PDA

View Full Version : Resigning from Emirates in the first year...

varulven
29th Jan 2012, 16:20
As it says in the contract, the first year 334 Dirhams are deducted from each salary. If one quits before the first year is over does he/she have to pay the rest to the company? And if quitting soon after 1 year is over - are there any debts to return to the company? What is so to say safe period of working there before quitting?

I haven't yet started working there, though I am accepted, but due to some possible problems I want to be sure I am not stuck there for years and if very much needed I can quit in a year... I dreamed about this job, but life situation changes sometimes :ugh:

So I really really want to get this clear before I accept the contract, would appreciate any help :O

givemewings
29th Jan 2012, 18:42
Might be asking about cabin crew- they get a monthly salary deduction for the first year to cover the cash advance & 'household goods' provided to them on joining.

If so, then it's a year minimum. If you want the EOSB, you have to finish a full (3 year) contract or you don't get any part payment (so I'm told- not sure if this is correct though)

varulven
29th Jan 2012, 20:55
Thanks so much to both for the reply :D Takker Varmint :O

Yes, I was asking about cabin crew - sorry for not mentioning it :rolleyes:

I don't need these EOSB...

My problem is this: I have to leave my husband in the home country for the start. He might find job later (like after my probation period) and move too. But what if he doesn't find anything? I can now mentally prepare for being apart for a year, but I don't want any more :{ So in the worst case I will resign, but at the moment, before signing the contract, I want to be sure I won't get big troubles if I resign in a year... It's such a different country with so different laws and mentality, would not want to risk, you know :bored:

Still didn't get it totally clear, oops :O Is quitting in a year safe enough or might it bring some consequences? Or should I only plan minimum 3 years from the start of?
Well, if it's easy procedure to pay back some amount of money if quitting too soon - I can accept those consequences, but if it is kinda problematic then I'm not sure :confused: Sorry for my mess of thoughts - it's a huge change in life ;)

Btw, Varmint, givemewings, are you already working in Emirates? On what jobs?

varulven
29th Jan 2012, 22:47
FasterStronger, :O hehehe true, sorry :ugh:
too many forums, too many thoughts :rolleyes:

Iver
30th Jan 2012, 03:13
Varuvlen,

With Norwegian's major fleet expansion just announced, is it feasible to stay in the area and work for Norwegian if your spouse cannot find work yet? Can you defer acceptance to Emirates for a year to see how the situation plays out? I do think 3 years at Emirates would be a great life experience with the varied travel and cultures if you can do it.

Best of luck to you!

varulven
30th Jan 2012, 20:28
Reinhardt, that was tough, but awakening some thoughts ... :8 thank you!

Are you a pilot or flight attendant yourself?
I understand it is a ****ty job in many ways, but I looove airplanes :} I know it's naiv but I want to travel of course, further than just Europe... :rolleyes: + I'm pretty tired of 8 to 16 job in front of PC, though I have yet no experience of roster job as FA is.

Iver, unfortunately I can't delay joining that much. Well, guess it I turn down this job offer, I better not show up at their interview next year :\

varulven
30th Jan 2012, 23:37
givemewings (http://www.pprune.org/members/341362-givemewings), do you mind if I send you a PM if any more questions come up?

givemewings
31st Jan 2012, 05:43
Geez Reinhardt, did a grade II knock you back on your last layover or something? :E :}

We're not all uni dropouts you know, some of us wanted the opportunity to live outside of our own countries in relative safety rather than backpacking around the world exposed to god knows what risks whereas working with EK gives a relatively safe environment. I can tell you in the time I've been Dubai I've learned a damn lot about how things work in the world & differently to my home country and I am definitely very different to the person who left home. Also appreciate home a lot more!

Yes OP feel free to send me a PM if you want to know anything else. Mods will probably move this soon so if you get lost just head over to the cabin crew forum- lots of married EK crew there living apart from spouses who can probably give better advice. Good luck!