PDA

View Full Version : Making Fight plan in Africa

mau mau
6th Feb 2012, 10:43
Hello guys,
I need a hepl regarding a flight plans.
In Europe, inside IFPS airspace, using the website of EUROCONTROL is possible to compile a "flight plan form" in order to see if all your route is correct and if there is some mistake. In this way, you have the possibility to correct all your mistake and issue the correct plan to ATC at first time.
Question is:

Is there something similar for African and Middle east area?
Because those areas are outside IFPS and the "pre-validation" via web is not possible. Any website to check your own IFR route?

Any suggestion is appreciated. :ok:

V1... Ooops
6th Feb 2012, 13:32
I am not aware of a website you can go to for the purpose of validating a flight plan, but some of the higher-end flight planning software packages (for example, Jeppesen FliteStar) can perform similar validations for you.

mau mau
6th Feb 2012, 15:00
Hello, I have flitestar and jeppview as well. They provide correct route, but i prefer to be sure 100% that my flight plan will be accepted before file it because it may be not so easy get errors from the system and try to resolve when you are on the ramp in Egypt.

Foxcotte
6th Feb 2012, 16:34
Mau mau

Sounds all very organised to try and plan (and check) your route before you file but in Africa it doesn't necessarily work. If you're filing for off airways routes, it'll all depend on the mood of the briefing officer as to whether he'll find a fault or not in what you present. Today this is correct, but tomorrow it'll be a whole different story. That certainly applies south of the Sahara, and in the northern drier regions of Africa the bureaucracy according to the intepretation of the regulations can reduce even grown men to tears.

Jeppview is as good a bet as anything but make friends at briefing, consider using local ground handling in some of the more frustrating stops (gritting your teeth at the costs). Be flexible and roll with the flow. Good luck:ok:

mau mau
7th Feb 2012, 15:45
Thanks for your advise :)

What is the authority that manages all IFR flights in Africa and middle east? In Europe and around, we have Eurocontrol with AFTN network.