PDA

View Full Version : SQ at Singapore/Changi

Liobian
31st Jan 2012, 19:38
Hi All - a family member is flying LHR to Oz, via Singapore, next week. Does anyone know if luggage can be checked through all the way to Oz, and is there left-luggage facility (for a few hours) at Changi ?? MTIA

Hartington
31st Jan 2012, 20:36
Probably. If it's all been booked as one ticket (ticket and reservation are NOT the same) and the stop in Singapore is only a few hours through check will be the norm, not only for the bags but your relative should also get boarding pass for the flight FROM Singapore on check in in the UK.

However, more than one ticket per person and all bets are off (and depending on passports visas could become an issue for Singapore). What I'm not sure of is the point at which a stop in Singapore becomes so long they won't through check.

PS talking about visas they do have their Australian visa don't they?

thing
3rd Feb 2012, 23:23
I go out to Oz each year to see my son and his family via Singapore and the baggage gets loaded at LHR and comes off at Brisbane. Mind you, that's with SIA both legs. Emirates do the same. I would imagine any connecting flight with the same airline would follow the same procedure although that's just a guess on my part. There probably is a left luggage at Changi although I've never used it, they have everything else there. Best airport in the world IMO.

chillman
4th Feb 2012, 02:08
There are lockers where you can store luggage in each of the 3 terminals at Changi, well signposted on information boards and easy to find, for both short and long term storage.

YorkshireTyke
10th Feb 2012, 08:16
There are lockers where you can store luggage in each of the 3 terminals at Changi,

Nice ! LAX removed them years ago in case someone left a bomb in one and then caught the bus home.

Nervous SLF
12th Jun 2012, 00:55
After reading about Air France and Charles De Gaulle airport I am starting to live up to my user name.
My wife is flying from Auckland to Heathrow with Singapore Airlines soon. The same through ticket but she
has to change aircraft and I presume terminals. The terminal on arrival is unknown at the moment but she
leaves for London from Terminal 3. Is the route marked well enough so that she won't get lost? She self confesses
to be not very good with maps :)

parabellum
12th Jun 2012, 01:38
The terminals at Changi are all interconnected and I'm fairly sure all she has to do is follow the signs! Try this website, it has maps too!

Getting Around the Airport - Changi Airport (http://www.changiairport.com/getting-around/getting-around-the-airport)

Nervous SLF
12th Jun 2012, 02:06
Thank you very much parabellum

wub
12th Jun 2012, 06:02
If the stopover is longer than four hours, SQ offers guided tours of Singapore city free of charge.

Mr Mac
12th Jun 2012, 06:55
Nervous SLF
Changi probably one one of the the top two airports in the world in my opinion :ok:as quite a reguler user (recently just back from there) and I do not think your wife will have any issues with the airport or SQ. Did find on this trip that 777 on Man to Sin and return was looking a little "tired" internaly but that is for another post.

Andy_S
12th Jun 2012, 07:54
The terminal on arrival is unknown at the moment but she leaves for London from Terminal 3. Is the route marked well enough so that she won't get lost?

Yes it is, and it's an easy walk whichever terminal she arrives at. Alternatively, if arriving and departing from different terminals she could simply jump on the 'Skytrain' shuttle train that connects the terminals.

Lord Bracken
20th Jun 2012, 03:59
CDG and SIN are so far apart in terms of customer experience they might as well be on different planets.

Lord Bracken
20th Jun 2012, 04:06
After reading about Air France and Charles De Gaulle airport I am starting to live up to my user name.
My wife is flying from Auckland to Heathrow with Singapore Airlines soon. The same through ticket but she
has to change aircraft and I presume terminals. The terminal on arrival is unknown at the moment but she
leaves for London from Terminal 3. Is the route marked well enough so that she won't get lost? She self confesses
to be not very good with maps

Just to add to this, Singapore will check your wife's bags all the way through and issue her with boarding passes for AKL-SIN and SIN-LHR at AKL.

9/10 they will be able to print the gate for the SIN-LHR flight on the BP when they issue it at AKL (SQ assign gates very early for flights, particularly LHR ones as the A380s they use on this route can only use certain gates at T3).

When she arrives at SIN, she will arrive at T2 or T3. In actual fact, Singapore is all one terminal arranged in a horseshoe shape and you can walk around the whole thing. But it's big, and T2 is the opposite side of the horseshoe to T3.

Gates at SIN have a letter in front of them e.g. B34. As she's leaving from T3, it'll be either Ax or Bx.

Terminal 3 - A & B gates
Terminal 1 - C & D gates
Terminal 2 - E & F gates

If her gate is printed on her BP, then she just needs to follow the signs to the next gate. If not, check a monitor which are plentiful and well located.

If she arrives at T2 (E/F gates) then follow the sign to Skytrain which will take her to T3. If she arrives at T3 then it's even easier. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the 'main' T3 area which is between gates A & B.

Finally, security is done at the gate at SIN which is a good system as the whole terminal building is essentially one big transit area.

It's really extremely easy.

Rush2112
20th Jun 2012, 08:36
CDG and SIN are so far apart in terms of customer experience they might as well be on different planets.

Having just arrived back at SIN from CDG this morning, I can vouch for that statement!