PDA

View Full Version : English Language Prof check in Nice?

Grum
30th Jan 2012, 10:26
Bonjour

Does anyone know where I can do an English Language Proficiency check in or near Nice? I am English but only have level 4 which expires in March. I have a UK JAA licence.

Thanks for the help.

Sephore
30th Jan 2012, 16:47
As you have a UK licence you might have to take the test in UK except if you find a school with a CAA agreement which I doubt, just go in UK for one day like I did (Oxford not to mention it) and get you level 6.

All the best.

Grum
30th Jan 2012, 18:45
Ok thanks. Just wanted to avoid the travel expense. Can't I do it in Marseille and get a level 4 again?

Sephore
1st Feb 2012, 12:21
Only if the school has an agreement with the CAA to be checked which I doubt.

Zest
22nd May 2012, 10:16
Hello everybody,

I currently hold a JAA CPL licence, issued by UK in July 2006, before the international obligation to meet new requirements for English proficiency by ICAO.
Since then I have been working in France as a pilot, and I have been performing all my flight checks in France. So, I did not have the opportunity so far to revalidate my ratings in UK, and get an English proficiency check with a flight examiner.
I was wondering if some of you could give a piece of advice on the way to do the proficiency check in France. Somebody told me that an interview with a TRI approved by UK CAA could be enough to get an official English proficiency.
Thanks for your help.

dazdaz1
22nd May 2012, 14:09
Sorry to 'butt' in. I am amazed reading the above posts how impeccable your writings of English are.:ok: I was going to post this in French but most readers can't understand what I write:eek:

My best Regards

Daz

clyde610
22nd May 2012, 14:36
English proficiency check can be done via Skype with Anglo-Continental:

ICAO Aviation English Courses and Testing for Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers (http://www.anglo-continental.com/en/uk/courses/Aviation/aviation-test.htm)

I did mine in March, receive the certifcate three days later, sent it to the CAA and received the assesment ten days after.

You have to fill some documents before and pay 105£.

Hope it helps,

clyde610

Zest
4th Jun 2012, 12:36
Thanks Clyde for your answer, I will try that :).

ACCP
5th Jun 2012, 18:28
Via Skype ? Crickey ! Now this is a brilliant idea ! :ok::D Well done whoever thought of that.

The thought just strikes me that it may be only a matter of time before the powers that be :ugh: decide that this way to do things is just far too straight-forward and practical and has to be stopped at once. :mad: