PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Boss No-Shows in Court

nolimitholdem
31st Jan 2012, 07:24
Judge Angered After Billionaire Prince Fails To Attend Hearing (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8966964/Judge-angered-after-billionaire-prince-fails-to-attend-hearing-over-secret-wife.html)

That's odd...did anyone see anything about this in Gulf News or 7 Days?

Sheikh Ahmed was due to give evidence in the case in which his former mistress, Nivin El-Gamal, is claiming £1 million a year maintenance for the break up of their “secret marriage”.

The Middle Eastern prince, who claims Miss El-Gamal was just an “irregular” sexual partner, failed to appear in court at the last second.

Gee, I hope he is subject to the same discipline many of his staff have been for the same actions. Y'know, like for fornicating and stuff.

paokara
31st Jan 2012, 16:46
IRAN is coming...he has better things to worry about it.

Keep buying defense weapons

nolimitholdem
31st Jan 2012, 19:29
ha! Fair enough! Bigger issues, as they say....

Still, I find it highly amusing to see one of the top leaders of Emirates basically using an admission of breaking UAE law as a defence against British law. Nice of them to provide such a clear illustration of how it all "works"...

Oh for the days when leaders were actually held to higher standards than the common masses, instead of the other way around.

Wizofoz
31st Jan 2012, 19:40
Well, it seems like he was schtupping her in the UK, so he wasn't breaking UAE law.

Islamic law is another matter.... but it does seem like only Women have to abide by that.

jack schidt
1st Feb 2012, 00:12
It will be interesting when the child comes of adult age and looks to challenge daddy for the money pot.

GoreTex
1st Feb 2012, 09:26
maybe he ends up on fb like the other poor bastard

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Feb 2012, 19:17
He admitted to a sexual relationship outside of wedded bliss.

Well quoted in the UK press at the time.

He was quite proud of the relationship, which does raise the question of dual standards within the ruling class of the UAE.

Should the yong lady bring the case in the UAE, where I am sure it would be ingored, like the torture case last year.

glf

Dune
3rd Feb 2012, 11:32
which does raise the question of dual standards within the ruling class of the UAE.

Are you kidding me about your question of dual standards in the UAE .....?

Dual standards between UAE nationals (ruling class or otherwise, all of which the government protects and promotes in spite of any semblance of knowledge, talent or ability except for a few percentage minority) and the rest of us who built, develop and run their friggin P.O.S. (translation POS = piece of $hit) country each and every day are well known.

There is no question.......if there is any such question then it is you that is either naive, uninformed or ignorant to your surroundings.

Gulfstreamaviator
3rd Feb 2012, 13:57
sometimes sarcasm is lost.... Sorry.....

glf

captjns
4th Feb 2012, 09:14
Remember... everyone in the UAE is equal:rolleyes:... Just some are more equal than others:=.