PDA

View Full Version : Time to join Emirates after successful selection

lballina
2nd Feb 2012, 14:48
Does anyone know how much time does Emirates allow for joining after a successful selection process?.

Thank you.

LBG :ok:

Boeing 7E7
2nd Feb 2012, 15:37
It has recently increased to 12 months. Best of luck.

falcon10
2nd Feb 2012, 16:12
Got a few friends who will be out of a job soon and were wondering how long between applying and getting called to an interview assuming one was well-qualified?

roksajet
2nd Feb 2012, 19:05
@falcon10
In my case 3 months

goldthop
2nd Feb 2012, 19:09
1 year from the end of a successful interview to beginning of employment at EK? Seems like a ridiculous amount of time for ANY company.

skyvan
3rd Feb 2012, 06:16
On your application form you are asked (and it is confirmed in the interview) how long you require from notification to start, and they tend to give you about that amount of time, so if your friends say they can start immediately, they would probably start with about two weeks notice, if they say they need one month's notice, that is what they will be given.

Hope that helps.

PilgrimRich
3rd Feb 2012, 22:06
I know a couple of people who have asked for up to 8-9 months before joining after a successful assessment, mainly due to their partner's pregnancy and paternity leave. Emirates seem to be happy to accommodate these requests and actually encouraged them in that respect...

I believe that previous posters were correct stating that you must join within a year.

Good luck!

km5
7th Feb 2012, 12:20
I have heard from 3 different people between 2 and 3 months max and they had 1 month notice periods so I dont think its as long as people are saying. Dont worry..

McNulty
7th Feb 2012, 14:15
It is 12 months according to the road show people in dublin yesterday.

lballina
13th Feb 2012, 01:47
Thank you all for your replies.

:ok: