PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Selection Process

tuaapache
2nd Feb 2012, 13:54
Hi,
I would like to know if any of you ever had the same response from Cathay HR. I am originally from Thailand and I have applied for Cathay Cadetship sometime in 2010 and I had no flying experience back then, but now I have a CASA CPL and I sent them an updated resume and all I got back from them was thank you for e-mail, your data has been updated. I tried reapplying on the website but it says that my application is being process. What kind of application would take almost two years to process? What da fruit is going on? Anyone in the same situation please enlighten me.
Cheers

sognodivolare
2nd Feb 2012, 14:38
yes same situation for me. I've applied about one year ago and I can't update my experience. I've one friend of me, that he passed all the selection process but he told to me that he waited almost 1 year before the first call

Stallone
3rd Feb 2012, 07:37
well, just for your info, my application dates back to April 2010 and still waiting/processing

happy waiting i guess :zzz::zzz::zzz:

tuaapache
3rd Feb 2012, 09:10
Same here man. Instead of saying your application is being processed, at least they could have told how long we have to wait or whether or not they will give us interview at all. I understand that there are tens of thousands of people applying per year, but seriously is this the best they can do?

lionelair
3rd Feb 2012, 11:39
Hi guys,
I applied for CX last month. Still waiting.
I am from France.

smurf84
4th Feb 2012, 10:19
tuaapache - Do you hold a CASA CPL with a flying experience of more than 250 hours? I reckon that is the new requirement as per the guidelines of HKID.

tuaapache
4th Feb 2012, 14:17
I only have 183 hours cpl without mecir and I am not a hong kong resident. I know for a fact they give preference to hong kong nationals now for the cadetship. As for the direct entry, not really sure what the requirements are.

idioticman2003
4th Feb 2012, 20:38
Hey All

According to the "preparing for your Cathay Pacific Interview" Book, and from personal experience; not everyone that applied will be offered an initial interview. Your application will first be screened by a computer, and then by a HR personnel. If he/she is satisfied with your application, they will offer an initial interview. I do believe that there's a "lucky draw" system to it as well, but that's just a rumour that I found on this forum.

I'm not 100% certain of this, but I've heard from staff in CX that they received over 18,000 applications in 2010-2011, and only ~2,000 were offered an initial interview with CX. (in hong Kong and abroad)

Average wait time to get offered an initial interview is 8 months. However this varies as well. It's CX :)

Good luck to you all! I hope it helped.

tuaapache
5th Feb 2012, 09:24
What about my case? It has been almost two years since I applied.

cll11
6th Feb 2012, 00:58
i have my interview next week, any tips guys ?

sam8808
6th Feb 2012, 06:07
Been 3 years since I applied. Haven't had any correspondence from them yet.

turbine100
7th Feb 2012, 11:20
When clicking on the cadet scheme link for application, it does not work. Is it down at present...

CharlieTangoZulu
7th Feb 2012, 12:14
why people are still posting answers here, and moreover asking the same questions when you have the huge cathay pacific program thread in the fragrant harbor section...

:ugh::ugh:

liugorgor
9th Feb 2012, 05:23
Unfortunately, I dont think oversea applicant can apply anymore unless they have a CPL with over 250 hours due to the HK immigration restriction. If you go onto the CX website now which is:

Cadet Pilot Programme – a 61-week programme for applicants with low experience and no ICAO CPL. Preference for this programme will be given to HKID holders.
Advanced Entry – a 32-week programme for applicants who possess an ICAO CPL and have in excess of 250 hours flight time in specified categories.

Stallone
9th Feb 2012, 14:12
Preference means HKID holders have priority, which part of it says overseas applicants prohibited to apply?

well if you insist you're right, go apply it with zero hours, if they reject you outright, then you can come back and confirm it

tuaapache
9th Feb 2012, 14:27
I am 70 hours short. I better go get some flying jobs in Africa. Anybody has been to Africa to find a pilot job? :rolleyes:

overclock25
13th Feb 2012, 18:33
two years since applied.....no answer at all. almost 1000hours flown with a turbine plane. still waiting :{

tuaapache
14th Feb 2012, 04:27
wow, 1000 hours in a turbine and still waiting. I only have 183 in a piston. Guess I can forget about cathay.

brit air
14th Feb 2012, 04:55
well yeah applied back in 2009 in aug no answer yet i have some more flight experience cannot update because it says your application in under process, try to fill in another application not possible. Tried emailing them millions of times no reply from them nothing :(

blbl8326
14th Feb 2012, 06:19
i just know that cx takes a long time in looking through those applications...varies alot
have you tried calling them, sometimes is easier to call than wait for e-mail reply

tuaapache
14th Feb 2012, 08:01
Heard one guy just showed up at the house of one of cathay HRs and got an interview, not he is flying the jet.

blbl8326
14th Feb 2012, 11:10
sounds wrongs haha
but how does he know that HR's address?

tuaapache
14th Feb 2012, 12:51
good question.