PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen electronic charts

smithgd
4th Feb 2012, 14:50
Hi
I posted the following on the Private forum, but maybe it's better here:

Hi

Does anyone use the Jeppesen Jeppview electronic charts? I'm trying to decide if it makes financial sense to move from their paper IFR manual to the electronic version. My question is about the revision service for the UK & ireland manual, their website says you get instant updates....but there is no mention of costs!

The paper manuals require a yearly revision fee of about £160, does the electronic version require any yearly fees, if so what are they?

Cheers
smithgd

PS. How does one copy a post from another thread?

peterh337
4th Feb 2012, 15:00
The reason you got no replies is because the obvious answer is to ask Jepp directly.

glider12000
4th Feb 2012, 16:39
UK and Ireland JeppView cost is €355 for a 12 month subscription

debiassi
4th Feb 2012, 17:55
Hey once you have the subscription including the updates, then as it says on the tin, you have already paid for the updates.
You update by connecting to the jeppesen site via the proggramme be it jeppview or flitestar and you simply download the update and away you go.
Fantastic service but for the price.
Always prudent to carry paper charts as a back up as elecrtonic flight bags can go wrong from time to time.

PT6A
4th Feb 2012, 18:34
Get yourself and 3 mates to split the cost... Each Jeppview subscription is good for 4 site keys.

glider12000
5th Feb 2012, 12:21
PT6A - Careful as unless you are operating the same aircraft you will be in breach of the licence agreement for JeppView. It is licenced on a per tail basis.

smithgd
5th Feb 2012, 13:01
Thanks glider12000 and debiassi do you speak from experience or just what the web says? I've looked at the Jepp website and re read it several times but can't be sure about the revision costs.
If there are no annual revision fees then the way I see it after two years I'd be quids in compared to the paper annual fee :)

odemacon
5th Feb 2012, 14:52
No doubt that we enjoy our paperless cockpit much more that the paper version. We Chartview on our MFD and 2 Ipads as a backup with the Jeppesen FD application (Enroute and approach charts) We do not carry a single paper any longer. Apart from the direct cost it's the very time consuming updating process that we are very pleased to do without.
Fly safe - be happy.

NuName
5th Feb 2012, 16:06
You still have to have a subscription, the electronic is cheaper as there are no postage costs. Just go through the order procedure on the website and you will see what they charge.

Son of a Beech
5th Feb 2012, 16:15
PT6A - Careful as unless you are operating the same aircraft you will be in breach of the licence agreement for JeppView. It is licenced on a per tail basis.

Does that mean that if I have one subscription and rent different aircraft I am in breach of contract? How does that work?

Or if four fractional owners share an aircraft and the associated jeppview and they rent a different aircraft that they couldn't use their iPad on a different aircraft.

Don't see that if I share the cost for a subscription that all four couldn't use this.

PT6A
5th Feb 2012, 19:52
Glider, first of all I very much doubt it would ever be an issue.

Secondly when we used Jeppesen before going to Lido at no point did they ever ask us for a list of tail numbers... Just that each subscription came with four site keys and additional keys could be purchased.

If a couple of weekend flyers split the Jeppview CD so they can use it on their iPad etc... I really don't think anyone will bat an eye.