PDA

View Full Version : Middle East airlines cadet programs

richman1900
4th Feb 2012, 15:30
Hey all, Hope u r fine

anyway i'd like to know about Middle East airlines cadet programs;

1- Emirates Website says that the program is for UAE nationals though some people here ask about their interviews and that they are invited to an interview (People not from the UAE) for an FO Position

2- Etihad airways website doesn't say that there is an international Cadet program, but in the FAQ page in the careers section there is another tab for "International Cadet program" for a SO position.

3- This is what Qatarairways website says,
"
Training bonds
We offer service bonds to ensure that our newly recruited pilots are current on their training. Reimbursement training bonds are available for the following courses: type rating, cross crew qualification, fast track second officer, ab-initio, and command upgrade.
For additional information regarding training bonds, please speak with your recruitment officer."

i really need your help in this
BTW i am from Egypt, so i think i have a better opportunity in the middle east airlines?
Thanks a lot :D

Bumps
4th Feb 2012, 19:10
Could you clarify a bit as to what you are asking?

All the info is clearly available on the websites.

Emirates: UAE nationals only for cadet.

Etihad: Had a cadet program open a while ago but I believe it's closed now.

Qatar: To my knowledge no cadet program.

I know you're asking for ME carriers specifically but check out the wannabee's section, might be more info there.

richman1900
4th Feb 2012, 20:07
I can understand everything perfectly

1- but i saw someone from Mexico here saying he was invited for an interview in emirates.

2- check out this link at the bottom there is a tab for international cadet pilot
Flight Crew FAQs (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/English/FlightCrewfaqs.aspx)

3- check out this link (look at the end of the page)
Training Bonds
Pilots & Flight Deck Crew | Qatar Airways Egypt (http://www.qatarairways.com/eg/en/careers-flight-deck.page)

Thanks for ur answer anyway

Wizofoz
5th Feb 2012, 02:19
richman,

I take it you are not a professional Pilot.

Airlines in the ME recruit pilots who already have significant experience as Direct Entry FOs, and have from time to time taken Direct Entry Captains.

This is reserved for pilots who are already qualified and have the required Hours operating jets elsewhere (for instance, EK requires 2500 Jet hours to join as a DEFO), but are open to all nationalities.

Cadet schemes are to train people with no or little previous experience as SOs or FOs. They are long and costly and usually reserved for citizens of the Airlines home country.

richman1900
8th Feb 2012, 11:46
Anyone has any idea about Qatar training bonds??

Airmann
26th Feb 2012, 08:50
Normal SO bond for QR is 5 years, you only pay for 3 but your still bonded for the next two.

Currently all hiring of Normal SO for QR has stopped because of lack of training facilities. It might reopen again once training resources become available. Keep a look out.

You have a chance of Emirates Ab-initio if you know someone in the airline that can push your application through.

Wizofoz
28th Feb 2012, 02:29
You have a chance of Emirates Ab-initio if you know someone in the airline that can push your application through.

Not unless you are a UAE National.

sharon_t24
1st Mar 2012, 08:06
does anyone know whether qatar airways or arabia have any cadet programs or any S/O programs as i am a CPL holder and currently on a job hunt .... last i heard Air arabia discontinued their S/O program and began the MPL .
some info .

richman1900
6th Mar 2012, 10:09
WOW, thank u for all the replies, it has been a long time since i last checked the thread, as am not a UAE citizen, i think my application will not be considered,
i am joining faculty of engineering for 5 years, and then i hope many airlines would open their international cadet program

BTW Cathay Pacific closed the ab-initio program for international students as i read a lot of people talking about it

Wishing you all the best to happen :)