PDA

View Full Version : European & JAA License Differences?

Mick & Keiths Corner Stor
3rd Nov 2001, 02:46
Would anyone be able to tell me the differences between a "Eurpoean" and a "JAA" license?
Any replies in English would be a great help.
Thank you all for your help.

3000psi
3rd Nov 2001, 03:30
M&K....Budy !!!
" European's " licencesssss....as many "S" and licences as there are countries within Europe, JAA licence!?!?......a bit like Nessie.... , I've heard about it but never seen even the shadow of the first one.
Got the feeling that I will have long turn to dust before that licence superseed any French, Belgian,Spanish,Danish....etc licencessssssss
sorry I 'm not of a great help in that matter but I bet you our friend the "red pig" or the "Flench Fly ", manflex will get you sorted !

PorcoRosso
3rd Nov 2001, 22:36
Bonjour cher ami

As 3000psi said, JAA licenses are a bit of a complex business
The only thing I know about it, is that the JAR CPL I was given by the CAA is virtually the same as the CAA CPL, except for a couple of words added... And a consequent fee, 172 £
Even if some countries like France won't consider your brand new JAR License, some countries, not necessarily members of EU; will accept it (Switzerland)
If you are looking for a job outside UK; it worth the fee to get new horizons

flyingdog
5th Nov 2001, 17:40
Well it depends what you call European license ... you have the European license basically any licence from a European country (quite obvious) then you have a JAA licence which is the same as the previous one but this time the country is a JAA member then you have the JAR FCL licence and this time the country is not only JAA member but also approved by the JAA training wise ... for example, right now the British CAA can deliver a JAR FCL but Ireland only deliver JAA license waiting to set up all the exams ... hope I was clear enough and good luck ... but check carrefully where you will train ;)