PDA

View Full Version : I need to log in on every visit :(

coldair
31st Jan 2012, 15:03
I wonder if someone can give me advice.

For the last couple of days I need lo log in even though I have asked for my details to be remembered.

I assume that this is a problem with my computer. What settings should I change ? I am running windows XP and have recently deleted my temp files and defragmented my hard drive.

However, whenever I visit Pprune I have to provide all my log in details and if I log out, even for a few minutes, I have to log in again.

This has never happened before.

coldair

propellerhead01
31st Jan 2012, 15:41
Use firefox browser

BOAC
31st Jan 2012, 15:50
A more helpful reply:ugh:
http://www.pprune.org/computer-internet-issues-troubleshooting/475324-pprune-login-not-remembered.html

Milo Minderbinder
31st Jan 2012, 20:13
I assume that this is a problem with my computer.

No, its simple basic security. Do you really want your browser to retain login details? If it retains the pprune credentials it will also be retaining those for your bank / online stores / suppliers and anyone else you do business with

I may be paranoid, but having seen numerous occasions where computers have been hacked and back accounts raided as a result, I make sure ALL logon credentials are erased after every session

Saab Dastard
31st Jan 2012, 21:39
You can choose what information is retained for individual websites - in FF, anyway.

I don't use IEx for anything I have to log in to - at least nothing that I care about - so I don't know offhand what options you can set.

SD

coldair
31st Jan 2012, 22:51
Thanks all,

now back to normal :)

coldair