PDA

View Full Version : King Air SSTR - yes or no?

Piloto2011
30th Jan 2012, 17:46
Hi all,

First off, I hate SSTRs schemes and generally speaking, yes, somewhat disrespect people going for it. It's just not right. It's not our responsibility to pay for it. Always swore myself to never ever even consider that route.

So. Shame on me for even posting here about it. But. How much can I expect to pay for King Air type training?

I have a UK JAR license and a bit of SE and twin time, also a twin job but would really like to move up the ladder onto turbine. Done my fair share working fun but crappily paid jobs for a few years and starting to believe a KA type on my license might help me break into those jobs. Am I wrong? Needless to say I just want to fly a KA as I think it's a great and fun machine to fly.

I keep seeing KA job ads asking for the rating but no hours so might be worth a shot?

On a general note, since I'm somewhat uhem more mature in terms of age, what's your take on my situation, just keep flying my twin, keep applying and keep believing or cheat on my own believes and go for a KA SSTR?

Thanks much for all your input guys! Much appreciated! :ok:

angelorange
30th Jan 2012, 18:24
Why not write to King Air operators or visit them. Unlike most airlines they tend to have small HR departments so, depending on background, you might get a look in. Cobham used to bond around £ 5 to 10k for 1 year.