joining dates,they can reschedule you. But ofcourse,it still depends on their decision.

I had a friend who were accepted in Qatar and was asked to travel in 7 days time. She gave a valid reason and her date of joining was moved.

@newcrew regarding visa:

On my experience I received my visa and ticket a week after I received my medical clearance. I heard some received it earlier than that,some received it late like a week before they leave.

justmichelle
5th Apr 2012, 06:44
just got my DOJ!! it's on the 14 april !!!

macam
5th Apr 2012, 13:23
Hi, what's DOJ?

flyingdreams
5th Apr 2012, 14:23
DOJ - Day Of Joining

Justmichelle I'm happy for you! I sent you a private message :D

New Crew
6th Apr 2012, 09:11
thanks for the answer,m looing forward to it :)

camelchou
6th Apr 2012, 20:43
Hi everyone, Im new in this forum, I've being reading ur posts for a while, wanna congratulate all those who had their DOJ and wish a good luck to those who are still waitin' like me!!! In fact Im waitin for my medical clearance nd its killing meee!! I sent the medical reports nd my coordinator asked me to add some extra comments on my chest x ray report, but it took me a week to do it, I sent her an email explainin why I couldnt send it the first time, she answered, but the second time she did not!! I sent her the reports today nd still got no response, im so worried if this delay have affected my recruitment process!!! Any idea guys??? pleaaaaaaaase help!!!!:sad:

ccdreamgirl
7th Apr 2012, 06:16
@ heavensent13 and flyingdreams - thank you guys for your answers. We are now negotiating a suitable date and I´m waiting for my new DOJ. I´ll keep you posted.

Cheers

New Crew
8th Apr 2012, 09:11
Dont worry they respond to every single mail they gey,its just that they have a lot of things to be taken care of,in your case i think they are waiting for the medical clearance,so the movement they will get it they will reply to you with a positive response :) so you just need to have patience,GOOD LUCK:ok:

yajna31
8th Apr 2012, 09:59
hello people! am fairly new on this forum, so am sorry if i created this thread uselessly
yesterday i attended my second OD for qatar airways
the first one was with emirates airlines- (i wasnt even chosen for the 2nd day)

I wanted to know where i went wrong.
Yesterday while talking i stammered a little bit due to nervousness,
mentioned these on my cv:
i have a finance degree
am working as an assistant communication manager
i participated in many youth conferences
my cv was TWO pages and quite bulky and full as i listed all my duties i do.

i wasnot really smiling as my teeth are really not well aligned :(
i could not maintain a conversation with the recruiter. because of nervousness
i mentioned that i can talk some basic japanese (which is true), when the recruiter said ''basic japanese? how come".. i replied " some basic japanese like hi-hello-bye''

also i am 1m80 & wore like a 6 cms heels! was i way too tall because of the heels?

can someone advice me, how to be a better candidate for the next time? i am supposing emirates will come to recruit soon.

am thinking to take a public speaking course, a first aid course & importantly have veneers.

any advices?

crimsonR
8th Apr 2012, 15:52
Hello,
I've been to QA cabin crew CV submission yesterday and they called me and today I was there again but after the english test, they asked us to go out and called out names and i wasnt selected.
I was a bit disappointed because I knew I have done well in the test and I did reach 212 cm.
I guess they weren't impressed
I was wondering if i should apply a second time :confused: do people have chances of being selected if they tried it a second time? :} lol

flyingdreams
9th Apr 2012, 10:10
Even if you try 8th times you can have success! Trust me ;)

ivanuhe
9th Apr 2012, 15:24
Hi all! I'm thanksful for this very valuable information.
I applied online to Qatar Airways Jakarta division. I heard that QR always welcomes all applicant even not in recruitment event. Is that right? That means whenever we may apply online and wait to interview calling.

I applied last month but I haven't got any interview calling yet. Does it take a long time?

But after I've read this thread, I am a little bit hesitate to continue to be cabin crew because the rules. The most annoying rule is about smoking. Is that true that NO SMOKING AT ALL? Even I'm not using crew uniform and at public place , or when I back to my hometwon? I think that a silly and nonsense rule. You may not smoking when you use crew uniform, that will more tolerancable.

Does being QR cabin crew make you happy? How long (nights) you get layover when you fly to Europe, Asia or America? How often you get long haul? I heard that being QR cabin crew is very tired and busy because QR has so many short hauls that makes you fly some flights a day without get off from the plane when reached the destination.

Please your further information and thank you in advance

crimsonR
9th Apr 2012, 16:14
Really ? cool then i will consider trying again. :)

camelchou
9th Apr 2012, 22:31
New crew, Thanks a lot, guess I have nothing to do apart from waitin' best of luck to u as well

New Crew
9th Apr 2012, 23:52
Good luck to you as well,i have sent you a private message just chk it

Maldita
10th Apr 2012, 04:59
Hi yajna31! You're supposed to be aiming for a smart, corporate look, so don't wear party heels next time ;) a 3-inch pair will do. :) I have never been on a flight with QR, but accdg to a friend, not all their crews have aligned teeth, so just smile as if you have perfect teeth. Smile like you mean it :D

heavensent13
10th Apr 2012, 15:34
thats nice to hear! Im already here in Doha and its nice here! Yes theres a lot of rules but we should understand that this is a 5 star airline and they should really uphold to its excellent standard.

indiangirl
10th Apr 2012, 17:15
Hi wannabes i am tryimg my luck this time from pune (india) is there anyone coming too at same venue?

macam
11th Apr 2012, 02:38
^Hi, how strict is it there? When did you start? How many weeks is the training?

New Crew
12th Apr 2012, 09:44
TEXT SPEAK

New Crew
12th Apr 2012, 16:16
TEXT SPEAK

thegirlcoach
14th Apr 2012, 03:32
Hi there! I'm new and I just want to know if Qatar Airways allows reapplication after failed medicals? I applied 2010 and I got rejected for no apparent reason.
:( I was declared fit. Any of you knows if they'd still accept me? I'm willing to undergo the same process again though..

heavensent13
14th Apr 2012, 06:27
yes you can still try even after you failed the medicals. Actually you can reapply after 6 mos but since it been 2 years since 2010, you're more than free to apply again :O

thegirlcoach
14th Apr 2012, 08:38
^really? :) that's awesome! do you know someone who actually got in after she/he initially failed the medicals? I heard or read somewhere that once you failed qatar's medical you can't be accepted anymore because they keep your records. Bad thing bout my case is, I was declared fit so I really had no idea why I was denied.... :ugh:

camelchou
16th Apr 2012, 20:39
Can we get rejected for no reason?!! I feel like Im not going to have the medical clearance!!!!! :{

Decent
17th Apr 2012, 05:27
Hey guys, what's up? I am new here and this is exactly the kind of thread I have been looking for.

First of all, congrats to all the people who got selected. And for the ones who didn't, don't worry I have heard you can try as many times as you can.

I need someone to help me out, so here is the thing:

The QA people came to the country where I live to recruit some people, I passed all the tests and interviews, this happened on November 18-20, 2011. Everything was going well, I was told I would receive an e-mail notifying me whether I made it to the next round or not. I got an e-mail on December 27th, asking for my photos, so I sent them. I haven't heard from them since then... it's been almost 4 months now and I still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail... they haven't even asked me for my medical exams... is it normal for them to take this long? or should I just give up?:sad:

sofia16
17th Apr 2012, 09:31
if you have not received any regret email from them there is still a chance. by the way, are you a he or she? if you are a male it usually takes longer. i advice you to send them an email for follow up. this is what i did and it helped. they took some time even a week or more to reply but they are responding. in my case, i had my interview january 30, 2012. waited 2 months before i received my congrats email which was last april 2, 2012. now waiting for medical result. just show them that you are still interested.

camelchou
17th Apr 2012, 23:39
Hi guys I got my doj today its on the 28th, my assemptions were totally wrong!!! thank god!! I have a few question if you dont mind answering!! i have some invisible scars on my leg nd Im just wonderin if they check for those kinds of scars in the medical exams!!

Decent
18th Apr 2012, 05:19
Congrats!:D I bet you are excited.

And yes, I am a "he". And as a matter of fact, I did send them an e-mail asking for an update, I got a response few days after informing me that they were still awaiting my results. Three months later ( a week ago) I sent them another one, but unfortunately, I have received no response (yet)...:uhoh: I'm starting to lose hope.

sofia16
18th Apr 2012, 07:04
hi decent, yes im excited and hope you get your congrats email soon. just be patient and you will be rewarded. i understand how you feel as i was once in your situation. this lady we are sending email is currently on vacation i believe si just be polite in asking for follow up and hope to see u in doha! best of luck!

maverick 88
18th Apr 2012, 11:51
hey dude.. my interview was exactly the same date as urs! i had mine on november 21 and ofcourse still waiting :P its almost 5 months without anything.. i've send them 10 emails and got nothing.. but i did call thO and talked to kramos she said im still on hold.. and that was 3 months ago :P
its not just us, theres a guy from greece also waiting and another from my interview.. but he got accepted to emirates (lucky bastard)!
anyway its good to know we'r not alone in this.. so keep in touch! ;)

Decent
18th Apr 2012, 20:43
Oh ok, I feel a little relieved now. Hopefully we get our confirmation e-mail soon.:8

Flying 85
19th Apr 2012, 11:27
Hi everyone ! Im a MALE
It has been almost 6 months that I passed the Final Interview . I sent them 3 e-mails but I still have not received any response from QR !
I know that I m not the only male who is in this situation and I heard that they don't recruit MALES at the moment . Does anyone know something about this and when they will restart recruiting males or the next MALES training date . If you have some news about that PLEASE let me know .
I appreciate every answer .Thank you

flyer22
19th Apr 2012, 16:15
Hello to all males here waiting for final results.. I am waiting for 7 months and its so tiring.. :(((
I send them over 20 e-mails but nothing.
I called Kaye Ramos twice and she told me i have to wait more.. I wonder how much more??:confused:

audreyhepburn
19th Apr 2012, 16:23
Hi!!
I sent my report of the thoracic SPINE and it was fine I was approved as medically fit, so I'll just post it here so you can have an idea of what kind of information should be in the report;)

Vertebral alignment and curvature preserved and normal vertebral density and structure. Intersomatics spaces projection maintained.

I guess I did not have any scoliosis at all. And this was all the info I sent. Hope it helps;)

Decent
20th Apr 2012, 03:02
Oh damn, where did you hear that? and how certain are you of this rumor? If that is the case I might as well just give up. I thought 4 months was a long wait but 6-7 (or more) months is way more than what I had in mind... this really disappoints me. :(

New Crew
20th Apr 2012, 10:25
I am also a male and I know it takes a lot of time for males to get in,but dont give up as they have kept you in the waiting list that means they dont want you guys to slip through there hand,they are just looking for new openings for guys and you all know the ratio of guys against girls is very less, so keep the faith and in between keep on doing the good work which you are doing now:ok: good luck to you all

High-fly
20th Apr 2012, 14:47
Hello*
I hope everybody feeling chilled an relaxed after a long day in the sky or somewhere in this planet,
Well... Few days ago I got an email to intend CV submission in Algiers, Algeria. I sent my application last month via QA website !!*
But I'm just confused about the whole thing !!
My question is " do you consider flight intendant as a career ?
And if there is anyone who passed this event before ... light me up from your *experience if there is any tips it will be great :)

If someone will go tomorrow 21th to Hilton hotel, Algiers let me know*

I hope you get it soon for all ones who are *waiting for *final decision*:)

ivanuhe
23rd Apr 2012, 17:48
I will come to CV submission Jakarta on 5 May.
Please bring your CV in English along with full length and passport size photographs.
Could you tell me about the details for each documents I need? Confusing about full length and passport size photographs.

ccdreamgirl
25th Apr 2012, 19:36
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to thank you all for creating such a wonderful forum which helped me and many others secceed in our journey of becoming cabin crew members for the best airline in the world.

I'll be joining Qatar Aiways on the 19th of May after being on an interview for 3 times in a roll. So my piece of advice is to NEVER give up on your dreams.

My training will commence on the 21st of May. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Doha :)!

Thank you once again! Keep in touch!

Petya

New Crew
26th Apr 2012, 10:01
Like ccdreamgirl i want to thank every one on this forum :) It really helped me a lot and provided me the patience and right answers.
I will be joining on 14th may so if anyone has the same DOJ please let me know.
And I want to congratulate :D and wish you good luck ccdreamgirl for your training :ok:

apyang
27th Apr 2012, 09:11
i've been reading this forum for months.. it helped me a lot on the journey on passing all the screenings..,i just want to ask if there's anyone here who undergo any varicose veins treatment and made it to pass the medical of qatar airways? i've been waiting for about a month from the time i submitted my reports of post varicose treatment. i just want to know if there's anyone who have the same experience as i do.

thank you in advance..
patiently waiting on medical clearance..,

:rolleyes:

fleria
27th Apr 2012, 10:25
Goodmorning :)

i wanted to ask if someone knows what is the recruitment policy of Qatar Airways refering to non visible scars in the body(from surgery incision). I recently attended the cabin crew recruitment process and although i passed the first day of the process , during the second day, when we were taking the english test, they were asking each one of us privately if he/she had any scars, even no visible. I told them that i had two from appendix removal incision-very old one, and from breast augmentation surgery. I was not chosen after all but since i wanted to reattend an open dayin the future, maybe in Emirates, i wanted to know if someone knows sth about this matter (scars, breast augmentation). Thank you in advance :)

mell
27th Apr 2012, 19:03
TEXT SPEAK

ptitelolo
29th Apr 2012, 17:23
Hello Everybody !

I'm waiting an answer from Qatar Airways, tomorrow it will be 2 weeks !

My question is about the medicals.

is it true that you have to send them back after just 3 days the result in english of course (i'm french!) ?

because in france it takes more than 3 days to have appointment and result + translation in english ^^

and they said "don't do any medical before the answer " !!

so i was wondering if they can give more than 3 days ????

does somebody can help me !!!! please =)

Thanks a lot

New Crew
29th Apr 2012, 23:52
I think you should wait till you receive your letter of acceptance,it was the same problem with me as i live in salzburg and all my reports were in german,but what i did is that i did not went to a translator,instead i went to a doctor who wrote me all the final outcome of the results in english:) so it saved a lot of time, you may do the same too if you want. good luck :ok:

Amarise
30th Apr 2012, 07:12
Hi everyone. Can anyone give me advice what's the best answer if the RO asks you what you do right now? I have resigned from work 4 months ago due to personal reasons. So I'm unemployed, but now actively looking for work again. Would that be a disadvantage? Does anyone have the same experience, would you mind sharing what I can answer to the ROs if I attend the open day? Greatly appreciate if someone answers my question. Thanks

ptitelolo
30th Apr 2012, 10:51
TEXT SPEAK

New Crew
30th Apr 2012, 11:09
TEXT SPEAK

Decent
1st May 2012, 04:19
Hey, don't worry about it. I don't think that would be a problem, I already went through all that and it is not a big deal. Just be honest, because I am pretty sure they will want to know the reason why you left.

On a side note, can anyone help me out? after 4 months of long wait, I received my e-mail confirmation today :ok:, now my main concern is getting the medical clearance ASAP!
Does anyone know how long does it take to get them? e-mail says I am supposed to send the results in english 5 days after I hit the "reply" button when confirming my e-mail address. Thing is... I clicked on "reply" before I finished reading the e-mail and tomorrow is a national "day-off" which will leave me with 3 days to get all the tests done and send them back! :ugh: Does it take long? you think they would wait for me a few more days if necessary? I'm worried :sad:

ccdreamgirl
1st May 2012, 06:15
Hi guys,

Don't worry about the time, my e-mail said that I was supposed to send my medical reports 3 days after acknowledging the e-mail. I waited 2 days before confirming anything bcs I didn't know where to do the medicals. When I decided in which hospital I'll do them, I e-mailed them and I asked for an extension of the given period to prepare all the docs. I asked for a week and there was no problem at all. As long as you inform them accordingly how much time you will need and why do you need it, everything will be fine. In most cases you will need the send them again some of the papers bcs they are very strict about what exactly your doctor should write, especially about the Thoracic Spine Alignment, so don't worry :) Good luck and if you need more information about the medical reports pm me, I'll be happy to help you out ;)

Decent
1st May 2012, 17:06
Great, thanks a lot! :ok:

primrose24
1st May 2012, 20:56
where was your FI ? :) I will be doing the medicals, too.

flyguy87
1st May 2012, 23:24
Congragtlations on your success @ ccdreamgirl, newcrew

flyguy87
2nd May 2012, 02:26
Hi guys,
A quick question. Do we have to mention passport details(passport number) on our resume ??
Appreciate your reply.
Thank you

flyguy87
2nd May 2012, 02:36
TEXT SPEAK

Decent
2nd May 2012, 04:44
Hello, I don't know what FI stands for.:}

@flyguy87
Don't give up, dude. One of the recruiters told us that there was a girl who attempted 7 times until she was hired. Don't know if it's true though.

New Crew
2nd May 2012, 09:39
TEXT SPEAK

flyguy87
2nd May 2012, 12:12
Thanx new crew. Well i left a mail for you. Check it out when your free :-)

flyguy87
2nd May 2012, 12:19
@decent
7th time ?? Oops...do they even accept resumes that many times from a single person??
Well i dont know if they kinda recruit muslims very less ?? I remember many muslim candidates coming for the interview and none made it even to the first round. Maybe its my assumption :(

flyguy87
2nd May 2012, 12:22
Good luck with your call . @ decent

LLisabeth
2nd May 2012, 22:21
Hi, sorry if this has been covered earlier on, I have read through most of the thread and was wondering why Qatar don't recruit in the UK anymore? Do they just not want British staff at all? Any response would be greatly appreciated :)

Esprite
2nd May 2012, 22:40
@ LLisabeth

As I've heard, British wouldn't have stayed long and they complained a lot about company rules. Moreover, most of the time, there were less than 10 candidates attending an open day.
Therefore, they might have decided to slow down recruiting in UK.

However, it doesn't mean that they ban British people. British are welcomed, and there are still some British joining the company, but they got selected from other places outside UK.

If you really want to join Qatar Airways, at this moment you need to apply from other countries.

LLisabeth
3rd May 2012, 07:03
@ esprite

Thank you for your response
:-)

I thought that was the case, I have met ex crew who did have problems with the company and said similar things but I suppose it is each to their own and everyone's experience is different.

I will apply for an interview in a near country thanks again for your quick response!

geeez02
4th May 2012, 09:33
Hi guys!

I went to QR's open day last March 30th in Oryx Rotana Hotel here in Doha, Qatar. I was able to pass everything but I really don't know what happened to the final interview last April 1st. They said they're gonna reach me via email only in 2-3 if I'm in or not but its on my 5th week now. I've already followed it up via email but no response yet. Do you think there is a possibility that they will contact me or not? Or should I call them now :confused:

Still keeping my hopes high tho'. :)
Thanks!

naks
5th May 2012, 10:35
Hi Everyone! :)

You guys didn't only post tips here, but you were all of great help, I am glad I joined this forum :)

My Qatar experience started when I attended the Open Day in Cebu last year. It was a spur of the moment thing, thanks to my friend who was very persuasive. :) I passed the screening and come the second day, I failed, I guess I wasn't that confident, my problem was I had scars then, I bet you all know that they'd want you to tell them about the scars you have and I did, or maybe they noticed it first hand. There's an upcoming open day in Manila and I am hesitant to attend, though may skin improved a lot. It has been a dream for me to be a cabin crew. Do they really require a flawless skin? :ouch:

naks
6th May 2012, 05:51
Hi Maldita,

Have you tried going to open days in Manila? A lot of applicants, i supposed? I've tried the open day in Cebu and I waited for more than an hour to be interviewed. Is it the same here in Manila?

Hope to hear from you, thanks :)

latefromparis
6th May 2012, 08:31
Do Qatar ever do open days in Australia? I have been looking for months but have not once seen an Australian city on their OD list. Any insight would be appreciated :)

apyang
7th May 2012, 09:00
hi naks.. i attend manila recruitment last dec and the estimated no. of applicants are 1,400. It took 3 hours for me to pass my cv. if your scar is not visible with the naked eye i guess it will not be a problem. I myself have a birthmark on the knee ( a small one ) and I told them about it and it was not a problem to them.. for as long as you told them about it when they ask you if you have a visible scar or marks on your body.. most of my batchmates have scars and during the medical they forwarded pictures of it to qatar.. unedited ones.

dutyimadar87
7th May 2012, 12:37
Hi everyone!!
I just had my interview on saturday in Budapest.
It was an open day.
80 people showed up.More than half of candidates were males.
And I am very very sad.This was my second time trying to get the job.
I am 25 and I have cabin crew experience and I think I am a nice guy, but failed again.
No chance at all at the moment.
For the second round, only girls got through,as far as I know 23-24 but It is a such a bad thing that no male got through the first stage.....
So, I am asking Qatar Airways, Why arent you telling us that you dont want any male crew???? and I wouldnt waste my time!!

takingfligh
7th May 2012, 19:09
Hey I dont think you should get so mad. I attended an Interview in Cochin India 2 weeks ago, and for the final day there were 8 girls and 8 guys (that includes me :) ) so they are taking males, or at least some of us do go through all the stages of interview... now if they call us... thats a complete different issue. Yet what i can tell you is this, Cabin crew is a female dominated job, so might as well get use to that.

High-fly
7th May 2012, 21:21
I'm Muslim I went for an OD in Algiers three weeks ago
And I reached til the final, now I'm waiting for the acceptance from them
Three weeks now nothing yet, I'm already disappointed because I think they hire only female but it's ok I'll keep my fingers crossed
Anyone want any help I'll light him from my experience
Was about 400 candidates I was one of the 12 people who picked to the final

Good luck for all
Cheers

takingfligh
8th May 2012, 13:33
Guys, we just have to be pacient, thats all we can do. Good news is that they have our files, so until we get rejected, keep our hopes high. wait and we will see. :D as long as you have agreed to serve and everything during the fast and all that they do not mind that you are a Muslim. So just keep waiting, and let us know how it goes!

Decent
10th May 2012, 04:08
Hey, does anyone know how long does it take to get a confirmation e-mail after sending in the medical reports?

New Crew
10th May 2012, 07:03
Hi Decent, normally it takes 2-4 weeks to get it, but just in case one does not receive with in this time, he/she should write to the concerned person.

Decent
11th May 2012, 04:47
Alright, thanks. I am really hoping everything turns out fine, I heard about people being turned down despite their good health. :suspect:

flyingqueen
11th May 2012, 17:44
hi guys,

i am applying for Qatar airways, previously i worked in an other airline in middle east. i have a scar between my shoulder and elbow, my ex company said ok, since it wasnt shown from uniform sleeves. do you kow the rules for Qatar Airways, are they strict about it?

Decent
12th May 2012, 03:19
Hey, well from what I know, they DO ask about scars and its details, but I don't think it would be much of a problem. Doesn't hurt to try.

macam
13th May 2012, 03:54
Hi, who went to Manila OD yesterday (May 12) and got the "golden text"?

amouchka22
15th May 2012, 20:22
hi everyone am from algeria i sent my medical report 2weeks ago and i dindnt have an answer yet,they didnt tell me that they received my email it is normal?? and when am gonna to receive the clearance!!;)

Mamo9_2
16th May 2012, 01:49
I sent my medical 5 days ago , she told me as soosn as i get a feed back from qatar air ways medical center will infrom u , till now nothing , any one knows how long does it take 2 answer ????

amouchka22
16th May 2012, 10:11
hi i think sometimes 2month or more!!

Macedon
16th May 2012, 11:02
I've sent mine 10 days ago and still nothing, I've read somewhere in this forum that it usually takes from 2 to 4 weeks.
Be patient and think positive :D it will happen.

amouchka22
16th May 2012, 12:06
hi am from algeria too i received their email one week after the final interview maybe we were in the same group i sent them my medical report and am waiting for the clearance !! dont worry be optimistic good luck :ok:

Mamo9_2
17th May 2012, 11:56
Guys if any one got any reply from qatar about the medical inform us ,,, i hate waiting

justmichelle
17th May 2012, 12:41
to those who are waiting for clearance, the medical clearance normally took about 2 weeks (mine 2 weeks, but then they want additional reports which take about another 1.5week then here i am!!)

all the best for medical clearance! as soon as u got it, u'll be reporting soon! best of lucks!

amouchka22
17th May 2012, 20:38
justmichelle wanna know about the swiming test we have to swim or just we gonna to try to safe people wearing the rescue vest??!!

takingfligh
18th May 2012, 16:40
Hey guys, i have finished my interview almost 4 weeks ago, after 3 weeks i got a mail saying that they had recieve my pictures, and thank me for my patience! how long does it ussually take to get a call for medicals? this wait is killing me!

Mamo9_2
18th May 2012, 22:09
I think they send a mail , qatar never call me before !

takingfligh
19th May 2012, 07:49
I meant how long does it take to get the mail from them, (not a literal phone call, but a call to get the medicals done! lol)

Decent
19th May 2012, 22:32
Hey, are you a "he" or a "she"?

According to your gender, you may receive it within a range of 2-5 months.
I am a male and I waited around 4 months. Females usually wait less.
Although, I read about some people (males) waiting longer than me, we are talking about 6-7 months, not sure if they already got the e-mail though.

naks
21st May 2012, 04:43
Hi Macam.

How was the open day? did a lot of people apply? ;)

takingfligh
21st May 2012, 06:09
Am a guy, this waiting is sooooooo crazy!!! one thing is habing patience but this iis killing, one month has already passed by. :S

sudee1221
21st May 2012, 10:55
do they accept candidates with tattoos ?

skrupellos
21st May 2012, 11:40
I confirm that.
I am male, waited exactly sim months on hold for the cogratulations email. In the meantime I did not receive any feedback/on hold email.

My FI was on Oct 17 and I got the congrats-mail on Apr 30. I submitted my medical reports about a week ago. I hope now the rest of the process is not gonna take another 5 months. I am also waiting to hear from EK, currently in AIP status. But I hear they are also taking for ever. :ugh:

Patience is a virtue, but sometimes enough is enough. I dunno if I wanna wait EK as much as I've waited QR.

Good luck all and congratulations so far :D;)

loyee
22nd May 2012, 02:36
hi everyone!

i would like to congratulate everyone of you who had made it this far. good luck and hope qr gets back to you all soonest ;-)

i have been to a cv submission day last year but i was under there minimum age back then (they put 23 and i was 22), so i was told to go home :(

i'm planning to attend the one on 2nd june here in where i live now since i'm now 23 and well over their age requirement (21 this time). but i have a question, i have a scar from ironing on the back of my hand. its 6 cm long and 0.5 cm wide. it has pretty much blended in in the normal colour of my skin. just that when under strong light it becomes shiny and lighter in colour.

should i put any concealer on it? but since it's on the back of my hand, concealer would come off when i wash my hands so it's not the most practical i guess?

oh and i also have 2 scars from cutting on my left arm. will it be a big problem if i let the recruiters see them? please help :(

sofia16
24th May 2012, 11:34
Hi guys!

I have also been waiting for the result of my medicals.. I submitted it two weeks ago. I am just concern about my spine alignment. It says: Straighthening of thoracic and lumbar curves. Slight dextroscoliosis of about 4 degrees modified Cobb's angle. Would this be okay?

Wish all you guys waiting for congratulatory email and medical clearance all the best!:ok:

takingfligh
25th May 2012, 05:12
Hey dont worry, almost everyone has a slight curve, this topic was mention in the past in this forum, i read that within the 15 degrees is ok, so nothing to worry about. All the best, by the way, how long time did it take for them to send you the mail for medicals!?

sofia16
25th May 2012, 07:40
hi, actually for me it takes quite a long time. i am not a male but i was one of those applicants who followed up after not receiving a congrats email nor a regret email. imagine, my interview was january 30, 2012 then after i sent them a follow up email qr told me i was put on hold. received my congrats email on the 2nd of april. due to holidays in my home country i was able to send my medical reports last 9 of may... and now waiting for the clearnce.. hope you receive your email soon!

aeromickey
25th May 2012, 16:05
Good day Guys and Gals,

I emailed my medical report already. Got my congrats email a weeks ago. For those who have any idea, what are the chances of not getting the medical clearance once we send our medical reports? I remember sending photos of my identification marks. is there a chance of not getting a medical clearance because of this?

c",)
hope you guys could shed some needed light

cheers!

Decent
27th May 2012, 08:49
Wassup, people!

I have been following this thread since page 8 and I have to say I am pretty excited about the fact that I have received my medical clearance (yay!).
For the people who are wondering about the time, here is what I have gone through so far so you can get an idea:

1- I went through the interviews, tests, etc. on November 18, 2011.
2- I got my first e-mail confirmation one month later (Dec 27, 2011) asking me to send in my photos.
3- I waited a little more than 4 MONTHS to receive the confirmation e-mail (May 2012) asking for my medical exams.
4- After I sent the medicals, I waited 2 WEEKS to receive the medical clearance from Qatar and the welcoming to the company.
5- A few days have passed and I still haven't been asked to leave my current job, although they told me I would be receiving further details about the job offer.

I hope this helps clearing some doubts about the time frame (which seems to be a very common topic). :ok:

sofia16
27th May 2012, 09:06
TEXT SPEAK

takingfligh
27th May 2012, 15:57
Hey there!! congrats!!! thank you so much for your encouraging, all the best! and hope to meet you in Doha soon!!

loyee
28th May 2012, 12:48
congratulations, decent! thanks very much for sharing with us :D

it looks like it's really going to take longer than i would expect (i was thinking like 3 months at max(?) to get a job offer from them LOL)

nyt_lyfshna
28th May 2012, 14:31
Hello people I have just recieved my medical clearance today (that's 2wks after i submitted my medical reports) & am flying to Doha on the 9th of June. Just be patient guys! Be positive & apply the "Law of Attraction" from THE SECRET. Most importantly, if God knows you mean well, he will give it to you. Keep doing kind to others & all of it will come back to you. Amen?

mtom88
28th May 2012, 14:47
Hello everyone, I am 24 years old male from Bulgaria. There will be an open day on the 3rd June in Bulgaria and I am planning to attend, however I have some questions for those who have already through the process.
First of all what is the open day about? Do they just familiarize you with the company or is there a selection process too? Then the preliminary selection is on the following day, so what can I expect there? Is it like an interview or do you have to do group tasks or..? And finally, if somehow I make it to the final interview it will be on the 5th, but I guess this will be an interview like any other serious job, right?
Moreover, I read that one has to pass some medical exams, is this after the final interview or do you have to do it before, because I don't see a point of being chosen just to get rejected if you fail a medical...and is the fact that I am wearing glasses (mainly at home though) a problem? I suspect it is, but still I want to hear it from someone else.
And finally, I read in some other forums that this is not a job for someone new in the field, and I have to be honest with all of you, I am not one of those who have 'always dreamed of being a cabin crew'. I am just interested in the opportunity to work for such a highly-recognized company and of course I will do the utmost to meet their demands and I will be loyal and everything, but still why would someone say it's not for newbies?

All in all I would be really grateful if I get some responses just so I know what should I expect I would be most grateful.
Thank you in advance :)

skrupellos
29th May 2012, 10:33
Hello mtom88
To get some info about what to expect in the recruitment process, check the firstpage of this topic. It is all you need to know about the Open day, Assessment day and final interview.
You do NOT need to complete any medical examinations before the interview. You will do that only if you are successful at that stage and only when they tell you to do so. After my interview they asked me to do medicals six months later, so be prepared for anything, including a really long wait after your interview. As for the glasses, I dont think it's a problem and you can wear contact lenses or glasses while on duty.
I am currently waiting for my medical clearance and my day of joining so I will get back with more details shortly.
My advice would be to look at your best and act very friendly,welcoming, polite with everyone including the recruiters, and always have an open, honest smile.
It is a very respected company but also a very difficult one to work for, from what I hear.
Good luck.

mtom88
31st May 2012, 07:12
Thanks skrupellos, ironically I read the first page after posting, so it's my bad. But still thanks for your time.

flyer22
31st May 2012, 15:25
Hello guys! Question for males.
Did anybody of you got medical clearance and travel date yet?
Please inform if yes.